• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Star Wars / Vader / Leia / etc. [Marvel]

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Nice deal!!!!! :D Looking forward ta your thoughts!! The fact that you're indulging in ALL THE STAR WARS THINGS with me makes me incredibly happy. *^^*

X :neo:

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
New Rogue One Comic Book on the way

ComicBook.com said:
David Gabriel, Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing, flashed through the panel seen below (photo via Dennis Barger at Wonderworld Comics) during the Diamond Comics Retailer Breakfast this morning at C2E2. He offered no further details on the series, but the slides reveals it to be a 3-issue series plus a One-Shot. UPDATE: ComicBook.com can confirm that the series is a prequel series.

1924003-10153580780441359-3043442239097382023-n-174831.jpg

Alls I know is that Rogue One looks pretty dang good so far. IMO, Jedi are awesome, but I appreciate the good old Normal Norman characters from time to time. :monster:

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
So I'm about halfway through the Kanan comics. Is it just me, or they are just not as well written as the others I've read so far (Obi-Wan & Anakin, Vader, some Leia). I've caught myself going back and re-reading because I'm not picking up on the dialogue as quickly as I do with other comics. The Kanan comic, I've noticed, also references minutes and months, which....I can't recall if I've seen that before in Star Wars, since those are earth things. :hohum:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Vader is the highest standard to hand it to, imo. They aren't as good, I don't think but I have enjoyed the perspective. Also, I didn't notice the minutes/months thing, but it is a good point.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Good gods, Vader #20 just lays it down SO FUCKING BRILLIANTLY. We get the history of the Sith and the whole machinations for the constructions of the Empire directly from the Emperor himself, and then we get the spin on Vader's own personal motivations that drive all of Episode V. Like... this comic is fucking brilliant, solid new lore, and is absolutely, hands-down, the VERY best.

If you care at ALL about Star Wars, and you're not already reading this, you absolutely need to change that, and pick up this comic series IMMEDIATELY.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Also, it's only going to issue #25, which is gutting, but I'm glad they're building it towards an ultimate and specific conclusion rather than just letting it die out.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
Sad that it's so short but if the end is coming, maybe they can release a little compendium with all the issues in it! :excited:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Vader #24 was fucking amazing. You get to see the process of him embracing the Dark Side in his own head to overcome what happened to him at the end of #23.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I'm so glad that you're here to feel the same levels of excitement as me.

Also, yesplznao.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
I wonder if they're going to rewrite his origin story or just borrow it from the EU/Legends. If I were to go based off of just TCW series (without having seen/read anything else), I'd probably think that Talzin was his actual mother because that's the only context we're really given. And TCW is just at the beginning of the new canon.

Er...I'm saying it would be sort of confusing to introduce a different mother in a miniseries (assuming they base the plot on the EU story)? I think they're going to rewrite his origin. Yeah. :awesome:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Do you mean what was covered in Son of Dathomir about him and Talzin — because that's actually the first comic book that was released as a part of the new Star Wars canon, despite being one of the last Dark Horse comics. Or're you talking about something else that covered his earlier life?

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Ah, yes. I'm sure that that's not a thing anymore. Quite looking forward to seeing what they do with this. More Darth Maul = always best.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I wouldn't count that out. The same author who wrote "Darth Plagueis" wrote "Tarkin." Not only is it generally considered that the timing of its publication is the only reason the canonicity of "Darth Plagueis" is even in question at all, but "Tarkin" saw parts of "Darth Plagueis" unequivocally brought over into new canon.

Of course, they could go for some composite of old and new. I suppose time will tell.

EDIT: But I guess "Son of Dathomir" already doesn't fit with the whole story of Kycina being Maul's mother in "Darth Plagueis"? There's definitely irreconcilable differences there.

Last edited:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Most of the current canon does bring in bits and pieces of Legends canon in all over, but other novels prior to Thrawn by Timothy Zahn aren't canon, so I think that while certain elements of Darth Plagueis might become canon, I think that generally we can consider it non-canon until a new canon book re-establishes anything about it.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Top Bottom