The Final Fantasy XIV Thread [Dawntrail - 7.00]

JechtShotMK9

The Sublimely Magnificent One
AKA
Kamiccolo9
I've never done raids before and would love to give it a go with TLS members. But I'm still on the 3.x stuff (I just finished the main HW story) so I doubt I'll be able to do any raids at all unless you do, idk, Crystal Tower or something :wacky:

Alliance Raid Roulette will be a thing soon, so it should be a lot easier to get into the ARR and HW 24-man content.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
^I will totally be doing that one. I have a list of glamour to get from Labyrinth and WoD... it will be nice to hopefully get it faster.

I just had a hilarious thing happen on the market board. I was going though the list of Orchestron Rolls I didn't have and found that someone had posted one of the really expensive ones (Thunderer) for less then 200 gil. Yeah. Guess what's now on the FC house playlist?

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I'm always up for doing the old raids. It's just a shame that the first two in the Crystal Tower are kinda meh.

I've started testing Shirogane (Extreme) strats to find the absolute fastest way of getting to the plots we want.

[Edit: Testing complete. I won't post the results here since this is a public thread and I'm paranoid. :P I'll PM the people who have said they might be able to make it on Tuesday.]

Knux, you're probably right that fewer people will be going for plot 60, but I'd still rather go for 30. There's something about the subdivision that feels... substandard? IDK. We have as good a chance as anyone, if not better, since I have a very good internet connection and hard drive – I'm always the first to load into a new zone in a dungeon or raid, for example. I think that applies to Lex as well. There will be an element of luck logging in, of course.

How I wish they'd implement some sort of lottery system, where everyone has a week to put the money up and give a list of plots they'd like to go for. :\

Last edited:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Uhhhhhhhhh close to a couple weeks :monster: I've been trying to finishing Deus Ex MD lately :kermit:
Even if I hadn't been I've been busy lately with a lot of stuff. If I'd played every day since I got SB I miiiiight have reached the end of the HW stuff finally? Idk

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Ah heck, my SCH isn't up to date, or well, it's got some high level gear but nowhere near top tier shit :monster:. Hope that's not a problem for the thingy, I'm leveling my RDM atm. and shit. because heck healing amirite :monster:

Maybe tomorrow I'll go back though, the SCH is getting some reasonable boosts (mostly MP usage reduction and a shield buff that makes it more on par with the AST).

After about two weeks of having it play in the background, I finally listened to all 318 FFXIV tracks found in this playlist. Despite not playing FFXIV (only played it for a short while) I now feel way more familiar with the game. ^_^ Sometimes I would watch the actual videos so yes I am also a bit more familiar now with the environments and the story.

Last edited:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I doubt we'll get eight on at the same time but if we do, we can use the new Alliance feature in the Party Finder to make sure we all get into the same queue, even if we're not in the same party.

Lex

Administrator
So we got the house. Mansion, Ward 7, Plot 30 :). Flint managed to beat someone using literal ninja moves!

We also bought plot 29 and plot 9 privately.

WELCOME TO SHIROGANE TLS!

I'm just decorating it now. Trying to find good stuff is a pain.

I have already had two offers of 200 million gil and more for the land lol. I've /shouted "not for sale" quite a few times.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I meant to record it but I forgot. -_- I have a two minute "instant replay" being recorded all the time and I only have to press Ctrl+F10 to save it, but I was so happy to have won the race that it completely slipped my mind.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Gratz guys!

Useful site for furniture: http://en.ff14housing.com/ Most of the stuff on there is in-game pictures.

Lex, I've got most of the high level Primal/Coil/Crystal Tower furniture (in-door ones anyway). Let me know if you want any of it, I won't have that much trouble getting it again. And I've got a Kettle Nexus if we want it, and have both the ARR and HW sightseeing logs done.

If we still want to do that Shin-Ra Mansion idea... Machi Coffin, some of the crafting apparatuses, and Mounted Bookshelf(s) would make for a pretty good basement...

And I'm voting we stick the Demon Wall Sculpture at the top of the steps again. That is beautifully freaky.

Last edited:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Made me smile to see this when I woke up this morning :D Awesome job Flint, really cool <3 can&#8217;t wait to check it out later today!

Cacti

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Kanthos, Cacti Kanth
Good job on getting the dream plot guys! Happy for you all! If we were in the same ward we'd almost be neighbors. I somehow got a plot in Shirogane well after people were able to log in \o/

Knuxson

Pro Adventurer
So apparently some of our private rooms are broken? I can't get into mine, Lex's, or Joe's.

Also, super stoked for the new alliance raid, as FF Tactics is one of my favorite games of all time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom