The Legend of Zelda (General)

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
The range of emotions the trailer sends you through is really crazy - dread, wonder, excitement, awe.

Every new single ability looks fluid and natural - whatever that ground phasing thing was, for one. But also the flamethrower was really slick.

This also is a good opportunity to take to the skies properly after Skyward Sword’s sky felt limited :monster:
Consider me even more curious. This feels exactly like what a sequel should be.

Omg floating islands?! AHHHH I love sky settings! Pleasepleaseplease deliver in terms of exploration. Skyward Sword’s bland sky world was so disappointing, but maybe this will be what SS should have been? I’m not going to delude myself into thinking there will ever be a Skies of Arcadia 2, but I’ve always been hoping for something to scratch that sort of itch in terms of floating islands + sense of adventure. Cautiously hyped.

I wish the trailer was longer but oh well. Link’s look is interesting. His clothing kind of reminds me of a Team Ico protagonist (specifically the boy from The Last Guardian).

This and Elden Ring are gonna consume my life lol

I'm still kind of holding out hope for Zelda being playable in some capacity, but I know deep down that it's a long shot. Her being totally sidelined would be disappointing, but it wouldn't surprise me at all.

I don't know what some people seem to have against the weapon durability in BotW. I was super skeptical of the concept at first, but it worked for the game. Some actual issues, IMO, were the enemy and weapon variety (yeah, there were lots of weapons, but essentially like three? or so movesets).

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Quality of Life trailer.

• Optional Help from Fi.
  • Enhanced Control Options.
  • Enhanced Frame Rates for Smoother Gameplay.
  • Fast-Forward Dialogue.
  • Streamlined Item Information.
  • Skipable Cutscenes.

Asterisk

AKA
Azzure, Hyades
Remembered to pre-order SSHD the other day. Kind of a shame I'm pretty sure i'm never going to be able to get my hands on those joy cons or even one of the loftwing amiibo to add to my collection that now takes up almost an entire wall in my room. I still have the golden Zelda wii mote that came with the special edition for the Wii though.

I'm honestly not sure how I'm going to fare with the motion controls again, or just try and play with the modified controller input. I remember punching a shelf that I had above my chair a lot when I played it originally.

At this point too, I'm almost actually hoping for another collection with the 3D Zelda games packaged together, kind of like the collection that they put out for the Game Cube back then.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
So I've been replaying OOT lately for no reason in particular. Just feeling nostalgic and craving that sweet, sweet N64 crunchy polygon style lol.

A while ago, I saw a video about a "secret" 37th heart piece in the game that exists in a scene set up for Gerudo's Fortress when you're young Link, a place you can't normally get to in the child era.

It is possible to get it via a lot of glitches and tricks, so I wanted to give it a shot. I followed the instructions in this video:

I got all the way to the last step, but only then realized that using bobchus out of bounds actually crashes the game on an actual N64. Bummer. After some looking, I found a video with basically no views that did it a bit differently:

and, well

20211110_132449.jpg
20211110_132502.jpg
20211110_132519.jpg

It is now possible, with arbitrary code execution, to become human in the First Cycle of Majora's Mask.

Achieving SRM (Stale Reference Manipulation) has long been a challenge in First Cycle because Deku Link can't even pick up objects. Türkenheimer found a method that involves the magic bubbles that Deku Link can shoot. Combining heap manipulation, SRM and a specific filename to write to memory, items like the Goron Mask become available. Equip Goron Mask, de-equip it and now you will be playing as normal/human/Hylian Link.

Even though ACE (Arbitrary Code Execution) was discovered just below two years ago for MM it has taken up until now for "Human in First Cycle" to be unlocked. This will greatly impact MM speedrunning categories where ACE is employed.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Speaking of MM, I just finished that now lol. No fun stuff like the extra heart piece this time though.

I am actually furious to this day that you can only use Fierce Deity Link in the boss fights. It's the coolest goddamn form Link ever gets, I wanna run around termina eviscerating's the souls of all the enemies with my overpowered bullshit. I went back and fought all the bosses with it out of spite, and let me tell you, 3/4 of them are so heavily reliant on their gimmicks that it barely works, especially Goht, and Odolwa goes down so fast it's not even fun. At least I got to be evil and hold the Deku princess hostage in a bottle the whole time lol.

Also, back to Ocarina, the ice arrows are the most useless thing ever, huh? Nintendo got some mileage out of them in MM, but in oot they really serve no purpose. In the overdump, we saw they had planned arrow types to accompany each Adult temple (wind ((before it became the forest temple)), shadow, Spirit) No wonder they ditched that, they didn't even know what to do with three kinds.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Anything is possible with glitches and dreams btw.
20211120_043047.jpg
20211120_043138.jpg
20211120_044045.jpg
20211120_044710.jpg
He's so tall lol. I never realised. This isn't a perfect solution though. Certain NPCs like the bombers freeze the game because they don't have reactions programmed for him and don't default to generic dialog. He also can't leave Clocktown because the guards block him for some reason. Him being so tall prevents him from using some doors too, like I am literally trapped in the inn lol. He can also grab onto the stairs from the underside because he's so tall, there are probably other issues like that.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
the Space World '97 demo recreation has been released.
I find it interesting how Link was just generally better in the early version. He could jump, he could swing his sword while running, the shield blocked attacks even without holding the shield button, his hat was more animated... wonder why they cut those features?

Last edited:
Top Bottom