The Legend of Zelda (General)

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Ava, Spike Spiegel, Stella Nox Fleuret, Altair Ibn-La'Ahad, Princess Zelda, Alice, Raven Roth, Faye Valentine, Tifa Lockhart, Khal Drogo
Fuck this, I'm reviving it.

No LoZ thread dies. It gets resurrected as Zombie!Zelda. And we all know what an evil bitch she was in TP. :awesome:

So. LoZ: OoT was my very first videogame. EVAR. At least, that I beat alone. Street Fighter as Chun-Li kicking my brother's ass on his SNES when I was five doesn't count.

Played it at my cousin's house. Begged my momma for an N64 and the game. She told me she'd only buy it if my report card was good. So all year, I slaved away in elementary school. The day I got it was like Christmas morning, even though it was July.

I love Zelda. I love Link. OTP. Don't mess wid it. I beat TP a while ago and thought it was so damn awesome, totally was worth buying the Wii just to play it. :awesome: So uhm.

Fanart, yes?

13089090.jpg

14488676.png

16373752.jpg

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
WELL SINCE AVA TOOK THE TIME TO DIG THIS THREAD OUT OF ITS GRAVE <3

My first LoZ game was actually Link's Awakening. Which didn't have Zelda in it. Then I was all confused and like several people thought Link was Zelda. whoops

then OoT blew my mind. I sorta skipped around with the rest of the series but I love it all. Except maybe Zelda II because I JUST CANNOT. I MEAN REALLY. HERE'S MY WHITE FLAG. THIS IS THE DEFINITION OF NINTENDO HARD.

I beat TP a while ago and thought it was so damn awesome, totally was worth buying the Wii just to play it.

My interest in the Wii literally hinged on Zelda games.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
But its so much better on Gamecube....I played the GC version on a Wii, so I'm not necessarily saying the Wii isn't worth purchasing. Just that if you already have a GC, Twilight Princess is better on that.

Given that I don't see how Skyward Sword will resolve any of the issues I have with Wii!Twilight Princess, I'm a bit wary of it. But we'll see... I'm not interested it throwing my arm around for 40 hours for sword combat and Link is lefthanded! :catfight:

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Ava, Spike Spiegel, Stella Nox Fleuret, Altair Ibn-La'Ahad, Princess Zelda, Alice, Raven Roth, Faye Valentine, Tifa Lockhart, Khal Drogo
Yeah, I never bothered with the Gamecube. Because I was young, jobless and it was expensive. D:

In what way is it better? Just curious.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SKYWARD SWORD. ITS MIDNA-LESS. :D Better than TP already. :P

Oh and Zee, don't worry; my first playthrough of OoT, I named Link "Zelda". XD

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Yeah, I never bothered with the Gamecube. Because I was young, jobless and it was expensive. D:

I guess the GC version is better in the sense that it doesn't have waggle controls. Having to shake the Wiimote to attack was pretty pointless considering it didn't control the direction of your swing and did nothing for the immersion.
Thankfully, Skyward Sword fixes that.

Also, the minigame where you control that flying creature and have to pop fruit-shaped balloons was made incredibly annoying by utilising the pointer. I mean, what would work better for flying controls than an analog stick (apart from a joystick, maybe)? Why use unprecise pointing controls? That only adds fake difficulty! :@
Ugh, hated that so much.

Apart from that, I don't mind the Wii version. =p

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
I think in general the controller for the GC is preferable. I don't mind the Wii, but I do have to say, the GC controller was brilliant and flawless. It's pretty a pretty cozy fit with the game.

(Well I don't want to speak for Vash, but that's just imo) EDIT I WAS NOT FAST ENOUGH

also now i'm gonna post awesome zelda remixes cause i love zelda music mmk

to quote one of the comments: "get your mind right because at 30 seconds your shit is GONE"

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
i leik zelda and link in some of the games (ww canon, oracle of ages/seasons, oot) but some games i just don't see it, like in tp she seems way too mature for his country bumpkin ass. also maybe links awakening it's not canon but since that was some sort of weird dream i do not know what is real anymore in that game

BUT BESIDES THAT MAJORA'S MASK IS MY FAVORITE GAME SERIOUSLY

I SEE WE'RE GONNA HAVE TO GET INTO A FANDOM FIGHT NOW. WHIP OUT YOUR REACTION GIFS

Big_fight.gif

Last edited:

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
also now i'm gonna post awesome zelda remixes cause i love zelda music mmk

to quote one of the comments: "get your mind right because at 30 seconds your shit is GONE"

Where the fuck is the thanks x100000 button?! I loved the music. It was so amazing, for midi styled sound. Srsly reminds me I need to download the music for both TP and OoT!

Thanks for the clarification, gaiz. Too bad I don't own a damn gamecube. :\

That game with the bird! I must have replayed it so many damn times just to beat it. So. Frustrating.

Yeah, TP really downplayed my OTP. I blame Midna. :catfight:
But I loved her characterization in that game; she was much more demure and classy when compared to the other titles. She wasn't some snobby stuck up spoiled princess; she was actually willing to go beyond everything if only to protect her peeps and Hyrule. :) Plus, I still fangasmed at the Zelink interactions in it.

Question though; when Zelda 'healed' Midna, what did she do exactly? Call me a n00b but I never really understood that bit. Something to do with her heart? Huh? :huh:

Song I will forever be addicted to:
WHY SO PRETTY AND SAD, ZELLIE? WAI? :(

BRING IT. :lightningpunch:

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
SO I HERD YOU LIEK ZELDA MUSIC?

How about a 30 minute Symphonic Poem then?

I attended this concert and it was awesome. :D

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
WELL SINCE AVA TOOK THE TIME TO DIG THIS THREAD OUT OF ITS GRAVE <3

My first LoZ game was actually Link's Awakening. Which didn't have Zelda in it. Then I was all confused and like several people thought Link was Zelda. whoops

then OoT blew my mind. I sorta skipped around with the rest of the series but I love it all. Except maybe Zelda II because I JUST CANNOT. I MEAN REALLY. HERE'S MY WHITE FLAG. THIS IS THE DEFINITION OF NINTENDO HARD.

Really? I know it's probably the hardest game in the series, but it's certainly doable.

But its so much better on Gamecube....I played the GC version on a Wii, so I'm not necessarily saying the Wii isn't worth purchasing. Just that if you already have a GC, Twilight Princess is better on that.

Given that I don't see how Skyward Sword will resolve any of the issues I have with Wii!Twilight Princess, I'm a bit wary of it. But we'll see... I'm not interested it throwing my arm around for 40 hours for sword combat and Link is lefthanded! :catfight:

So play it left handed, damnit!

Zelda, only you can save Zelda...

i leik zelda and link in some of the games (ww canon, oracle of ages/seasons, oot) but some games i just don't see it, like in tp she seems way too mature for his country bumpkin ass. also maybe links awakening it's not canon but since that was some sort of weird dream i do not know what is real anymore in that game

LA is canon, but the events in it were in a wierd surreality like MM. Also, Link/Girl from home is the pairing for TP. They smacked you in the head with it enough.
Link's Adventure, FSA, WW/PH it definitely turns out Z/L.

BUT BESIDES THAT MAJORA'S MASK IS MY FAVORITE GAME SERIOUSLY

BRB, need to go back in time, turn into a fish, and help a child and a woman get married.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Navi wannabe? Why would anyone wanna be that little piece of shit? Midna runs circles around Navi. She is infinitely less annoying, says something marginally helpful once in a blue moon (which is still more that Navi can say), and most importantly: SHUTS UP WHEN YOU DON'T WANT TO TALK TO HER.

and she's hawt

:monster:

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Aya <3 Thank you for understanding that Midna is a useless creature. :D

Ryu, if you are implying that Link goes with this nasty thing growing off of Epona's ass:
5b4d123407e5802f455794bf49397d65.wix_mp

Poor, poor Link. Even though I don't like Midna, even I can admit Ilia pales in comparison to her. D:

Yech.

SHUTS UP WHEN YOU DON'T WANT TO TALK TO HER.
Just about her only redeeming quality.

:awesome:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Ryu, if you are implying that Link goes with this nasty thing growing off of Epona's ass:
5b4d123407e5802f455794bf49397d65.wix_mp

Poor, poor Link. Even though I don't like Midna, even I can admit Ilia pales in comparison to her. D:

Yech.

If I am, then... what? You didn't finish.

And I never said you had to like it or even that I did. Just that the game hammered that home a lot more than any Zelda or Midna shipping (But far less than Zelda/Midna shipping.)

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
No it didn't. PROOFZ. I DEMAND THEE OF IT. D<

Then, poor Link. That's what I meant. :P

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Question though; when Zelda 'healed' Midna, what did she do exactly? Call me a n00b but I never really understood that bit. Something to do with her heart? Huh?
She filled her dark soul with light, obviously.

Yeah, TP really downplayed my OTP. I blame Midna.
It isn't like every game is meant to be 'Link and Zelda are together forever!' or anything like that. To assume that each game is meant to set up the two in a romantic dynamic is downplaying the diversity of relationships that can exist between two people.

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Twas in jest, my friend. :glomp:I don't hate Midna, actually. She isn't my fave character but it actually has little to do with her interference with Zelda and Link(which she really doesn't do). :\ I just found her annoying at times.

Honestly, TP had no, if little romance at all. The relationships were all different and unique and I can still enjoy a game for that. Romance aside, I adore this series and even if they paired Link with fucking Ganon romantically, it would do little to ruin a great game to me.

Well, my first serious post. World record :P

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Twas in jest, my friend. :glomp:I don't hate Midna, actually. She isn't my fave character but it actually has little to do with her interference with Zelda and Link(which she really doesn't do). :\ I just found her annoying at times.
She does interact with the both of them: it's clear from the beginning that she does deeply admire Princess Zelda, and her admiration only grows when she sacrifices herself for Midna. And to say she doesn't interact with Link... well it seemed obvious from the game they had a very well built friendship by the end of the game, at the very least.

Honestly, TP had no, if little romance at all. The relationships were all different and unique and I can still enjoy a game for that. Romance aside, I adore this series and even if they paired Link with fucking Ganon romantically, it would do little to ruin a great game to me.
Well, it's certainly not upfront with its romances like Oracle of Seasons/Ages was with its own romance, but to say that had none seems a little naive to me.

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
She does interact with the both of them: it's clear from the beginning that she does deeply admire Princess Zelda, and her admiration only grows when she sacrifices herself for Midna. And to say she doesn't interact with Link... well it seemed obvious from the game they had a very well built friendship by the end of the game, at the very least.

Well, it's certainly not upfront with its romances like Oracle of Seasons/Ages was with its own romance, but to say that had none seems a little naive to me.

Woah, misunderstanding x10. I never said she doesn't interact with them. D: WTF, that's so insane. I said she doesn't interfere with them. As in, from my previous claim that she got in the way of my OTP. It was a joke. D:

As for whether it had romance or not, I also said it had none, if little. So yeah, if you interpret it in a way, there is some romance (although, I'd agree with Ryu that more points to Illia than Midna/Zelda but not in a canon way).

I never tried to claim that OMG MIDNA SUX AND SHE MEANS NOTHING TO LINK!!111 ZELINKS FTW!11!!

I apologize if that is how it came off sounding. My serious opinion is this:

Midna and Link had a pretty close bond; she meant a lot to him after everything they go through together and how he helps her selflessly. She also develops a bond with Zelda because part of her lives on inside of Midna. Do I think Midna/Link is romantic? No, but I can see where the possibility stems from. Do I believe Zelink is romantic in TP? Not really, they barely interact in the game and Zelda is more focused on saving her Kingdom rather than love. Something I adored about her character and which was much different from previous installments.

Illia is about the only female Link seems to have any semblance of romantic feelings for, albeit, it's barely even anything concrete. And, he is seen riding away from the village and therefore, away from her. So no, I don't think it's canon.

Does any of this change the fact that I adored this game and have played it numerous times? Absolutely not.

I hope that cleared things up.

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
inorite? Me being srs is just no fun. D:

I apologize for that.

Back to interesting stuffs!

I adored this song my first time playing through the game. :D Anyone got other faves to share?

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
SO ANYWAYS MAJORA'S MASK

I honestly love helping people in that game. I have played the game over and over getting the perfect schedule for saving/helping everyone and I just played it over and over just because I felt so good that I had helped so many people even though they were a little doomed unless I beat Majora.

So I really, honestly, adored this game.

that was mostly cause it freaked me out a bit during the bit when it suddenly got loud.

Last edited:
Top Bottom