• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Soul Calibur VI

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
After watching Max's reaction to the Azwel reveal trailer, I've found the best description for Azwel – Shang Tsung & Mr. Sinister had a child, who fused with Necrid.

In the second half of the trailer, you can see Azwel starting to gain something VERY closely resembling Necrid's chest portal, spiky arms, and he's already got the warping weapon usage, which would make sense if Azwel's character is connected to the dimension where Soul Edge's spirit resided (which is what caused Necrid's physical mutations in his backstory). It'll be interesting to see if we get any nod about Necrid as a result, or if Azwel will just exist as a flat-out replacement for him. As someone who was never really bothered by Necrid back in the day, I think it is a pretty cool way of saving the neat things about his character, while eschewing the designs and lack of personality that people generally disliked about him from Soul Calibur II.

Also, it really reinforces the sense that this is basically a new version of that SCII with only a couple of characters from later in the series.

I'm definitely at the point where I'm happy to support companies' DLC if they do well to expand and maintain their base game. It's also why I'm basically never annoyed that GotY versions with all the DLC included come cheaper, because if they're worth supporting initially to get to the point that they can make all that cool stuff, the people who might've been prevented from affording that still get access to that at a price that's more affordable, and the developers still get all of that money, rather than it being siphoned off by used game stores, so it's a win all around.

X :neo:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X

(Man, changing over to XF from vB really makes me aware of how much information I source off of Twitter these days). :awesomonster:

Anyhows, this is a aeally solid FAQ with answers to ALL THE THINGS revealed so far, and cites specific sources for all the information as well. The fact that the SCVI Producer Motohiro Okubo retweeted this speaks really well of the content that's in it. Also, it confirms that Tira is just like any DLC character tied to a Season Pass, but just has the added bonus of being available at launch. Even if you just get the base game and then go for the Season Pass later on, you'll get her like normal, so that there's nothing pre-order bonus-y about her. (Price of the Season Pass is still unannounced, but I'd bet we know by TGS, since it'll be a month before the release date then).

X :neo:

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
I honestly believe that the whole Pre-Order Bonus Exclusivity gimmick was invented by GameStop as a way of angling for monies.

Under normal circumstances Amazon would never employ it, nor would other game stores.

And since Gamestop is slowly going under, I doubt that gimmick will last... and I think game companies know this.

Bamco has made enough mistakes in the past to know people hate that exclusive crap.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Even if it was, I have my heavy doubts on his knowledge.

Back on topic: Soul Calibur VI Preorder is ready on Steam. I just bought the Deluxe version with Season pass for $95.03 plus tax.

I figure, the more characters in the roster, the more "Soul of" custom characters I can make.
Steam 10_4_2018 1_41_05 PM.png

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Just a couple things:

---Gouki's voice is a Ruffian in character creator.
---Xianghua has the same voice as Elphelt Valentine.
---Gr0h is obviously Cloud Strife
---Edge Master is Garland/Waldstein
---Siegfried/Nightmare is Link from Legend of Zelda

Man, I can't wait for some Steam voice mods...

Oh, and one more thing:
Easy SP farming method:
Unlock Inferno, beat Hard Mode and unlock Legendary Arcade Mode, then spam these two moves:
Forward B+B, and Forward+A+B,B

You'll get some miracle parries a few times, but overall you should be able to win on hardest difficulty with Inferno and get some Soul Points for unlocking stuff.

Last edited:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

That background music!

In other news, I was messing around with the character creator to try some Final Fantasy characters today.

First I attempted Tifa, but couldn't get any good clothing setups. So then I tried for Aerith, she turned out...okay.
44932460_10106799685023583_7893110778545307648_o.jpg

Cid similarly came out "okay" because he's fairly straightforward:
44881115_10106799687049523_6835653194199072768_o.jpg

Same verdict on Auron, though I was proud of that booze jug
44883285_10106799751909543_4751235385684656128_o.jpg

But it occurred to me that the skirt I had used for Aerith would probably fit Yuna better, and this is the one I'm actually proud of. She came out really well:
44816830_10106800018350593_650635808167952384_o.jpg

The character creator in this game is super addicting.

Last edited:

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
I prefer more original characters rather than game character look-alikes. That's just me.

As for 2B's announcement though, it should be interesting. I never played Nier games yet, but I heard good stuff.

GameFAQs and Steam communities are a bunch of whiners though... if we get characters like KOS-MOS and Ashlotte (Darth Vader even... sheesh) in a SC game, anything goes I think.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade

Just as a side note, if you ever do unlock Legendary Souls mode, you can set the game to that difficulty in Versus and have the CPU fight itself... it's quite a treat if you lack skill.

Top Bottom