• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

So...how does Chadley appear in multiple places at once? [Chadley spoilers]

S and G

FFVII books and stuff
AKA
MJ Gallagher
chad.jpg

Hi everyone, it's been a while since I posted. I haven't seen this discussed anywhere, so thought I'd drop by and broach the subject here.

One of the things that crossed my mind during Remake was how Chadley could apparently be in two places at once. In chapter 14, he can be found in both Centre District AND Wall Market. I just chalked this up to game logic and thought no more about it,
even when he is revealed in the secret post-VR scene to be an android

In chapter 1 of INTERmission, though, he appears in Sector 7 before before (morning/noon) and after (evening) Yuffie's jaunt to the central pillar. Seeing as these events occur at the same time as Remake's chapter 8 - when Chadley appears in Sector 5 - it raises the question of whether or not
we are seeing multiple android bodies

What do you reckon?

Ah, you missed my theory. There isn't just one Chadley. There are multiple Chadleys, posted throughout Midgar. Possibly infinite Chadleys posted throughout the world. They share a single mind and are connected to each other via wifi, so what one knows, they all know, because they are all manifestations of the One Chadley who exists on a dedicated server somewhere in the Science Department.

Maybe they'll replace Cait Sith with Chadley. Imagine.

Last edited:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Yeah I generally assumed he was just moving through the city like we were and the occasions where he is literally rendered in multiple places at once was just a function of ~*~video games~*~

But with this game, who knows, lol. The revelation of his nature certainly allows for it, but is that to serve a plot purpose, or is it just another case of them bending over backwards to explain video game abstractions that don't need to be explained?

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
Firstly, welcome back Mo!

As for the topic at hand I kinda always assumed there were just numerous chadleys all kinda networked to one another which were helping him develop in real time.

We already know from Cait sith that shinra likes keeping backups on hand after all :P

S and G

FFVII books and stuff
AKA
MJ Gallagher
I just figured he does what we do and walks from one location to another. XD

How Occam's Razor of you.

Ah, you missed my theory. There isn't just one Chadley. There are multiple Chadleys, posted throughout Midgar. Possibly infinite Chadleys posted throughout the world. They share a single mind and are connected to each other via wifi, so what one knows, they all know, because they are all manifestations of the One Chadley who exists on a dedicated server somewhere in the Science Department.

Maybe they'll replace Cait Sith with Chadley. Imagine.

The same thing has crossed my mind. I like the idea a lot. Maybe not the Cait Sith bit - Chadley riding a big moogle fills me with fear.

So did they all get awkward woodys in Chapter 9? Just, like spontaneous woodys all around the world?

I take back what I said above. I wish I could go back to a time before I read Ite's suggestion.

Firstly, welcome back Mo!

As for the topic at hand I kinda always assumed there were just numerous chadleys all kinda networked to one another which were helping him develop in real time.

We already know from Cait sith that shinra likes keeping backups on hand after all :P

Hello! I'm glad to be back. If this is true, it begs the question of how it will impact on Cait Sith's role in the story, especially in the latter stages. There are many parallels there.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
See, I didn't put much thought on it since Chadley was shown to be stalking Cloud due to his crush interest in him.

But given he was simultaneously helping AVALANCHE HQ and Yuffie... While also keeping an eye on Cloud and Aerith... And even met Aerith.... I mean, I guess he could have walked back after meeting Aerith and Cloud but that's quite a distance.

I'm honestly not sure now. I'm sure the Ultimania Plus will mention it. :monster:

Suddenly, @LicoriceAllsorts and her theory isn't sounding so cracked anymore... Would be hilarious if there were Chadley twins.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
LOL I honestly don't know :monster:

I sorta doubt we'll see Chadley out of Midgar unless he decides to stalk us and set up outposts in various FFVII towns.

... I sorta want there to be more than one Chadley now, like a network. And he sorta becomes this game's recurring chain of android materia shops. Or maybe he'll tell Shinra to fuck off and join AVALANCHE HQ. But I dunno if Hojo would let him.

Part of me imagines it'd be hard for him to just abandon Shinra and I sorta just figured he'd not return but now I'm thinking I totally want him to, lolol

S and G

FFVII books and stuff
AKA
MJ Gallagher
When the temple of the ancients crushes Cait sith to death do you reckon we will see a slightly broken chadley climb out of its fuzzy corpse?

Except he has a metal skeleton like the Terminator.

I sorta doubt we'll see Chadley out of Midgar unless he decides to stalk us and set up outposts in various FFVII towns.

According the Material Ultimania, Chadley is loosely based on O'aka from FFX, so I reckon we're going to see him in some weird places.

Just casually hanging out beneath the zolom carcass.

Top Bottom