SPOILERS So let's say that [spoiler] was really alive...

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
They may be arbitrary, but could it be that the planet is just too weak to do more at the specific point in the future it's striking from? I don't know, that still sounds somewhat arbitrary, but all the players involved need limits of some kind to make for a compelling drama, so if we have to make due with an arbitrary limit or two, so be it.

Well, I would argue that it's less compelling than it used to be precisely because the creators have established that the Planet can have whatever powers the plot requires, and yet, when the plot requires it, the Planet is unable to draw on those powers.

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
I get the sense that we're going to see Zack going through hell this time. (Well, even more so than in Crisis Core.) Just imagine his reaction to seeing Cloud attacking Aerith and giving the black materia to Seph....or the Aerith death scene, assuming it happens. The biggest challenge is how to use him without overshadowing Cloud, I think.

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
Nice way would to have Zack following the aftermath of cloud and co like the pillar fall etc where they are painted as the big bad and then him trying to catch up accumulating with cloud beating the shit out of aerith at the temple of the ancients then him losing his shit and turning on cloud :P

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
Zack tracking Cloud and co without catching up until later is a good way to include him, I must say. I'd like him to have his own party members though, like Cissnei and Kunsel.

Reactions: Fiz

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
That is the very thing people have been debating for ages, haha. In fact you can see some of that discussion in this very thread! Honestly I have no idea what is going on with Zack, but at some point I do think he will somehow cross over to where Cloud and co are.

Thenir

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nirnaeth
That is the very thing people have been debating for ages, haha. In fact you can see some of that discussion in this very thread! Honestly I have no idea what is going on with Zack, but at some point I do think he will somehow cross over to where Cloud and co are.
Yeah, I'm rather new in this forum but I'm sure it has been discussed to death here too! Agree, I think as well the aim is to have him involved in the main story with Cloud. But still I can't quite see how they could coexist in the same universe/timeline/whatever as his survival automatically excludes the existence of SOLDIER-Cloud.
The power of fanservice?
I fear this more than anything else.

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
I feel like they really do want to go into an Avengers route where the whole compilation comes to a head in remake...and Zack fighting alongside Cloud seems way too big to resist.

KindOfBlue

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Blue
Yeah if this really is the end of the Compilation then it’s inevitable that there will be fanservice, whether or not that comes at the expense of the story is to be determined but given the amount of attention to detail in Remake, it seems they have a genuine vision for the story despite what some of those who responded negatively to it seem to believe

Last edited:
Top Bottom