Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Re: Love Triangle Discussion

[quote author=hitoshura link=topic=53.msg597#msg597 date=1228400704]
Actually, I have heard of someone (Japanese) mention how their mum was teased for her ample clevage, because people used to think that if you were big in that area, all your nutrients must has gone to your breasts instead of your head thus leaving you stupid :monster:
[/quote]

I don't doubt. But it's not exactly an exclusively Japanese phenomenon, nor universally Japanese. Also, was this while she was growing up, or as an adult? If it was growing up, I'd just chalk it up to jealous folk picking on her to make themselves feel better about the inadequacy, and subsequent pile-on, as something similar happened to one of my friends growing up. If it was as an adult, beats me. A revelation of the very strong fear of the different that a lot of japanese people seem to have, mayhaps? ::shrug::

Changing gears- anyone else as amused by 'concept art as proof' as I am? Especially when it's not concept art as drawn by the character designer, but by the now image illustrator?
I mean, if concept art is canon, then why can my Marle not use fire in Chrono Trigger, and why did I fight Hekran in a cave instead of a snowy field, and why was I not able to use Frog in my party? And why was Magus standing inside a room when I fought him, instead of flying around in the air in the middle of a village?

The issue isn't even that it's canon or not, it's that the images are just of Cloud and Aerith together. They aren't embracing, kissing, etc. It IS canon that Cloud holds her and puts her into the water when she's dead *shrugs*
I've said this before and I'll say it again, if I had to make up people to win a debate, that would make the lights go on and flashing telling me, "MAYBE I'M NOT RIGHT IF I HAVE TO MAKE THESE PEOPLE UP."
But, you know, Clerii already don't has logicz and are so emotionally invested...

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura

[quote author=Ryushikaze link=topic=53.msg598#msg598 date=1228401841]
I don't doubt. But it's not exactly an exclusively Japanese phenomenon, nor universally Japanese. Also, was this while she was growing up, or as an adult?[/quote]
As a child, I think.

Not saying it still happens now (I don't know if it does or not). Actually, I was just saying it :monster:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal

[quote author=Balthea link=topic=53.msg599#msg599 date=1228403123]
The issue isn't even that it's canon or not, it's that the images are just of Cloud and Aerith together. They aren't embracing, kissing, etc. It IS canon that Cloud holds her and puts her into the water when she's dead *shrugs*
I've said this before and I'll say it again, if I had to make up people to win a debate, that would make the lights go on and flashing telling me, "MAYBE I'M NOT RIGHT IF I HAVE TO MAKE THESE PEOPLE UP."
But, you know, Clerii already don't has logicz and are so emotionally invested...
[/quote]

It can be argued though that Cloud and Aerith shared one truly intimate and physical moment at the Temple of the Ancients when Cloud's fist met her face, thanks to Sephiroth. :monster:

....I can't remember what member had that as a sig over at AC, but it was pretty lulz worthy.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi

[quote author=Ryushikaze link=topic=53.msg595#msg595 date=1228399838]

[quote author=looneymoon link=topic=53.msg552#msg552 date=1228350415]
CloudxMukki has not been brought up in the LTD in a long time. Seriously, Mukki got more action than anything we've seen with Tifa or Aeris[/quote]

Only because he forced himself on Cloud, the slut, and Cloud shot him down with the ellipses of rejection!
[/quote]

:O Point taken. But still, there is still basis in questioning Cloud's sexuality!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56U9D-af1qw&feature=related"]YouTube - Re: Cloud & Zack Flashback[/ame]

Skip to where Zack undresses Cloud. I always wondered whythose smacking sounds were there... :duhard:

How is it that all these guys get more Cloudass than two hot girls throwing themselves at him? Three, if you count Yuffie's date scene. I think Square is hinting at something, in a not-so-subtle way :monster:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X

[quote author=hitoshura link=topic=53.msg594#msg594 date=1228399465]
Zack doesn't count, because Zack is in the past. And pasts don't matter when you're writing fiction. Does no one read my book? :monster:
[/quote]

Isn't Aerith also technically in the past? Ololoz. :monster:

X :neo:

Purple

Charmed

I can't help but chuckle when I saw this thread. What's any FFVII forum without a LTD?

IMO. It's CloudxTerra CloudxTifa and ZackxAerith.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura

Laughing is the best way to deal with this subject matter :monster:

[quote author=X-SOLDIER link=topic=53.msg674#msg674 date=1228457447]
[quote author=hitoshura link=topic=53.msg594#msg594 date=1228399465]
Zack doesn't count, because Zack is in the past. And pasts don't matter when you're writing fiction. Does no one read my book? :monster:
[/quote]

Isn't Aerith also technically in the past? Ololoz. :monster:

X :neo:
[/quote]
That's why she doesn't matter either.

If it happened more than 10 minutes ago, it no longer means anything and you're wasting the audience's time by showing it :monster:

Unless it involve Mukki :monster:

I like how Aerith's mom is so concerned with Cloud coming into Aerith's life after she had a little childish fling that was more friendship than anything else.
You'd think if her mom knew how much Zack disappearing hurt her than...No, no... still meaningless. :monster:
Same goes for Cloud too in a way. He's shown very obviously still having feelings for Tifa when he's in Neibleheim, especially in Crisis Core. So, it's not a childhood crush that had the chance to disappear. Yes, childhood crushes != true love... but that's not what we are shown. He's in love with her, put in the tube, looses four years of his life, wakes up... and he got over her while in there?

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura

He's in love with her, put in the tube, looses four years of his life, wakes up... and he got over her while in there?
IAWTS :monster:

I think the whole 'time to get over' arguement against Cloud and Tifa is a bit flawed. 'He has 7 years to get over her' doesn't work well when 5 of those were spent bobbing up and down in a tube of spirit goo as a babbling mess. If you don't count that 5 year void, it's only 2 years (after which, he doesn't seem to have gotten over it).

In which case, he should be equally able to get over Aerith 2 years later in AC :monster:

Even so, if you are a writer, and you show that a character has feelings for another, you can't expect the audience to believe these feelings disappear without showing them this or making a point of it. Time is normally a positive factor too. I know very few fictional stories where a guy has feelings for a girl, and the time apart doesn't make them stronger/continue to be meaningful. Then, you know, there's the lifestream and highwind making a point of, "I guess things haven't changed..." or whatever Cloud says.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura

I don't disagree :monster:

The other trouble with 'the past doesn't matter' is that they spent a fair amount of time showing it. I'm going to assume Nojima and Kitase would know better than to fill the game with stuff that doesn't go anywhere. Putting all that stuff about how Cloud felt about Tifa in a pivotal point in the game, without showing it has changed and if all that stuff has no actual baring on the story, would be a rather big failure on their part :monster:

I'm not a fan of the 'cliché' arguement, that because everything else has 'white mage and knight' then everything else must follow suit. That seemed more like a slight at the writers than anything else. But childhood friend/girl next door romance is just as big a cliché.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu

Actually, the white mage/ knight argument pretty much falls apart in anything outside of FFIV, and FFIV STILL has the childhood friends Cliche.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop

[quote author=Ryushikaze link=topic=53.msg762#msg762 date=1228508625]
Actually, the white mage/ knight argument pretty much falls apart in anything outside of FFIV, and FFIV STILL has the childhood friends Cliche.
[/quote]

And IX, and X, although IX is with a thief (if you want to talk classes) that behaves knightly, and X is with a soccer player (ololol).

Purple

Charmed

Wasn't it somewhat confirmed that Cloud and Tifa slept together?

No. Why would they confirm that? The creators even considered it a problem if you even thought THAT. So I highly doubt Cloud and Tifa gtfo

Purple

Charmed

Well they didn't say it outright. I just remember reading this discussion in ACF before regarding this matter. I couldn't remember the details though.

[quote author=AriesMoon link=topic=53.msg881#msg881 date=1228569904]
No. Why would they confirm that? The creators even considered it a problem if you even thought THAT. So I highly doubt Cloud and Tifa gtfo
[/quote]Don't forget that it's SO OOC for them to has sex.

Purple

Charmed

[quote author=AriesMoon link=topic=53.msg884#msg884 date=1228570315]
:monster: You mean the more explicit version with the chocobo stable and all? Heu heu Yeah.
[/quote]

Yes, I think that was the original idea for the highwind. Oh I have such bad memory.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop

Who cares, as long as it's explicit and whatnot, :monster:.

[quote author=Purple link=topic=53.msg890#msg890 date=1228570899]
[quote author=AriesMoon link=topic=53.msg884#msg884 date=1228570315]
:monster: You mean the more explicit version with the chocobo stable and all? Heu heu Yeah.
[/quote]

Yes, I think that was the original idea for the highwind. Oh I have such bad memory.
[/quote]Yes, it was. They writers admitted that the original scene was more obvious that the sex that happened (them coming out of the chocobo stable all sneeky-like) and they decided to tone it down.

Maybe if there is a remake the Clerii could get their wish of a third highwind scene featuring this version :monster:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura

[quote author=lonestar link=topic=53.msg881#msg881 date=1228569904]
[/quote]
What did they say about it being a problem?

I remember this now, being the one who first brought it up :monster: But until I cba to look it up again, I'd like to know how it's a problem.

o_O

No way. Do you not know their latest claim?

Here's the rough translation:
Nojima: Yeah, is that the scene with delicate dialogue? It’s written by Kato-san, not me.

Q: “It is not only language that can express feeling.” is quite adult in FF7.

Kitase: Even then, I remember it had been held down the excessive expression.

Nojima: The original idea is more extreme. A scenario is that Cloud walks out of the Chocobo room in HW first, then Tifa walks out next, inquiring the surroundings. But it is rejected by Kitase-san. But at that time, even if we used that dialogue in question, probably none of us had thought it would be a problem like that.

Nojima refers to it as delicate/risky dialogue. The person who mentioned that the line was "risque"/quite adult was the questioner. The SE staffs themselves never said it was. From what I get, Nojima goes on to say what I summarized earlier for you: "You thought THAT was risque? Man, it would have been a hundred times worse if we'd gone with our original Chocobo stable idea".

They even say that if they'd used the original idea with Tifa's dialogue, they wouldn't have thought it'd be problematic like that(meaning, they didn't think anyone would look at it in a risque way). If they see this risque business as problematic, I highly doubt it'd been their intention to begin with.
--Quoting some random Clerii.

:monster:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom