Supernatural

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Can't believe Frank's dead now. Wtf?

This episode was rather weak to me. Between the lame cursed objects and the hilariously and unbelievably stupid Leviathans, I was not impressed. Why would a Leviathan EVER let Sam and Dean go, let alone talk about their plan? That was completely unbelievable.

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
The whole thing is.
Leviathans are the lamest fucking villains ever. Oooh, they eat people. Right, because that's so scary, that wasn't every other monster before or anything. I'm not buying anything this season, tbh.

There's no sense of danger at all. Just a bunch of loosely connected episodes, with lame villains and no endgame in sight. At least before some episodes were genuinely scary

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
The whole thing is.
Leviathans are the lamest fucking villains ever. Oooh, they eat people. Right, because that's so scary, that wasn't every other monster before or anything. I'm not buying anything this season, tbh.

There's no sense of danger at all. Just a bunch of loosely connected episodes, with lame villains and no endgame in sight. At least before some episodes were genuinely scary

I pass things out of my ass that are more frightening than Leviathans. Theyre some seriously weaksauce villains. And now apparently they want to cure cancer. Wow.

Mariketsu

I Am the Darkness, I'm the Monster
AKA
Razael
This is why I've been upset with this season. There's absolutely NO direction wtf-ever. It's just all over the effin' place and randomly throwing in Leviathans here and there. Sera Gamble has finally ruined Supernatural. I agree also, the Leviathans are anything but scary. They at least better give Castiel a proper send-off and bring to light the insanity surrounding Sam. *Sigh*

~ Raz

Max Caulfield

shaka brah
AKA
Chi, Trollzaya, Dean Winchester, Black Widow
I didn't even watch this week's episode. Ballet shoes that dance you to death sounded incredibly lame.

I SAW THE PREVIEW FOR NEXT WEEK'S EPISODE, THOUGH, AND ALMOST STARTED CRYING. CAS IS COMING BACK. BUT SAM IS ALL FUCKED UP IN THE HEAD. HOLY SHIT. AND THE MARKS ON HIS FACE. WHAT IF HE TURNS INTO SAMIFER AND THE END VERSE HAPPENS ANYWAY? (Of course, there'd be a few differences like Bobby being gone, unless they do something weird and, like, clone him back to before his legs were healed, but fuuuuuck, it could totally happen.)

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
....I just caught up.

WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT??!

Cas comes back and Dean just uses him and ditches him? AGAIN? There's no even a discussion, nothing? He was his best fucking friend. Dean's not even conflicted about it. "Oh well, we just leave him, la di dah"

Not to mention the whole idea of the "transfer" is dumb as fuck and makes absolutely zero sense. He's an angel (possibly on par if not more powerful than an archangel)!!! Why in the world would hallucinations affect him as they do Sam? Why is he seeing Lucifer?? We're told Sam's mental instability is a result of his memories in Hell. What does Cas do, take them onto himself? So what, Sam just forgot, or what??
ARE THEY FUCKING SERIOUS RIGHT NOW?!

889517-UKHBA4B.gif

ALSO, he's an angel! He is a supercharged angel who just wiped the floor with a bunch of demons only 2 minutes ago. He defeated Raphael. He's like a schizophrenic nuclear weapon and Dean just left him alone.

I can't with this show anymore. Are they even pretending to try?

Last edited:

Max Caulfield

shaka brah
AKA
Chi, Trollzaya, Dean Winchester, Black Widow
I really wish they would have split last week's episode into two parts. I think they could have done a lot more with it. I feel like the last twenty minutes were really rushed.

I knew that Cas was going to take Sam's problems away because that's what Cas does. I was pretty much fine with the episode until that point (except for Emanuel's wife because how the fuck could they get married when Cas doesn't have any records and anything would point to him already being married to Amelia), but then Cas takes Sam's problems, which wasn't explained.

Then Sam and Dean leave Cas in the institution, which both makes sense and doesn't. Dean thinks that all the demons who know about him are dead, except he can't really know that. It's not that far fetched to think that more demons might hunt down Emmanuel's wife, who will tell them that he left with Dean, thus leading them to the institution and Cas.

Also, there was no reconciliation between Sam and Cas and Dean together. It cuts immediately from Cas saving Sam to them leaving him. I would have loved to see Sam say something to Cas because it was Cas' fault in the first place that his wall broke.

Then Dean said that all of his and Sam's friends were dead. I was just like, "Really? You gave Cas back the trench coat, told him he did the best he could with what he had, and watched him save your brother and you're saying he's not your friend?"

It's either that Dean just cannot fucking handle any kind of emotional shit at all or he was just manipulating Cas. I'm leaning more towards the first one.

Finally, they left Cas with Meg. Meg who supported Lucifer and is now hunted by Crowley. Does Dean really think that she's not going to pull some shit to save herself that might include giving Cas up?

Anyway, I think I kind of ship sassy after this episode. Sam is a good person and so is Cas so they can get together and have filthy, righteous, holy gay sex together while Dean has manpain.

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
....I can't anymore.
The Levi's plan is to make human meat factories & eventually take over the world using humans as cattle. Wow. Did it take them long to come up with this? What is this shit yo?!!

And fucking Leviathans beat angels?! Like...by touching them? I'm somehow supposed to buy that the fuckers who can't even take on Mr. Clean, can gank the dudes who can fucking change the very fabric of reality? The guys who can time travel? The dudes who can kill other gods with no more effort than it takes to swat a fly? Did these fucking writers get amnesia and forget about the last 3 fucking seasons? Angels almost ended all creation. FFS.

But noooo! We've found their true weakness: suits and sharp teeth

Gamble also taught me that Sam & Dean are totally fine and won't move a muscle if their angel friend is about to get ganked by fellow angels. No, instead they just banish Castiel using the sigils he fucking taught them.

FUCK YOU, SHOW!

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
I just watched the latest episode. I'm disappointed. To me I haven't really been enjoying the show recently. It was always quite bad at keeping real consistency in it's plot lines, throwing in the odd completely unrelated to the overarching plot episode here and there, but this season and last season have just been full of them, it's getting really fucking ridiculous.

Here's how I think it should work - in a shows first 1 - 2 seasons, freak of the week stuff with a bigger arc that dips and and out. Beyond season 2 a show should start introducing season long arcs and all episodes in the season should be in at least some way relevant to that arc, with a maximum ONE or TWO episodes that aren't so that it doesn't get too contrived or lose focus.

The way the past 2 seasons have been written is just terrible. It feels like they came up with a shit idea and just spread it too thin. Like I said before, this show has always (post season 3 anyway) been guilty of throwing in random episodes that have no relevance (let's go to this town Sam! I know the world's ending and there are other far more important issues we spent the entirety of the last episode being dramatic about, but w/e).

This season went too far. An episode with Leviathans, a few episodes without. 1 episode in which they discover the secret weapon is bleach, too many episodes with nothing to do with them again. Then they show up and disappear some more. It's like a car when the engine keeps cutting out. The "filler" episodes bore me to death. I actually got bored and turned it off a few times, which I've never done with a TV show I at one point loved.

EDIT: In contrast, I just remembered how awesome last weeks episode was. Felicia Day is awesome, and so was her character Charlie. I hope she turns up again. I laughed so many times during that episode.

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I'm starting to think we've had a Springing Selachimorpha event, in regards to Supernatural.

I'm not even gonna lie. I haven't watched Supernatural since the episode that Castiel made his return. I honestly just don't give a shit about the series anymore. And it's sad. But at this point it's literally exhausted any ounce of care or interest I've had for it.

Maybe when the season finally ends and does its next bullshit cliffhanger I'll be bothered to watch the episodes but right now I just can't bring myself to give one shit about it.

Hopefully next season will improve since apparently Sarah Gamble is finally getting the fuck out.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
"We should play Twister"
OMG CAS PRECIOUS BABY

anyway here's some spoilers
I think the idea of them being in Purgatory is cool, it could potentially be really interesting. I'm glad they FINALLY let Bobby go as sad as it was. Him sticking around was kind of stupid as much as the fans missed him =( I think Cas really made this episode, lol. And I just love Meg, I've always loved her ;w;
Ummm all in all im actually excited to see what they do with that.

Lex

Administrator
Is anyone still watching this?

I still watch every episode, but I can't get over how bleh I'm finding it. I'm never even remotely excited about watching another episode. Episode 11 had Felicia Day in it again (the one with LARP'ing) and it was actually brilliant. I've just looked at my previous post in this thread and now I can't work out if I liked it because it was well written or because she was in it.

I'm also reading that it's looking likely to be renewed for a 9th and 10th season. I mean how. I'm not understanding this. This used to be my absolute favourite show on TV, but it's gotten to the point where I end up doing other shit while episodes are on in the background. I almost liked the storyline between Dean and his vampire pal this season. I just feel like the show has been so directionless for so long. And I can't stand the filler episodes, they drive me nuts. Some (like the aforementioned) are good, most are popped in between a cliffhanger and I just don't know wth is happening anymore.

I don't think I've been excited about this show since early season 4 or something.

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
I've stopped. I'm still going to watch it at some point & catch up, but I'm not really dying to, you know? So many other good shows out there that I can't give this one any more of my love. It just frustrates me now.

I will forever love the first 4 seasons, but it's taken a serious nosedive. They're not even trying anymore. Look at Sam and Dean getting back together first episode of this season -- it's like death is a formality.

Lex

Administrator
You know what really annoys me and has been since the end of season 5? No one ever mentions that they've now both been to hell. It's like they completely forgot Dean spent some time down there too and went a bit mad.

Don't get me wrong, it pales in comparison to the other problems this show has right now, but that always bugged me. Sam spent a good two seasons angsting about having been to hell and Dean never once was like "I know what it's like". I mean I know they had different experiences but still :/

Lex

Administrator
So episode 20 of this season is one of the best episodes this show has had for like... seasons. Actually almost shed a tear.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Is anyone else still watching this?

Cause season 8 has literally been the best season this show has had since...season 5. And I mean it. This has literally been Supernatural getting its groove back.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
It really did.

This entire season has been extremely enjoyable. I really enjoyed them returning to their roots so to speak, with the conflict between angels and demons. Benny, Kevin, Metatron, Naomi, and all the other new characters this season felt really interesting and enjoyable. Such a shame Supernatural kills almost all of them, as usual.

It just felt really well done and fleshed out, unlike seasons 6 and 7. The mythology was amazing too. I'm glad they expanded on the whole "Word of God" tablets. Because it did seem awfully convenient for there to just be this silver bullet recipe for the invincible Leviathans. I figured there would be others for it to make sense.

Crowley played his role as true-blue villain amazing too. And Abbadon is just...sexy. I eagerly await our new Queen of Hell :monster:

My only criticism of this season would be Sam once again being the chosen one for the whole trials. Ever since the beginning, Sam has been the chosen one for every conflict. The special child. The chosen one to kill Lillith. The chosen one to stop Lucifer as his vessel. The boy with no soul. And now the one to do the trials. It would've been AMAZING if it were Dean that had to do all these trials and Sam was the one supporting him. It just seems boring to constantly have Sam have all the weird shit going on.

Oh, and Charlie. I'm sorry, but can we please just not throw her in for fan service? I mean, this season was still 22 episodes. The entire episode with her in it was fucking pointless. You could skip that whole episode and it'd not change a thing.

But all in all, Supernatural definitely got its magic back. I can't wait til season 9. It's had an amazing run for being around for this long. I'm really very impressed.

Lex

Administrator
It's been boring for years. Tbh I've attributed its slight increase in not-badness with her arrival - she's just a funny character (and refreshing).

The part about random episodes that needn't have been in there at all is true with or without her. Yeah, the episodes she's in tend to be a bit pointless in the overarching plot but Supernatural is the worst show in the world for that. It tries to act like a procedural one minute then a continuing drama the next, it's neither one or the other nor is it balanced (like Castle, a show that does both of these things without being annoying).

Like huge drama happens on Supernatural for about 3 episodes then the next episode it's like "oh look there's some sort of slime goo 3 states over, lets go check that out instead of dealing with all the shit we've just set up". It's one of the things that annoys me most about the show. It wouldn't bother me so much if I waited to the end of the season and watched all the episodes one after another, but I'm too impatient :monster:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
It's been boring for years. Tbh I've attributed its slight increase in not-badness with her arrival - she's just a funny character (and refreshing).

The part about random episodes that needn't have been in there at all is true with or without her. Yeah, the episodes she's in tend to be a bit pointless in the overarching plot but Supernatural is the worst show in the world for that. It tries to act like a procedural one minute then a continuing drama the next, it's neither one or the other nor is it balanced (like Castle, a show that does both of these things without being annoying).

Like huge drama happens on Supernatural for about 3 episodes then the next episode it's like "oh look there's some sort of slime goo 3 states over, lets go check that out instead of dealing with all the shit we've just set up". It's one of the things that annoys me most about the show. It wouldn't bother me so much if I waited to the end of the season and watched all the episodes one after another, but I'm too impatient :monster:

Oh I agree, it's why I do have to watch Supernatural in huge chunks, and I prefer to wait until the season's over. Because between the fucking hiatuses, and shitty pacing due to it going episodic to overarching, you'd lose your mind and just get frustrated. :monster:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom