Sony/Anonymous Nonsense & the PSN Outage ... also GeoHotz

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
All the bullshit they spew! I hate self-righteous brats who deem themselves worthy of judging everyone around them
Are you talking about the Spanish police? :oscar:

Untouchable.

they're just being arrogant now. Everyone's pissed at them, wants to find them, and they're deliberately antagonizing them. Normally when everyone wants to piss on you you lay low, not attract more attention to yourself.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Remember when hackers used to roller skate around the city hacking into payphones to slow down embezzling employees? Those were the days.

I love that movie.

Especially the gushing over the 28.8 modem.
The movie is good stupid fun.

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
In their Twitter they try to blackmail Bethesda into releasing more info about Skyrim, or they will release the database. (source)

It's either a tasteless joke or they are just that childish.

I think these guys should be judged as terrorists.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I can't recall the last time a peaceful demonstration actively cost people significant amounts of money...

Actually, peaceful (or less-than-peaceful demonstrations) are often accompanied by a significant police force and, resultingly, high cost.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Well I suppose :ultros:

But anyway, this puts them in a rather precarious position since they keep denying that they were the ones that stole information from PSN. Since the policia weren't especially clear for which attack they were arrested, and the the data-theft one got more press so that's what most people will assume. So this will likely just make Anonymous look more guilty.

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
Anonymous hacks the website of the Spanish police that made the arrests. Claiming that DDoS is peaceful protest and arresting them is akin to arresting someone for a peaceful sit-in. I can't recall the last time a peaceful demonstration actively cost people significant amounts of money...

Regardless, I feel like going after the police is less than advisable.

Posted it earlier :monster:

It doesn't end with the arrests:

Spanish Anonymous attack the Spanish Police webpage.

All the bullshit these Anonymous guys spew! I hate self-righteous brats who deem themselves worthy of judging everyone around them.

But keep it up, boys. I hope Companies sue you so hard that you have to be working to pay them forever.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
I was wondering why Escapist was down. :monster: Couldn't get on at all earlier and now I just get a 403 error.

So what's Lulz's 'justification' for these attacks? Just lulz?

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Even the morons who said all the hacking was justified have to be turning on them now, right?

I'm also surprised none of them have gone after Microsoft yet. I'm sure its not easy, but you'd think they'd embrace the challenge, lol.
But Minecraft? Really? And Eve? Only the nerdiest of the nerds play Eve, why would they interfere with them?

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
Apparently they're taking requests from Twitter. And I don't think they could take Microsoft, honestly.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
At least they don't discriminate, :monster:.

Then again, the fact they haven't been going after Microsoft yet...

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
When referring to hacking Microsoft, are you talking about Xbox Live, Microsoft.com, MSN? There're a lot of different Microsoft properties, and they're all fairly different.

(I work for them through a vendor company, so if it does happen, I can only assume that I'll hear a shitton about it). :awesomonster:

X :neo:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
None in particular. I guess Live would be the most consistent with this video game company pattern. But anything relating to them, really.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
That video was actually pretty good. lol

Even the morons who said all the hacking was justified have to be turning on them now, right?

I'm also surprised none of them have gone after Microsoft yet. I'm sure its not easy, but you'd think they'd embrace the challenge, lol.
But Minecraft? Really? And Eve? Only the nerdiest of the nerds play Eve, why would they interfere with them?

Apparently they're taking requests from Twitter. And I don't think they could take Microsoft, honestly.

Forget all that. I'm surprised they haven't gone after World of Warcraft yet.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
"Oh, but we're not going to release people's accounts, because we like Bethesda despite the fact that we just hacked their site and stole a whole bunch of important shit that doesn't belong to us (tautology :monster:)"

Their PR only makes them look like absolute wankers, especially after their indiscriminate targeting for being butthurt about the most fucking banal things on the Internet

Top Bottom