The hate base on the internet

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Just because you lost Zack and Aerith you want everyone to pity you

Someone should take this guy's two best friends out back with the shotgun, and tell him to get over it.

Tidus finds out he isn't even real, how do you think that felt? Yet you don't see him crying a river over it.
:tidus:

Last edited:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I honestly stopped reading when he used Hope as an example. I do think chocobo butt is a pussy tbh

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
if you think gamefaqs is an honest and accurate representation of the intelligent fanbase you need to step outside and reevaluate your life

Wiegraf

White Knight
AKA
Thamauturge (IMDb and Gamefaqs), Haeralis, Haeralis the Brave, Wiegraf, and JudgeMagisterDelita
if you think gamefaqs is an honest and accurate representation of the intelligent fanbase you need to step outside and reevaluate your life

I don't think that it is an accurate representation of the intelligent fanbase but it is definitely the best place to find the hatebase and their "logic"

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
I used to frequent the gamefaqs FFVII boards and have discovered that it is riddled with morons and arsewipes and dare I say it
cunts

OOH look I didn't get modded!*

Not to say that everyone is like that there of course, but there are people who would pick fights with plants if there were no humans available.

Having said that, I think alot of people are understandably angry with what Square have done to the FFVII universe and characters...which in the great scheme of things is no big deal, but for people like me us, we don't have much left except the past and our childhoods...and all we have to look forward to is to be killed in the first wave in the war with the machines...we need these things to cling to!

Anyway, sadly the guy who posted the topic has a point. Square have made Cloud 'hooked on grief' (I'm from liverpool, look it up) they wont let him move on...maybe they find it more profitable that way? Even the end of AC makes it easy (for those who want to believe it) to have Cloud continue being a whiny necrophiliac to the end of his days.

I really shouldnt use the internet when drunk....

*unless of course I did, in which case strike this from the record. * I once got modded on gamefaqs for calling Sephiroth a douchebag.

Splintered

unsavory tart
The ENTIRE FF fanbase on Gamefaqs only bashes VII. Yes even the original. This is the most recent example that happened and also what drove me to make this thread. I am so sick of these people.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605802-dissidia-012-duodecim-final-fantasy/57132922
You mean on Dissidia, or just the games?

Because I've seen plenty of bashing on VIII, XII, and XIII. The only game to get out relatively unscathed is VI and IX. Criticizing those games is akin to internet suicide.

But if you are talking about Dissidia, then yes. It's mostly VII characters (although lol Vaan). Then again it's a faservice game, and they are griping about fanservice so oh well. Actually, any discussion that brings up multiple fanbases, VII gets shit on because it's overrated or something. I sometimes check out the popularity polls on FFUnion and it seems like everytime a FFVII character wins, everyone throws a major hissy fit.

Which, you know, is actually very often. Vocal minority I guess.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
thumb_Haters_Gonna_Hate.jpg

I don't think it's a big deal to hate FFVII or even Cloud, but sometimes people only do it to be cool (or to troll). Get over your shit. Cloud was only a whiny bitch in AC/C. If you took the time to watch it, then I imagine you can't hate FFVII that much.

Also...

I WANT DIS BABY! LOL

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Because I've seen plenty of bashing on VIII, XII, and XIII. The only game to get out relatively unscathed is VI and IX. Criticizing those games is akin to internet suicide.

Really? Because I see lots of FFIX bashing. Or if not outright bashing, refusal to even play the game because the characters look weird.

Each and every time, my heart breaks a little :(

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Unjustified hate does get pretty silly on games that are considered to be 'too overrated' tbh. Gamefaqs and Gamespot forums really take this idea and absolutely run with it.

Though, in my opinion its completely justified to be critical of FFVII, even if it is considered one of the best RPGs ever. You should never be afraid to look at it from a critical perspective. It isn't a perfect game after all.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
But the graphics are. =(

ANYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH THIS OPINION CAN GO FUCK THEMSELVES. MORE GAMES SHOULD HAVE BLOCKY-ASS CHARACTER MODELS BECAUSE IT'S GODDAMN AWESOME

^not even kidding. seriously love them ;.;

Wiegraf

White Knight
AKA
Thamauturge (IMDb and Gamefaqs), Haeralis, Haeralis the Brave, Wiegraf, and JudgeMagisterDelita
But the graphics are. =(

ANYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH THIS OPINION CAN GO FUCK THEMSELVES. MORE GAMES SHOULD HAVE BLOCKY-ASS CHARACTER MODELS BECAUSE IT'S GODDAMN AWESOME

^not even kidding. seriously love them ;.;

Check out this cosplay...

500x_cllud.jpg

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I like how FFVII went from the Greatest Game Ever Made to this in the last ten years or so.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Though, in my opinion its completely justified to be critical of FFVII, even if it is considered one of the best RPGs ever. You should never be afraid to look at it from a critical perspective. It isn't a perfect game after all.

Yeah but who was saying you couldn't be critical of it? Bashing it BECAUSE its popular isn't being critical either, it's just attentionwhoring.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
Agreed. Going into a Final Fantasy thread with "Cloud's a sissy noob" or whatever is not critical. It's just being intentionally stupid and looking for responses. What is that called?

None of that first post is at all is intended to spark constructive conversation.

Top Bottom