The Greatest Mystery of Final Fantasy VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
Thought of an example of FFVII's sexually oriented humor:

In the Nibelheim flashback, you can go into Tifa's house & panty raid her.

I guess FFVII was more adult than I remember it.
I found a post on another forum about that:

So after so many years of playing this game (but never getting much farther than the end of disc one) the mysterious "orthopedic underwear" you find in tifa's house during the flashback bugged me enough to actually look up orthopedic, because I slept during english class the day the teacher taught us that word. here's what I found:

or·tho·pe·dics Listen to the pronunciation of orthopedics
Variant(s): also or·tho·pae·dics Listen to the pronunciation of orthopaedics \-ˈpē-diks\
Function: noun plural but singular or plural in construction
Date: circa 1853

: a branch of medicine concerned with the correction or prevention of deformities, disorders, or injuries of the skeleton and associated structures (as tendons and ligaments)

So...does Tifa have some sort of deformed pelvis...or something? And how the hell is underwear going to prevent/fix a friggin bone deformity? Uh....Final Fantasy...

It does make you wonder what the developers were thinking about weh they wrote the script....

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Because it wasn't orthopedic, but "used" panties that Cloud could steal XD

As for the one who doesn't believe that a massage can hurt well... I can damn tell you it can, and worse, someone who doesn't know how to make them can pretty much block one's back while doing it :monster:

The Joker

Why So Serious?
Thought of an example of FFVII's sexually oriented humor:

In the Nibelheim flashback, you can go into Tifa's house & panty raid her.

I LOL'd when Cloud found the Orthopedic Underwear. And afterwards Tifa told Cloud that they were discussing something very important, to which he scratches his head most likely thinking "What, and finding Tifa's panties isn't important?" :awesome:

Splintered

unsavory tart
I remember being, what, eleven and thinking, "Hey, what are they doing, I don't understand..."

Ah the knowledge that age brings to destroy our childhood. Like when someone told me Bert and Ernie were not cousins.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
URANUSANDNEPTUNEAREHAWTTOGETHER.

Anyway, that scene made me sit in a corner rocking back and forth repeating:
"Maybe it's just a back massage. That's right. Just a nice little back massage."

The Joker

Why So Serious?
Oh come on, everybody saw something going on there. :wacky:
Even I knew there was a deeper connection to those two. :wacky: Despite the MASSIVE editing done to that show. Don't know who to blame for that, but they ruin anime shows when they do that. ¬.¬ First time I ever saw the "panty raid" scene was not until after I got a PSX, and a copy of Final Fantasy VII. It was epic then, and it still is now. :awesome:

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
The thread title is inapt. The *real* Greatest mystery is how Cloud traveled with two hot chicks in love with him for months and never tried to talk them into a threesome...

Ok, on topic, yeah, that scene was just waaaay weird.

muchmoxie

slow down, you crazy child
AKA
kimmyowns, Oxydox
Huh. Wow, I don't even remember that scene... uh, yeah. That's kind of all I have to say.

Neo Bahamut

Omnipotent Jackass
AKA
Lithp, Unholy Quadralateral
Man, what was wrong with you people? I was 9 & I got most of these jokes.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
The thread title is inapt. The *real* Greatest mystery is how Cloud traveled with two hot chicks in love with him for months and never tried to talk them into a threesome...

Ok, on topic, yeah, that scene was just waaaay weird.

Month and a half. Two weeks or so with Aerith

And the reason he didn't is because whenever they got together, Tifa and Aerith ran off to 'comfort' each other.

...They're cousins too.

Raquelborn

"I slice your ass in 4."
AKA
Raq, Raquel.
I watched this scene the other day and it really was pretty strange. I was half cringing, half confused and half freaked out. (Or should that all be in thirds :awesome:).

Cloud's 'I'm straight, get away from me' kind of attitude also made this scene so much worse.

person Russel quoted said:
: a branch of medicine concerned with the correction or prevention of deformities, disorders, or injuries of the skeleton and associated structures (as tendons and ligaments)

So...does Tifa have some sort of deformed pelvis...or something? And how the hell is underwear going to prevent/fix a friggin bone deformity? Uh....Final Fantasy...

ROFLMAO.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Because it wasn't orthopedic, but "used" panties that Cloud could steal XD

As for the one who doesn't believe that a massage can hurt well... I can damn tell you it can, and worse, someone who doesn't know how to make them can pretty much block one's back while doing it :monster:

Slightly stretched, to split hairs.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
And the reason he didn't is because whenever they got together, Tifa and Aerith ran off to 'comfort' each other.

...They're cousins too.
Haruka/Michiru Tifa/Aerith, hottest cousins I know. :awesome:

Killer Tofu

Killing in the Name Of
AKA
Canada
I thought it was one of the most disturbing scenes I've ever seen in a video game and I have yet to see anything to rival it tbh.

http://www.japanator.com/elephant/post.phtml?pk=9907 this is pretty disturbing if you ask me. I'm glad it's banned.

Somehow, I don't remember this scene in particular. I remember cross dressing for sure, though. It was always my favorite part...good thing I live in San Francisco, too ;):lol:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
LOL rapelay.

The fact that the game got banned gives me hope.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I have hope because of this awesome fucking picture.

9907-620x-masterasiadomonangry.jpg

Awesome fanart is awesome. :awesome:

Okay but seriously, rape shouldn't be a fucking game. Unless it involves Pyramid Head and mannequins.

Glad to see Japan pull that shit off the shelves.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Yes, sex in video games should only come after hours of winning a girl's heart and learning her likes and dislikes :awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom