Stagnant Lifestream

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I still remember the whole "G-Substance" thing from ACF, and if I'm not forgetting anything, no one ever managed to bring up something to back it up :monster:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I can tell you the exact post that brought that term into existence.

It was a post by some newfag who apparently had played the Japanese version of the game. They weren't Japanese...they were Asian though. I think either Chinese or Korean. And they didn't fully grasp the plot but everyone was eating out of their ass because it was the first real look at the game plot, and they described a lot of the action wrong, calling Nero Vincent's brother, Genesis Vincent's father, and a bunch of other retardation that was just ass backwards and hilarious.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
The closer to the Japanese release, the more likely information is going to be full of shit. As is my theory :monster: (I once read something talking about FFXII ending
with Vaan leaving Panelo as he rides off in a one-man airship. Not only did that fail dialogue comprehension [Panelo herself saying she's going with him], but it also failed being able to actually see that there was another seat right there next to Vaan.
)

Also, a bunch of other bullshit about stuff I don't even remember now :monster:

Neo Bahamut

Omnipotent Jackass
AKA
Lithp, Unholy Quadralateral
Neo Bahamut wrote:Did I say they were the exact same thing? Or that it would form Chaos?​
From what we know of Sephiroth's "negative Lifestream," it rots away the good Lifestream. So it has to be isolated. Unfortunately, when it accumulates, we get mother fucking Chaos.​
This? :huh:
Alright, I didn't want to jump right to this, but dude, work on your reading Comprehension.

The subject never changed from Tainted Mako. "From what we know of..." explains something ABOUT the tainted mako. The subject, & therefore what all of the pronouns are referring to...is tainted mako.

Why I drew the comparison is thus: The only demonstratable difference between the 2 is that "negative Lifestream" contains Jenova Cells. Without those, theoretically, it would behave the same way.

And I'm not arguing whether or not G Substance is a fan made term. It's completely irrelevent, & I'm not revisiting the game to talk to dozens of NPCs. I'm not seeing anything to convince me that it is, so I see no reason to dig up a quote.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Alright, I didn't want to jump right to this, but dude, work on your reading Comprehension.

Maybe you work on how you word your sentences? :awesome:

Also, the negative lifestream actually doesn't contain J-cells since biological matter doesn't get into the lifestream when people die. There were J-cells in the stream from what actually fell into it in the crater and stuff and that caused the stigma, as we all know, but when people die of the stigma, only spiritual energy gets back into the stream. This time, it's tainted however.

J-cells are not what makes stagnant and negative lifestream different from each other.

Neo Bahamut

Omnipotent Jackass
AKA
Maybe you work on how you word your sentences? :awesome:

Nope. As I pointed out, the subject was uniform. When someone says, "When did I say that?" It's a good hint that you might want to re-read before you quote.

Again, not trying to be a douchebag. Although probably succeeding at it, regardless.

Also, the negative lifestream actually doesn't contain J-cells since biological matter doesn't get into the lifestream when people die. There were J-cells in the stream from what actually fell into it in the crater and stuff and that caused the stigma, as we all know, but when people die of the stigma, only spiritual energy gets back into the stream. This time, it's tainted however.

I could go one route, but it involves a lot of metaphysical shit I don't want to argue.

Instead, how about this: Whatever the reason, Sephiroth controls it. Because of that, it won't compile normally. That's what makes it distinct from naturally tainted mako. T

J-cells are not what makes stagnant and negative lifestream different from each other.

Regardless, they seem to behave much the same way, except that Sephiroth controls negative Lifestream, but not tainted Lifestream.

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
Regardless, they seem to behave much the same way, except that Sephiroth controls negative Lifestream, but not tainted Lifestream.

There are a few more differences between them.

Stagnant Lifestream is spirit energy that became, er...stagnant and separates from the pure Lifestream. It's a natural process in the cycle and after being separated, it doesn't intervene with the normal Lifestream anymore.

The Negative Lifestream, however, it's normal spirit energy that was corrupted and taken away from the normal cycle, being an unnatural event. But while the Stagnant lifestream doesn't interfere with the normal Lifestream, the Negative Lifestream was corrupting the normal Lifestream and subjecting it to Sephiroth's will.

So basically, the Stgnant Lifestream doesn't intervene directly with the normal cycle, while the Negative Lifestream does.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
And I'm not arguing whether or not G Substance is a fan made term. It's completely irrelevent, & I'm not revisiting the game to talk to dozens of NPCs. I'm not seeing anything to convince me that it is, so I see no reason to dig up a quote.
What would convince you that it is, exactly?

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
I'm not seeing anything to convince me that it is, so I see no reason to dig up a quote.

But that's not how it works. You need to convince people it's anything other than a fan term. I replayed DoC recently and no such phrase was uttered.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Howabout an analogy?

Stagnant Lifestream is like standing water. Standing water doesn't flow and allows for the breeding of creatures like mosquitoes. Stagnant Lifestream doesn't flow and allows for Chaos.

Negative Lifestream would be like directly corrupted water, as though "somebody poisoned the water hole!"

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
Howabout an analogy?

Stagnant Lifestream is like standing water. Standing water doesn't flow and allows for the breeding of creatures like mosquitoes. Stagnant Lifestream doesn't flow and allows for Chaos.

Negative Lifestream would be like directly corrupted water, as though "somebody poisoned the water hole!"

Nice analogy! :monster:

Neo Bahamut

Omnipotent Jackass
AKA
Ryu: No, that isn't how it works. I'm not obliged to prove anything. And, if we want to go the route of the burden of proof, you'd have to prove that it IS a fan term.

Hito: Something definite would certainly be a great start. "Some weeabo posted somewhere" doesn't tell me shit.

About the 2 Lifestreams: They're both removed from the circle by their memories. Maiden Who Travels the Planet talks about Dyne & President Shinra (who both had no Jenova cells) being separated from the cycle much the same way Lifestream Black talks about deceased Geostigma victims being separated from it.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
....We just proved it to you, what the fuck are you talking about?

Read the damn script yourself. They're all over the net. DC's script is right on gamefaqs.

http://www.livejournal.com/tools/memories.bml?user=souya&keyword=Dirge+of+Cerberus&filter=own

Here's the original Japanese script.

It's not in there. There is no fucking such term. Stop being obtuse. Several people who have played the game, and people who have played it in Japanese are telling you that G-Substance isn't a real term.

Where are you getting the proof that it must exist? It's fake.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Ryu: No, that isn't how it works. I'm not obliged to prove anything. And, if we want to go the route of the burden of proof, you'd have to prove that it IS a fan term.

NO SHIFTING THE FUCKING BURDEN OF PROOF, BITCH.
YOU claimed it was a legitimate term in the game. YOU claimed it was in the fucking script.
YOU suffer the burden of fucking proof to show it's IN THERE.

Hito: Something definite would certainly be a great start. "Some weeabo posted somewhere" doesn't tell me shit.

Tells us more than your 'It's legit, I swearz!'

About the 2 Lifestreams: They're both removed from the circle by their memories. Maiden Who Travels the Planet talks about Dyne & President Shinra (who both had no Jenova cells) being separated from the cycle much the same way Lifestream Black talks about deceased Geostigma victims being separated from it.

...Neither of those refers to the stagnant lifestream used in the formation of Chaos.

And one is acanon.

Also, to the 'standing water analogy, why go at analogy, standing water IS Stagnant. It's non flowing water, not able to flow.

Neo Bahamut

Omnipotent Jackass
AKA
NO SHIFTING THE FUCKING BURDEN OF PROOF, BITCH.

Learn how the burden of proof works, asshole. Anyone making an assertion is subject to it.

And, in case you haven't noticed, you're ALL making the assertion that it's a fan term!

YOU claimed it was a legitimate term in the game. YOU claimed it was in the fucking script.
YOU suffer the burden of fucking proof to show it's IN THERE.

I'm not looking at/up anything, if you're all going to throw tantrums at me. Fuck that noise.

Tells us more than your 'It's legit, I swearz!'

I was saying that I was dropping the issue because I didn't feel like further investigation.

...Neither of those refers to the stagnant lifestream used in the formation of Chaos.

Dirge shows that stagnant lifestream is used in the formation of Chaos. Stagnant. Not going anywhere. Collected in the grotto. You seeing the connection yet?

And one is acanon.

I don't know what makes you say that. Both novella are official.

Also, to the 'standing water analogy, why go at analogy, standing water IS Stagnant. It's non flowing water, not able to flow.

Yes sir, Captain Obvious.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
And yeah, we've ponyed up the proof. Where's yours that it's an official term? Either prove it or just shut up about it being an official term. Jesus.

Neo Bahamut

Omnipotent Jackass
AKA
And yeah, we've ponyed up the proof. Where's yours that it's an official term? Either prove it or just shut up about it being an official term. Jesus.

I DID.

What are you people, idiots? YOU keep pushing the issue!

And because of the hostility, I'm not taking part in any debate about it.

I'm sure I'll get a response to the effect of, "You just don't want to admit we proved you wrong." Whatever. Think what you want. But you're only incensing yourselves by continuing this subject, which makes me even less likely to want to humor you.

Do what you want. I couldn't care less.

EDIT: I'm ducking out of this topic. I've already been infracted for this post, & I'm not risking getting more just to continue 1 inane & 1 idiotic argument. You can still respond if you want, but I may not even read them.

Last edited:

Neo Bahamut

Omnipotent Jackass
AKA
Sorry for the spam, I'm just taking myself off off E-mail notification.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Just because it's not in the script doesn't mean it's not there! :awesome:

Prove to me it doesn't exist! It's got to be there somewhere!

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Learn how the burden of proof works, asshole. Anyone making an assertion is subject to it.

And, in case you haven't noticed, you're ALL making the assertion that it's a fan term!

And yet, you were the one who first said it was not a fan term, hence the onus is on YOU to prove it's official, which you blatantly did not do.

I'm not looking at/up anything, if you're all going to throw tantrums at me. Fuck that noise.

Concession accepted. If you can't actually back 'it's not a fan term,' then don't make it in the first place.

I was saying that I was dropping the issue because I didn't feel like further investigation.

Yet you did not retract or concede your statement. You want us to stop the issue, then actually concede you have no evidence.

Dirge shows that stagnant lifestream is used in the formation of Chaos. Stagnant. Not going anywhere. Collected in the grotto. You seeing the connection yet?

And yet Dirge of Cerberus is neither Maiden OR Case of Lifestream, which you referenced.

I don't know what makes you say that. Both novella are official.

Threshhold was official Trek, and it got removed from canon. It happens. Maiden was written by a third party, has never been referenced outside of itself, even in the book it appeared in, and has been contravened on several major points.

Yes sir, Captain Obvious.

Wasn't talking to you, private chewtoy.

Last edited:

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
omg gaiz is this like Phoenix Wright proof? Guilty until proven innocent?

:objection: "THAT'S NOT HOW IT WORKS!"

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
edgeworth_tsk.gif

Can't we all just get along and agree that I'm right?

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
edgeworth_tsk.gif

Can't we all just get along and agree that I'm right?
NO EDGEWORTH.

:objection: Taking proof from a crime scene is illegal dammit, it's called tampering with the crime scene!

Top Bottom