Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Tidbit from the demo:

Interesting take from the same guy:

FAm-015XEAQbGUJ

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
The main character's name is... Jack Garland.... And he's talking to princess Sarah.

Holy shit, we're playing as Garland reincarnated into the very spiral of Final Fantasy. Wow.

This is definitely Final Fantasy remixed into an action RPG, where you play as Garland and re-experience World A in a 3D action game. I fucking love it. The Flying Fortress and Tiamat looked amazing.

Not only that but.. fragments of other FF worlds are somehow fused into it too? Holy Cosmos, what the fuck happened here? I'm actually hyped for this :monster:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Voice work lines aside, the game actually looks really good. The gameplay looks solid and fighting the Four Fiends in an action RPG set in a reimagined World A of Final Fantasy just sells itself.

Seeing Garland not just fighting in a t-shirt also helped.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I mean, FF has been on a slow path of giving Garland more depth and redemption since 2008. Portraying him as an orphan, used by the military as a weapon of chaos and depriving him of a normal life. Having his own mother used as a tool to manipulate him and then he exacts revenge by embracing the power of discord and despairing to the fact he will always be trapped in a spiral of chaos and battle, so why not revel in it?

I am not surprised whatsoever we may have a game where we play as an unaware Garland who experiences the world of FF as a hero of light and now must face off against his other self. His future self. Chaos.

I mean, why else would he be so obsessed with Chaos? Able to feel him and even taste him? :monster:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I get that he's the main character of this game, but you say he's been around since 2008? Or are you talking about the Garland from FFI?

LOL I'm saying Jack Garland is Garland. The first and last boss of Final Fantasy. The nemesis of Warrior of Light who got his first expansion of backstory and characterization in Dissidia Final Fantasy for the PSP in 2008.

They've been adding more depth, character and redemptive qualities to his character since then, so he's not just some shallow nutjob who likes knocking people down :monster:

Top Bottom