• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Sony's Spider-Man: Now a Part of the MCU; And Now Not Again; And Now Is Again

Ghost X

Just seen Far From Home. It's really good, but I may be biased towards the subject matter. Better than your average Marvel film.

Very topical in relation to the whole "post-truth" era. Not even overtly preachy about it either, which is also good writing. Movies being used as vehicles to teach critical thinking and media literacy is a great idea, and should happen more often, especially in this day and age. I loved all the twists and illusions in illusions, keeping you guessing, etc.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
This was good!

Been replaying Spider-Man on PS4 with the Far From Home outfit in anticipation of this :P

Soooo.

The Mysterio illusion bits were cool visually.
I lol'd at the one guy being the scientist who got yelled at by Obediah Stane in the first Iron Man ("WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS!"). Was it actually the same actor though? I need to rewatch that.

Pete and MJ were cute. Not quite as much as Pete and Gwen in the TASM movies though :P

And finally seeing Spidey swinging through Manhattan at the end was great! There wasn't really any of that yet in the MCU.
Gonna be interesting to see where they go with Spidey's secret identity not being secret anymore. Also being framed and such.

And uh.

*takes deep breath* THEY GOT JK SIMMONS BACK AS JJJ, WTF!!!!!
I had a stupid grin on my face at that part, so awesome they recognize you don't mess with perfection =P

And then the real Nick Fury chilling on a Skrull spaceship. I got a kick out of somebody yelling "Tahiti!" when they saw him at that beach. Agents of SHIELD fans unite! There are dozens of us!

Animexcel

Pro Adventurer
This was good!

Been replaying Spider-Man on PS4 with the Far From Home outfit in anticipation of this :P

Soooo.

The Mysterio illusion bits were cool visually.
I lol'd at the one guy being the scientist who got yelled at by Obediah Stane in the first Iron Man ("WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS!"). Was it actually the same actor though? I need to rewatch that.

Pete and MJ were cute. Not quite as much as Pete and Gwen in the TASM movies though :P

And finally seeing Spidey swinging through Manhattan at the end was great! There wasn't really any of that yet in the MCU.
Gonna be interesting to see where they go with Spidey's secret identity not being secret anymore. Also being framed and such.

And uh.

*takes deep breath* THEY GOT JK SIMMONS BACK AS JJJ, WTF!!!!!
I had a stupid grin on my face at that part, so awesome they recognize you don't mess with perfection =P

And then the real Nick Fury chilling on a Skrull spaceship. I got a kick out of somebody yelling "Tahiti!" when they saw him at that beach. Agents of SHIELD fans unite! There are dozens of us!

Yes, he's the same actor and he played Ralphie from A Christmas Story :) "I'm sorry, but I'm not Tony Stark."
I think the dynamic between the characters are different, which I like. I wonder when Peter started crushing on MJ though after Homecoming. The Ned and Betty scenes were pretty funny. I loved the ending swing as well :D I unfortunately had the JK Simmons reprise spoiled by a YouTube comment. Was nice to see him back though!

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Saw the movie last Wednesday, I really enjoyed it but I thought Homecoming was better.

Jake Gyllenhaal's performance was fantastic however seriously? Another villain whose backstory is tied to Tony? Come the fuck on Marvel this is the fifth one now. Is completely ridiculous, come up with something new already.

That's still a thing right? Because interestingly Talos and Soren never find that part to be ridiculous so maybe there's proof of the multiverse existing out there already.

Holy shit both post credit scenes being relevant. J.K. Simmons is back (YEAH BITCHES!), reveals Peter's identity, Fury and Maria where Talos and Soren the whole time, Fury's building some space station with the skrulls

tumblr_inline_pfp352ORsk1r4hkfd_250.png

Can I just say to Disney and Marvel fuck you, stop exploiting queerness for brownie points and promotion. Don't spend the lead up to your movie pretending you have this important queer character when most people can see through your farce and surprise they were a glorified extra. Is way past time for you two to be giving actual representation in your movies from major characters. Stop padding yourself in the back for your continuous minimal effort, is embarrassing and insulting.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Neh, not a huge lost, the best Spider-Man movies (Raimi's SP1, 2 and Spider-Verse) were not from the MCU anyways.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
TBH... I'm not really all that bothered about this.

Don't get me wrong – I love what they've been doing with the MCU Spidey films, and there things that I'd love to see them explore, but this very much feels like Disney bullying Sony after they just purchased Fox. On top of that, the Fox merger was great for the MCU, but a shitton of other cool projects that Fox had in the works got iced as a result of them playing it safe and trying to risk less monetarily. That gives Disney EXTRA reason to be especially bullying with the monetary end of their contract around Spider-Man and it shows.

Honestly, Far From Home also introduced the idea of the Multi-Verse, the ending left Peter in a really complicated place, and having him get Spider-Versed is something that would happen really naturally, and he'd be an excellent visually Iron-Spider version of the character to fit into the mix of the other characters if Sony wanted to go that direction and keep Tom Holland distinct from the other Peter Parker(s) depending on how they play things out.

Like, there's a LOT you can do with Peter in his own playground that Sony has for him, and while missing out on whatever's happening next in the MCU is painful, if it keeps the films interesting and stands up against dickish mega-corporation hyper-monopolization bullying tactics then I think that there's really only one side of that fight that Spider-Man SHOULD be on – the little guy protecting those closest to him.

X :neo:

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
I'm okay with Spider-Man 3 making no stronger references to the greater MCU then the Netflix shows did in their day, and not making any cameos in Phase 4 but never coming back? That's rough.

Top Bottom