[Spoilers] Material Ultimania Plus discussion

jeangl123

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Jean
Ok, so it is absolutely clear to you that the staff comment about Sephiroth’s wing is represented by only the colorful nebula….? And not by the red-one that looks like Jenova’s silhouette? Or maybe both? It still isn’t clear to me, and the arrows are a little ambiguous….

As @The Twilight Mexican stated, I wonder if they are referring to both?

Bless you. I wonder… would you say that so far, Sephiroth is conveying a sense of omnipotent indifference to the fate of humanity and souls in the Lifestream? Hence Aeirth’s speech at the end of the game… “the voices of the planet… their voices roll off his back… he can’t hear them…”
Well yeah because the staff comment is pointing directly to the colorful one. You're looking at the wrong arrows. The staff comment is in a lighter green bubble that is pointing to the colorful nebula.

TurquoiseHammer

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Ultimasamune
Bless you. I wonder… would you say that so far, Sephiroth is conveying a sense of omnipotent indifference to the fate of humanity and souls in the Lifestream? Hence Aeirth’s speech at the end of the game… “the voices of the planet… their voices roll off his back… he can’t hear them…”
I really couldn't say anything yet with certainty. I think there's intentional ambiguity about whether he's converted to a more righteous cause or whether he's still trying to achieve his original evil objective. I don't have a particular hardline stance either way, though you can find people who do.

ultima786

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ultima
I really couldn't say anything yet with certainty. I think there's intentional ambiguity about whether he's converted to a more righteous cause or whether he's still trying to achieve his original evil objective. I don't have a particular hardline stance either way, though you can find people who do.
Either way you spin it, seems fairly obvious Sephiroth isn’t a good dude. I only see two possibilities, is he using people or is he destroying people?

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I'm not certain what conclusion you were wanting to get across, so I apologize if this is unnecessary, but we can at least be certain that the original continuity's Sephiroth very much hated humans (Cloud most of all), and desired not only their deaths, but their suffering as well. Case of Lifestream Black tells us:

"The man hid himself within the life on the planet and traveled around the world, branding even more people with his stigma. On the surface there were many people who no longer had their normal lives, and at the man’s temptation the dark parts of their hearts grew even larger.

Soon the man thought to himself; I want Cloud to know this is my doing. I want the humans to know this is my doing."

So if Seph really has become indifferent to the humans, that's quite a departure. At any rate, he still seems hung up on Cloud to one extent or another.

ultima786

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ultima
I'm not certain what conclusion you were wanting to get across, so I apologize if this is unnecessary, but we can at least be certain that the original continuity's Sephiroth very much hated humans (Cloud most of all), and desired not only their deaths, but their suffering as well. Case of Lifestream Black tells us:

"The man hid himself within the life on the planet and traveled around the world, branding even more people with his stigma. On the surface there were many people who no longer had their normal lives, and at the man’s temptation the dark parts of their hearts grew even larger.

Soon the man thought to himself; I want Cloud to know this is my doing. I want the humans to know this is my doing."

So if Seph really has become indifferent to the humans, that's quite a departure. At any rate, he still seems hung up on Cloud to one extent or another.
Hmmm, interesting.

Top Bottom