• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
This whole Jack Garland thing reminds me of how the main character of Mobius Final Fantasy was just some guy named Wol who was also thrust into a strange land with no memory except a mission to save the world from Chaos.

Wol and Jack should meet in a bar in Cornelia to commiserate their shitty luck. :monster:

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
This whole Jack Garland thing reminds me of how the main character of Mobius Final Fantasy was just some guy named Wol who was also thrust into a strange land with no memory except a mission to save the world from Chaos.

Wol and Jack should meet in a bar in Cornelia to commiserate their shitty luck. :monster:
the actual Garland in Mobius was more an anti-hero than anything. Actually quite liked his characterization, but who knows what the hell happened with him after season 1...

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
You know, Jack doesn't stand out quite so much in his t-shirt when everyone else is dressed "Fantasy Adventure Casual." :monster:

But seriously, that does look cool. Interested to see more of the woman Warrior of Light.

Honestly, the gameplay looks pretty fun (wish I could try out the demo but I don’t have a PS5), visuals look better than before, too (though the art direction is still all over the place). Holy shit at the scene with the phone. So the game really is some sort of self-aware parody? Either way, they’ve nailed the mid/late-2000s edginess. I’m actually somewhat tempted to get this around launch before the internet spoils all the memes. The tonal whiplash going from Elden Ring to this may kill me, though. :monster:

Disappointing that they seem to have deliberately avoided saying CHAOS in the localized trailer.

The full context for the “bullshit” scene makes it even better, I think:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i still hate those default outfits but i do like the garland armour and tiamat

still not completely sure about the rest of it

also when i saw 'he says 'bullshit' to someone's conversation and starts playing music on his iphone' i thought that was like, figurative. like someone describing the feel of the game and the character was just a dismissive gym bro who might do something like that. i didn't think it was a literal description

also if they are adding cheesy metal and tracks from previous games, i demand 'crazy chocobo' from ffxiii-2

ph14basicbitch

shinra merch buyer
AKA
koda
lol yep. i think of 2daken as ogata from golden kamuy as i watched that recently.

people on twitter actually called the "jack = chaos" thing back in june purely based on who his japanese voice actor is. normally, toshihiko seki is the canonical voice of the ff1 warrior of light. him not being "jack" got people theorizing that jack would become garland -> chaos because of the ff1 time travel shenanigans, then the ff1 wol, voiced again by seki, would either replace jack, or show up as your enemy.

also, im disappointed at the lack of "Chaos..." in the new english trailer. :rage: he got to say it a few times in jp!

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
I'm actually genuinely kinda interested in the game's story beyond just the fun camp of it now, especially if the art indicates that the four friends are going to become/are connected some versions of the Four Fiends of from FF1 (who were also two male fiends and two female fiends). Seems like it could be pseudo-corruption arcs not only of Jack Garland (who already has a Dark Crystal) but the entire cast too. Looks like like Ash is Lich, Jed is Kraken, Neon is Marilith, and the unnamed black-haired women is Tiamat.

Top Bottom