• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The Legend of Zelda (General)

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
I love using Zelda/Sheik in Brawl! I was decent with Link at one time, but I'm generally not good with slower characters. Plus Zelda has excellent knockout attacks.

Okay, so I have to ask actually -- how do people feel about voice acting in LoZ? I know Miyamoto is scared to do it because he feels it would ruin people's image of the characters, but tbqh, it wouldn't be that bad to have other characters talk and just keep Link as the silent hero (even though it's clearly implied that he can talk, we just don't see it). idk, I feel like the text boxes are going to have to leave eventually.

Link, like the Fallout heroes, is not mute, we just don't hear him TALK.

Link already has a voice. You want to know what he sounds like? Play Soul Calibur in Japanese. Watch Sigfried. Be informed.

But yeah, Voices didn't ruin Metroid (Even if you hate Other M, most of the voices weren't bad, and hey, Metroid Prime 3 had'em.) and they won't ruin Zelda if you do 'em right.

And that Brawl scene is a scene of pure awesome.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Yes, give Link and everyone else a VA. Let everyone bitch for a while and finally get used to it.

There's no pleasing everyone.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
samus would be better if she was voiced by Jennifer Hale. Anything is better when voiced by Jennifer Hale. Wait, she did voice her in Metroid Prime 3 but never again. Wtf, nintendo 8[

ALSO I REALLY LIKE MIDNA AND THINK SHE IS BEAUTIFUL BECAUSE NOT ONLY DOES SHE HAVE NORMAL SEXINESS SHE HAS EXOTIC SEXINESS JUST MY TWO CENTS

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
samus would be better if she was voiced by Jennifer Hale. Anything is better when voiced by Jennifer Hale. Wait, she did voice her in Metroid Prime 3 but never again. Wtf, nintendo 8[

And Brawl.
But yes, more HaleSamus.

Also, Moar Samus in Zelda clothes.

KissTheRain

reality is a prison
AKA
jailbait
This thread doesn't have enough bitching and debating...

So all you fellow LoZ fans, which game of the series do you think is the best and why? : D

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
o gawd that's a really tough one, but probably either Ocarina or Majora's Mask. Ocarina is just a straight up classic, loved the storyline, loved the switch up with Zelda as a character, loved the puzzles and dungeons and just everything.

MM kicked my ass (I will probably dust that off in a few weeks when I'm done with the other Zeldas) but it really is so weird and unique that I can't help but appreciate it. GRRR THAT FUCKING MOON

although minish cap just has a special place in my heart because i was so addicted to it <33

This thread doesn't have enough bitching and debating...

We've brought up the timeline, voice acting, and Zelda/Sheik without inciting a twenty long page debate. I love you guys.

Link, like the Fallout heroes, is not mute, we just don't hear him TALK.

Link already has a voice. You want to know what he sounds like? Play Soul Calibur in Japanese. Watch Sigfried. Be informed.

/mind blown

But yeah, Link def. talks. Even in ALttP, you get stuff like:

"Ohai Link waht's up?"
"....."
"The Master Sword? What's that?"
"..."
"Oh, well you'll probably have to..."

Characters always react to him saying something, we just don't see what it is. But I'm with Null -- the fandom just needs to suck it up and get over it.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Oh, yeah, I'm totally with you and Null. My point is, he's had a voice for ages, we just don't hear it when he talks... for some reason. Only when he fights. Link already has a defined identity, he already has a defined VOICE for child, adult, and SD forms.
Just... let him have a voice already.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
OoT will always be my favorite. God damn game sucks me in every time, it never loses it's feeling. Every part of that game is fun. It also holds a lot of memories, one of the games I grew up with as a kid. BD And everyone remembers certain things about it. Such as, how fucking annoying the Water Temple was.

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
OoT will always be my favorite. God damn game sucks me in every time, it never loses it's feeling. Every part of that game is fun. It also holds a lot of memories, one of the games I grew up with as a kid. BD And everyone remembers certain things about it. Such as, how fucking annoying the Water Temple was.
it literally took me 7 years to beat that goddamn temple because i was so confused as to how to get that last small key

it knocked OoT a little lower, tragically

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Lol, isn't it possible to lose one small key in that temple that can fuck you over? I read that about one of the temples, I just can't remember which. I think it was either that one, or the forest one. FOREST TEMPLE WAS AWESOME BTW.

Yeah, that temple took me forever, especially back as a kid when the internet wasn't so heavily relied on. ( I mean compared to today ) I couldn't just hope online and google the answer. xD I remember getting the strategy guide for my birthday and being so damn happy! Lawl.

I must be one of the few who had little to no trouble with the Water Temple. :huh:
Sure, it's a bit tedious but I didn't mind. Back then, at least.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Yeah, I recall I had a little trouble with the last key, but then I checked my map and canvassed the place. Had it ten minutes later.

Also, your shade+ Hammertime= Fun.

TP might well be my favorite thus far.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
The water temple was annoying, but playing it in Master Quest is just askljfasl;fjasl;fa WHY

Also the more I look at Skyward Sword the more I like it. I do like the Impressionist influence and it's a nice balance between Toon!link/fucking hardcore Adult!Link.

but then I even liked Toon Link even back when everyone was raging at him, I thought he was adorable ;o;

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Iiiiiiiiiiiiiii generally do not follow Zelda games whilst they're in development cause the fandom hate gets so raegy. As such, I know pretty much nothing about Skyward Sword. :monster:

That and I generally only use my Wii to play horror games. IT'S INTENSE SHIT

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
This is true. A million hearts are breaking because SS is placed earlier than Ocarina, but apparently some people are still clinging to the notion Ocarina happened before it despite the fact that the origin of the Master Sword would logically come first.

IDK ABOUT DEM ZELDA FANS

But all I know about it so far is that it looks pretty and the sword is a female like creature. I really just want them to reveal pics of Zelda, and I will be appeased. :sadpanda:

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
This is true. A million hearts are breaking because SS is placed earlier than Ocarina, but apparently some people are still clinging to the notion Ocarina happened before it despite the fact that the origin of the Master Sword would logically come first.

IDK ABOUT DEM ZELDA FANS

But all I know about it so far is that it looks pretty and the sword is a female like creature. I really just want them to reveal pics of Zelda, and I will be appeased. :sadpanda:

Zelda IS THE SWORD.
:dun dun dun:
I would like to see her and have her be Tetra proactive in this one.

The game is post Minish Cap, since Link has the distinctive cap. Makes me wonder, what about the Four sword? And what about the Four Sword in the WW timeline?

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
The game is post Minish Cap, since Link has the distinctive cap. Makes me wonder, what about the Four sword? And what about the Four Sword in the WW timeline?

Four Sword had Vaati in it too, right? iirc, all the games where Vaati is a villain come before the Ganondorf storylines, but I can't remember if there was an exact order to it.

ALSO SOMEONE HELP ME OUT HERE. I need to know I'm not going crazy. I remember years back, I can't even remember which Zelda game was coming out at the time but it looked TP-ish (although I don't think it was that particular game), in that there was a girl in a cloak looking out of a dungeon tower, describing the legend that had been passed down among her family. I remember it being really cool and that's about it, but I can't find it on youtube anywhere. Now when you type in "live action zelda" you just get that goddamn fake movie trailer.

Katara

GO JUMP IN THE RIVER!
AKA
Wolfie
Four Sword had Vaati in it too, right? iirc, all the games where Vaati is a villain come before the Ganondorf storylines, but I can't remember if there was an exact order to it.

ALSO SOMEONE HELP ME OUT HERE. I need to know I'm not going crazy. I remember years back, I can't even remember which Zelda game was coming out at the time but it looked TP-ish (although I don't think it was that particular game), in that there was a girl in a cloak looking out of a dungeon tower, describing the legend that had been passed down among her family. I remember it being really cool and that's about it, but I can't find it on youtube anywhere. Now when you type in "live action zelda" you just get that goddamn fake movie trailer.

Supposedly the creators of the game have a top-secret document that has the LoZ timeline laid out, but that might be something the fandom made up. Then again it wouldn't really surprise me, I'd probably need some kind of visual lineup if there is a universe split because of Ocarina.

That was probably around the time of TP, since for...well, 90% of the game Zelda is in a cloak in a tower. If it was live action it may have just been a fan-made response to the TP preview, I can't find anything similar to what you're talking about either. :c

I'm a fan of th series but I'm not the kind that will declare war on anyone because a game is happening before OoT. >>

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu

No, FSA is not Pre-Ganondorf. In fact, FSA is post initial Ganondorf and after he's been reborn once.

Does not ring bells. You sure it's not TP?

Supposedly the creators of the game have a top-secret document that has the LoZ timeline laid out, but that might be something the fandom made up. Then again it wouldn't really surprise me, I'd probably need some kind of visual lineup if there is a universe split because of Ocarina.

Not if the split is 'Wind waker, Phantom, Spirit' and 'Everything else.

I'm a fan of th series but I'm not the kind that will declare war on anyone because a game is happening before OoT. >>

But there's already one!

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
No, FSA is not Pre-Ganondorf. In fact, FSA is post initial Ganondorf and after he's been reborn once.
Ah, okay. Couldn't remember off the top of my head.

Does not ring bells. You sure it's not TP?
Might have been, now that I'm thinking about it more. But I still can't find it. :C

Anyway I have fanart and stuff that I wanted to dump here but first things first:

LinkDE.jpg

rp_castlelife0001.jpg

I'd play it.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Well, I don't have much in the way of fan art, but here's my favorite Zelda character.

I wish he would have been in TP beyond a cameo (that would have been the perfect game for him)

darklinkbk.jpg

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Does Dark Link count as his own character, though?

I have a few fanart of him actually, but mostly with Zelda.

sm-1-04.jpg

tumblr_labg5xwNjk1qzbk4mo1_500.jpg

14-1.png

sm-1-02.jpg

sheik.jpg

Sheik_by_Fimbulwinter_Wolf.jpg

sheik2.jpg

sm-1-13.jpg

Top Bottom