Tekken

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Also, for anyone who might care, the upcoming Tekken movie.

Kinda looks close. But still no cigar.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
My s/o is really into Tekken and made me watch the evo for Tekken just now, and I never really watch evo live but i was like ok...

Then, holy shit.

A grand final of a fighting game where neither player is Japanese or Korean. Philippines vs Pakistan.

AND

ARSLAN ASH WON FOR PAKISTAN

REPRESEEEEENT!

I am so hype, what a fucking legend.

This is such a big step for e-sports and gamers like me. I'm so happy that i was able to witness that!

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I don't think that's fair. Noctis and FFXV definitely deserve their rep in Tekken 7 given it was their time under the S-E sun.

When the next Tekken comes out, we can all kneel for Tifa then. I'm sure the Remake will still be going. :monster:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I'm actually really hoping Tifa makes it into a possible season 3 of "Soul Calibur VI." There's the nice symmetry of "Tekken" getting the character who was ostensibly a more obvious fit for SC, so doing the reverse would be poetically appropriate -- but I also think if Tifa played like she did in VIIR, that would bring a potentially really fun mix-up element to SC.

Also, let's be honest: if Tifa played like she did in VIIR, SC's 8-way-run mechanic would be a much better fit than "Tekken."

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy

Since Covid cancelled any kind of physical event tournaments went online.

Now for the first time in a year Tekken had a first official physical tournament organized by WePlay Ultimate Fighting League (WUFL).

It's nice to see the pros duking it out again, and like Evo JP'19 the grand final had neither a japanese nor korean player.

Arslan Ash (W) vs Awais Honey (L)

Pakistan wins the tournament with Arslan Ash!!

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
It looks gorgeous! I love how story driven Tekken has always been.

Tekken 2 will always be my favourite and have my favourite opening!

Nandemoyasan

Standing guard
AKA
Johnny
Major Jin/Hwoarang* thing going between me and my younger brother. We'd put on training mode for Tekken 3 and shut off all display options, so we could just spar indefinitely (i.e. until we were sick of it). I've never known anyone else who would try to play a fighting game in this way, with nobody ever winning or losing.

Couple of my favorite Jin Kazama moves:

> > RP - "Lay down."

< > RP LP RP - "Continued Merciless Beating!!"

< RP, then RK RK RK RK - Everything is better with spinning :D

*Younger Brother "Hunting Hawk"'d me to the face many times, credit where credit's due

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
I always mained the Mishimas, with the exception of vanilla Jin from T4 onwards. I prefer Devil Jin instead because he has Jin's T3 moveset for the most part. I added Lee and Julia around the time of T5, and tried out Kunimitsu Jr in T7.

And I say it's time to bring back Jun, since she was never confirmed in canon to be dead.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
T3 onwards Ling became my main her fighting style is really fun! Although having Asuka introduced in Tekken 5 and being able to still pull off some of those old Kazama moves that were harder to pull off with Jin, was a heck of a lot of fun!

I wish they would do something in relation to Jun, they've always teased it and then brought her back for tekken tag tournament 1 & 2 which was a very popular decision but they aren't canon.

Ita amazing how popular Jun was for only being in one canon game, you gotta give the writers 100% props for putting in a strong storyline and backstory for the Kazama and Mishima connection.

Gotta hand it to Namco when it came to Tekken and the likes of the Soul Blade/Calibur series although SC went a bit weird towards the end, for a fighting series they didn't half know how to make a great story line. Soul Blade's Edge Master mode was an outstanding game mode to play!

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
Oh yeah, I forgot about Xiaoyu. I can't remember when I put her in my arsenal. I'd say around the time of the first Tag Tournament to pair her with Jin, since she had a special Tag throw exclusive to her and Jin.

D

Deleted member 13557

Ngl I was kinda hoping we were going to get Tekken Tag 3 but I’m excited regardless. Just hope it has decent single player content.

D

Deleted member 13557

Tekken probably has my favourite music out of any fighting game series, but I don’t know how much of that is nostalgia.

2,3,5 and both tag games have amazing soundtracks. Not overly familiar with the others.

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
Guess who's coming back to Tekken?!

Jun Kazama! I've actually waited for this for a long time anyway, since she's never really been confirmed dead in canon.

Top Bottom