• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Square Enix Fails To Anticipate Final Fantasy VII Remake Demand

jelly

Pro Adventurer
I still think she sounds husky. ^_^ It's more apparent when she's not doing Tifa.

I think Breathy is a good choice too.

Anyway, what was I trying to say before I got conveniently enlightened of semantics.. Oh yeah, I like Ito better as Tifa.

jelly

Pro Adventurer
What the fook

You do that, but it's hardly an opinion that her voice ain't husky. Her voice is neither rough, hoarse, or deep.

That chick big chick from Rune Soldier Louie, now that is a husky voice(referring to JPN actor).

Um, alright.

Kobato

Pro Adventurer
Eww, don't want a remake. Don't want SE to add in new things that was brought in by that stupid compilation.The original game that we grew up with could be lost within history, just because SE wants to please a group of twelve year old graphics whores, who believe that Cloud is emo, had a secret gay relationship with Zack and like the idea of Vincent being a pedophile with Shelke and Yuffie.." >_>

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Eww, don't want a remake. Don't want SE to add in new things that was brought in by that stupid compilation.The original game that we grew up with could be lost within history, just because SE wants to please a group of twelve year old graphics whores, who believe that Cloud is emo, had a secret gay relationship with Zack and like the idea of Vincent being a pedophile with Shelke and Yuffie.." >_>

I was with you until the bolded part... now I think we aren't going to get along :(

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
Reading this whole discussion about the VAs, I suddenly feel quite fortunate because, English or Japanese, I'll have to read the subtittles anyway :monster:

Sorry, I want a remake, but I don't fit your description, I'm quite the contrary to what you said :awesome:

Aaaand, are the things of the Compilation enough to make a whole new game, that seems so radically different from the original story that it will look as a brand new installment? I don't think so, but you are free to correct me :monster:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I've liked the game since I played it in 1998, and I'd like a good remake.

FUCK THE SYSTEM

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I thought Rachel was terrible too. I prefer to watch the sub because I can stand listening to a mediocre japanese version, but if I can't stand something in english it drives me batty.

I know not everything can have as stellar dubs as FMA and GITS, but come the fuck on.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
No Rachel was definitely better. Ito doesn't sound nearly strong enough, imo. Far too "screechy Japanese voice" for my tastes (for Tifa at least). Rachel did a good job of making Tifa sound like a fairly normal strong woman.

Ito gets points for being hot. Though Rachel's no slouch in that department either :monster:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
No Rachel was definitely better. Ito doesn't sound nearly strong enough, imo. Far too "screechy Japanese voice" for my tastes (for Tifa at least). Rachel did a good job of making Tifa sound like a fairly normal strong woman.

Ito gets points for being hot. Though Rachel's no slouch in that department either :monster:
Rachel did a good job of making Tifa sound like a closet retard. Being "better" than Ito isn't saying much at all. As far as sounding "strong" goes, she came off as generic young white girl #480 to me.

Raquelborn

"I slice your ass in 4."
AKA
Raq, Raquel.
I agree more with Dacon here. At least Ito always had the right tone and emotion in her voice whatever the scene was.

For example Rachel sounded almost "wtf" when Denzel talks to her on the phone in the added scene, and her anger sounded forced and flat when she was meant to be kicking Cloud's rear in gear before fighting Kadaj.

But hey, that's dubbing for you. (I don't see why GITS got way better VAs than FFVII. Each are as well-known as each other, aren't they?)

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Red sounds too soft to me.
Oh, don’t get me started. I mean, seriously. One lousy line and they still manage to go WTF with the voice. Even before FFX came out, I imagined Nanaki sounding like Kimhari(sp?) (but less Hulk speak).

OK, we get it SE - Nanaki is young for his species, but still. Pity is, Liam O’Brian could have done it brilliantly. I mean, Ukitake in BLEACH? That would work just as well for Nanaki.
Cait Sith can suck it, I know he's based on a creature from Scottish/Irish folklore but ffs, that accent is atrocious on him.
Aww, c’mon! If it wasn’t for the accent, I would have hated having Cait hanging around all the time through DC. :D

Still, both he and Cloud seemed like they'd be more... informal, mid-West American in the original game.

As for Sephiroth with a British voice... David Bowie. Or possibly Paterson Joseph. Seriously. Just listen to this clip - he’s the second male speaker (the one without the Scots accent). But you should watch it, too, as his character has an awesome coat. :monster: The Marquis de Carabas

I also felt I should possibly stick up for Ms. Cook, but I then remembered I had told someone that I liked Tifa's new English VA in KHII much better than her AC one. So, yeah.

...Ah, this might just be me being an old fogey, but I feel like the series (that is, Final Fantasy as a whole, not just VII) has gotten worse since the introduction of voice actors. The scripts seem a lot lazier. I mean, the wittiest parts of the scripts seem to be the shout-outs to - if not direct quotes of - previous games.

Top Bottom