[Rumours] Apparently, information about Part 1

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I suppose you are definitely right. Then there is Junon. I cannot wait to see that.

Plus Nibelhiem, the Forgotten City, and the Northern Glacier.

leadmyskeptic

Pro Adventurer
Especially when it becomes the "Sister Ray", with all them pulsating connectors and whatsits. When I got a lil older, I was bowled over by how many relatively obscure bands I loved had references in my favorite childhood video game (Velvet Underground, My Bloody Valentine, etc)

FFShinra

Sharp Shinra Shill
The Battle of Junon and Diamond Weapon's attack in Midgar are probably the clips I watch the most among the FMVs. Hell, it even gave me a brief obsession into ballistics because I wanted to build such a cannon (and then found out someone had tried to do it back in the 80s and got assassinated for his trouble).

Kain424

Old Man in the Room
I hope he shows up and just says he got fired. So many news outlets have taken this at face value, it would be crazy to think if the guy were the real deal he wouldn't be punished in some way.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_HARP Basically the US and Canada tried to build a gun that could shoot projectiles with the range of an ICBM. The project was scrapped, then Saddam Hussein hired the guy who led it to build him such a gun wtih https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Babylon . Mossad took care of him.

Wow. Sometimes truth really is crazier than about anything in fiction.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
He's been proven a fake.

Glrr0CQ.gif

Vyzzuvazzadth

Yazzavedth Zayann
Leak's fake? Called it :P

But Vyzz. You seen how massive Midgar is and the attention to detail. I don't think it gonna be 2 parts with it being a living breathing world to towns and etc. While minimizing assets as much as possible.
Exactly. That's why I believe there will be 3 parts. I really hope they try to keep the wait times between parts as short as possible, even though I'm afraid my 2 year prediction will come true.

And I want to see that scary horror face in the Gi Caves treat us with many jump scare clips from Let's Players :monster:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Leak's fake? Called it :P

Exactly. That's why I believe there will be 3 parts. I really hope they try to keep the wait times between parts as short as possible, even though I'm afraid my 2 year prediction will come true.

I knew the leak was a fake, and I'm not surprised by this. And I agree that there will be 3 parts, plus the waiting time.

Unless it is rushed and not detailed.

Then it's the repeated history with Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3.

leadmyskeptic

Pro Adventurer
That's a good point, Tash (thinking of the RM in relation to XV, not so much in terms of actual gameplay/mechanics, but development and release). Hopefully, though, it'll be a descendant of the 'history' of XV in the sense that they learned from what went wrong there rather than repeating it, but, then again...it made a lot of money, didn't it? Companies only learn from the dollar.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
KHIII was fine unlike FFXV lol.

By what measure?

KH3's story was extremely rushed with its main core plot literally pushed all the way back to the end of the game, and it was released with the lion share of its post-game content missing and having to be patched in at a later date. KH3 got away with it because its Disney window dressing stole the show and and the hype machine kept it rolling.

The only difference with FFXV was that it had to survive on its own plot and gameplay which made its rush job naked for all to see. But just like KH3 it had to do a post game "fix" that added everything that was expected and new stuff to make up for it.

Lex

Administrator
^I think that's a slight reach, KHIII was pretty much finished when it was released. FFXV had chunks of story missing from it's latter third and some bizarre pacing issues. I'm much more of a FF fanboy than a KH fanboy but having played both from start to finish at launch I can definitely say that - if we're comparing rushed stories - at least KHIII's didn't have gaps (though I find XV to have a more enjoyable story in concept).

Anyway, should I close this thread now? We can always move our KH vs. FFXV discussion to a more appropriate thread... yay? nay?

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
^I think that's a slight reach, KHIII was pretty much finished when it was released. FFXV had chunks of story missing from it's latter third and some bizarre pacing issues. I'm much more of a FF fanboy than a KH fanboy but having played both from start to finish at launch I can definitely say that - if we're comparing rushed stories - at least KHIII's didn't have gaps (though I find XV to have a more enjoyable story in concept).

Anyway, should I close this thread now? We can always move our KH vs. FFXV discussion to a more appropriate thread... yay? nay?

Well I'll just say that its sorta subjective cause to me, there are a few things in KH3's plot that are left either unexplained or vaguely hand-waved that could have used far more fleshing out than what was received. FFXV's threadbare initial release was far more apparent given the scarcity of content and unexplained plot points from Chapter 11 onward, but KH3's release upon closer scrutiny reveals there's some missing parts as well.

But yeah, I'll just leave it at that and it can be discussed elsewhere. Not sure if there's more to say here in terms of the leak since it appears the guy was lying after all :mon:

donkeyjack

Pro Adventurer
By what measure?

KH3's story was extremely rushed with its main core plot literally pushed all the way back to the end of the game, and it was released with the lion share of its post-game content missing and having to be patched in at a later date. KH3 got away with it because its Disney window dressing stole the show and and the hype machine kept it rolling.

The only difference with FFXV was that it had to survive on its own plot and gameplay which made its rush job naked for all to see. But just like KH3 it had to do a post game "fix" that added everything that was expected and new stuff to make up for it.

Gameplay.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
That's a good point, Tash (thinking of the RM in relation to XV, not so much in terms of actual gameplay/mechanics, but development and release). Hopefully, though, it'll be a descendant of the 'history' of XV in the sense that they learned from what went wrong there rather than repeating it, but, then again...it made a lot of money, didn't it? Companies only learn from the dollar.

Personally, they'll never learn their lesson when it comes to games. They're more focused on the graphics and money and not so much on character development(and voice acting including not letting the original actors know they're silently fired/replaced for newer guys), story and gameplay. I hate to say it, but I think FFVII Remake is gonna be another disaster.

Top Bottom