• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

smilies anyone?

sephirothpaine

Pro Adventurer
I don't like the smilies we currently have. Can we like add cuter or more graphic Smilies later once everything is settle?

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Sure, updating smilies is either a matter of installing a new smilie pack, or manually updating 'em one by one. If anyone has a smilie set he/she would like to see done, lemme know.

I'm not sure if we'd be allowed to use the old ACF smilies btw.

sephirothpaine

Pro Adventurer
[quote author=Cthulhu link=topic=138.msg2421#msg2421 date=1229508341]
I'm not sure if we'd be allowed to use the old ACF smilies btw.
[/quote]

Why not, they were kick @ss?

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
atss? wuts dat? :monster:

Naw, just remembering some dhrama where a disgruntled staff member from ACF left and demanded the smilies she (I think it was a she) made were taken off the site, threatening with copyright an' shit.

sephirothpaine

Pro Adventurer
[quote author=Cthulhu link=topic=138.msg2447#msg2447 date=1229525123]
Naw, just remembering some dhrama where a disgruntled staff member from ACF left and demanded the smilies she (I think it was a she) made were taken off the site, threatening with copyright an' shit.
[/quote]

Oh, Got to hate e-drama.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Well, are there any guidelines to follow? Such as, do you want them all to be a certain color?

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Would be neat if they'd all be in the same style and didn't jump out of the main theme's color scheme (i.e. bright yellow ones). The colors for ye olde AC smilies worked.

Also, they shouldn't be too large on average, the current ones are on the small side so they could be a bit larger.

sephirothpaine

Pro Adventurer
[quote author=haichinamie link=topic=138.msg2640#msg2640 date=1229630614]
Aerith, anyone?

No?

(...)
[/quote]

I really dislike the character smiles, maybe if they were a bit bigger than what ACF had them.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I remember those, they were pretty tiny though. I'd go for the plushie-sized ones, but I think they're too large - cookie monster's about the largest I'd go, and I'm referring to the smallest variant of that one :monster:.

Since the smilies discussed here will / should probably be used right in between posts, having oversized ones would break up the posts like :monster: already does, not to speak of the big variant of that. Although that one's mainly there for the lulz.

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
Some variation of blue?
I think even if they're not the same color, at least get them close enough. I think everyone is kind of in love with the cookie monster. That definitely stays. I keel you if you touch it.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Well I figured we could make a smaller version of the Cookie Monster like what ACF had so that if fit better and didn't break up the posts.

Or maybe we could have both so people could choose?

sephirothpaine

Pro Adventurer
[quote author=Tennyo link=topic=138.msg2796#msg2796 date=1229665969]
Or maybe we could have both so people could choose?
[/quote]

Hmmmmmm both would be best,imho.

Pixel

The Pixie King
hmmm i made some for acf... maybe i could remake those for here, and some new ones. I'll try to put together a base later. Kinda light turquois, lifestream coloured.

Pixel

The Pixie King
I really liked the style of the acf ones, so ended up with something similar *coughcompletelyrippedoffthestylecough* :monster:

TLS_blank.gif
TLS_smile.gif

I'll get to work on them if you're happy with the style

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I think they're cute. Might need a tiny bit more gradient, though. And I prefer wider mouths and shorter eyes.

We could always do pink:
Emote_with_Hands_by_tennyomelime.gif

lol Kidding. :)

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Looks fine to me, although I don't really care since I believe the only smilie anyone will ever need is :monster:.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Yeah I really don't know what I was thinking. I was thinking more contrast in the gradient but when I tried it myself it just didn't look right.

Also we need more than that! We need a glomp and a hug emote as well!

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
:massivemonster: and :duuuhard:, period.

Note to self: Replace massive monster smilie with one who fits the post thingy pervfectly.

sephirothpaine

Pro Adventurer
[quote author=Pixel link=topic=138.msg5440#msg5440 date=1230979486]
hmmm i made some for acf... maybe i could remake those for here, and some new ones. I'll try to put together a base later. Kinda light turquois, lifestream coloured.
[/quote]

That would be cool of you^_^ :neo:

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
[quote author=Cthulhu link=topic=138.msg5859#msg5859 date=1231106287]Note to self: Replace massive monster smilie with one who fits the post thingy pervfectly.
[/quote]How wide is it? I'll make one directly from the original vector image wicba.

Top Bottom