Stagnant Lifestream

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
[quote author=Suzaku link=topic=17.msg1985#msg1985 date=1229237185]Stagnant Lifestream is part of the natural life cycle of a Planet, and is comprised of Lifestream that is impure and has been seperated from the currents of the Planet. These impurities can include a variety of things, including extra-terrestrial substances that have entered the Lifestream, which means that, more or less.
[/quote]

I've heard you say this before, but you've never cited a source. Could you do so, please?

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
It's more or less what's said in the Omega Reports.

Omega Report Six: Impurities said:
Impurities in the Lifestream

The spring that Dr. Valentine discovered is amazing! I am certain that it is some sort of reservoir for the "terra corrupt" mentioned on the Cetra tablet.

The doctor believes the crystalline spring contains contaminated deposits of bioplasma that have overflown from the pure Lifestream. In fact, all of our readings indicate a strange type of energy radiating from the site. Could this grotto be the location where the legendary Chaos is destined to be born?

So stagnant lifestream is impure "bioplasma" that has overflown from the pure Lifestream. It's separated from the currents of the planet somehow and makes its way to the Spring of Chaos. And apparently occurs naturally so Chaos can be born from it.

As for what the exact nature of the impurities are, thats what is kinda a mystery. I think Suzaku is guessing it could include extra-terrestrial substances that enter the lifestream.

Dumb Apple

Soul Wrought of Terra Corrupt
AKA
Geostigma, Omega Gist
[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=17.msg5235#msg5235 date=1230851794]
I think Suzaku is guessing it could include extra-terrestrial substances that enter the lifestream.
[/quote]

Read: Jenova?

It makes sense; if the Planet is a living entity, or at least, something with a life cycle. It's the Planet's equivalent to an immune system.

xD And sort of like global warning, Deepground messed up a natural process to the extreme.

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
[quote author=Dumb Apple link=topic=17.msg5284#msg5284 date=1230885852]
[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=17.msg5235#msg5235 date=1230851794]
I think Suzaku is guessing it could include extra-terrestrial substances that enter the lifestream.
[/quote]

Read: Jenova?[/quote]

That would be the case with the Negative Lifestream, yes.

As for the Stagnant Lifestream, i'm thinking more in small meteorites and such.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Or maybe those impurities are from those snot nosed kids in Mideel pissing in the Lifestream :monster:

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=17.msg5335#msg5335 date=1230927522]
Or maybe those impurities are from those snot nosed kids in Mideel piss in the Lifestream :monster:
[/quote]

Only from their piss? :monster:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Hell, anything that's not supposed to be in the lifestream's an impurity!

But seriously, with the whole destruction of Mideel, there's countless garbage, debris and what not that got washed into the Lifestream. It's gotta go somewhere.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
So Chaos gets his power from an energy that was born out of garbage, piss and turds within the Lifestream? :duhard:
Gross.
Nice recycling though. :duhard:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Yeah I don't think Lifestream is that easily tainted. I mean it's under the surface and frequently breaks through it, so I'm sure it's got all kinds of dirt and animal feces in it. I always figured tainted referred to something malicious in it. Like, say, what Geostigma's dead leave behind.

But is stagnant lifestream equivalent to tainted?

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I always figured that the Lifestream was tainted by the negative emotions and thoughts of the people that died in horrible ways or were just vile people.

But I dunno, it's just a thought.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
[quote author=Dacon link=topic=17.msg5412#msg5412 date=1230964033]
I always figured that the Lifestream was tainted by the negative emotions and thoughts of the people that died in horrible ways or were just vile people.

[/quote]

No really, it's just piss in the stream. :duhard:

Ravynne Nevyrmore

that one Lucrecia fangirl
AKA
Ravynne

No really, it's just piss in the stream.
Lolowned.

But if the Lifestream is the Planet's immune system then it does stand to reason that "extra-terrestials" in the conventional sense (i.e., aliens; i.e., Jenova) would also be rejected by it. A fever will attempt to burn out a virus or infection; the stomach will vomit what it cannot digest. Even a fetus can be rejected by a woman's body for being a foreign entity and, aside from eating, that's the most natural "invasion" of a human body that there is.

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
[quote author=Ravynne link=topic=17.msg7334#msg7334 date=1231695811]
Lolowned.

But if the Lifestream is the Planet's immune system then it does stand to reason that "extra-terrestials" in the conventional sense (i.e., aliens; i.e., Jenova) would also be rejected by it. A fever will attempt to burn out a virus or infection; the stomach will vomit what it cannot digest. Even a fetus can be rejected by a woman's body for being a foreign entity and, aside from eating, that's the most natural "invasion" of a human body that there is.
[/quote]

Maybe the Lifestream cannot reject or eliminate some impurities, the same way the human body cannot reject some viruses.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
[quote author=Dacon link=topic=17.msg5412#msg5412 date=1230964033]

[/quote]

I had a similar thought, myself. Souls that could not rest, and become part of the cycle, turned black and corrupted. Since FFVII's universe is linked with FFX (which personified this with Fiends), I don't think it's a bad theory.

Ravynne Nevyrmore

that one Lucrecia fangirl
AKA
Ravynne
Dark and Divine said:
Maybe the Lifestream cannot reject or eliminate some impurities, the same way the human body cannot reject some viruses.
But since the Lifestream has, in a sense, rejected Jenova, or at least that there is no evidence that it has not, what would be the purpose in supposing this?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
The lifestream didn't start rejecting Jenova until Sephiroth's will was crushed and Aerith's purifying rain from the lifestream destroyed the cells.

The will of Sephiroth and tenacity of the cells was too great for the planet to overcome.

Neo Bahamut

Omnipotent Jackass
AKA
Lithp, Unholy Quadralateral
The novellas pertaining to the lifestream maintain that people don't diffuse properly when tained by Jenova, or when they experience strong negative emotions that they refuse to let go of, with a strong likelihood that the former reason merely causes the latter.

This is most likely stagnant Lifestream.

Why is that bad?

From what we know of Sephiroth's "negative Lifestream," it rots away the good Lifestream. So it has to be isolated. Unfortunately, when it accumulates, we get mother fucking Chaos.

It's a vicious cycle.

G Substance, however, is NOT a fan term. It appears in the G Reports. Most likely, it is intentionally erroneous, as the Reports are written from the perspective of a researcher with limited data.

The gene splicing idea makes the most sense as to why the Tsviets don't take on Genesis's appearance or degrade, as well as why their powers are the way they are.

What perplexes me is that the other DG Soldiers are said to NOT have ANY of Genesis's cells in them, yet they clearly undergo a process of degredation.

I also noted that Shelke looks a bit like Genesis. However, flashbacks indicate her looking that way naturally, so if she experienced any form of the copy phenomenon, it would be impossible to tell, without it being specified. So, as such, Occam's Razor says that the interpretation that she didn't is preferable.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
From what we know of Sephiroth's "negative Lifestream," it rots away the good Lifestream. So it has to be isolated. Unfortunately, when it accumulates, we get mother fucking Chaos.

No, Sephiroth's negative lifestream and the stagnant stream are two different things, the latter one being caused by natural occurences and the former one created through the people who died of the stigma and it's controlled by Sephiroth. Chaos will not be created through Sephiroth's Negastream.

G Substance, however, is NOT a fan term. It appears in the G Reports.

Yes it is a fan term, and no it doesn't.

Neo Bahamut

Omnipotent Jackass
AKA
Lithp, Unholy Quadralateral
No, Sephiroth's negative lifestream and the stagnant stream are two different things, the latter one being caused by natural occurences and the former one created through the people who died of the stigma and it's controlled by Sephiroth. Chaos will not be created through Sephiroth's Negastream.

Did I say they were the exact same thing? Or that it would form Chaos?

Yes it is a fan term, and no it doesn't.

Alright, then, explain where the term "G Substance" comes from, if it's not mentioned somewhere in Dirge?

There is no sensible origin. Any parallel you could draw between Genesis & the stagnant mako would be tenuous, at best.

Either it came from the G Reports, the Omega Reports, or the WRO members aboard the Shera. Regardless, it was in the game.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Alright, then, explain where the term "G Substance" comes from, if it's not mentioned somewhere in Dirge?
Fans making stuff up/getting things wrong?

I've played the Japanese version, spoken to all the NPCs and got all the reports, and there was no term like that in the game. This term came about before the English release IIRC, so it didn't come from there either.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Did I say they were the exact same thing? Or that it would form Chaos?

This? :huh:

Same place people got the names for Cloud's swords from. Out of their arse. :wackymonster:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Wtf, "G-Substance" was never in the game, go play it yourself, if you don't believe us. It's a fake, fan made term.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog

There is no sensible origin. Any parallel you could draw between Genesis & the stagnant mako would be tenuous, at best.

Either it came from the G Reports, the Omega Reports, or the WRO members aboard the Shera. Regardless, it was in the game.

Or it was made up and not in any game anywhere?

Top Bottom