AKA
Howl
D'aw, you guys. =3

images

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Hey Jason, just something I thought of today while going through the prompts to decide what I want to do; you said we can use any and as many of the prompts as we'd like, right? Does that mean we can combine the fan art with the fan fiction prompts, or do you want those two category prompts to be used separately?

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Sure thats fine by me! I just wrote those specifically for fanart or fanfiction but you can use any.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Okay! Thank you!
I don't know if I'll combine the two categories, but if I had an idea like that, I wanted to make sure I could do it first. ^.^

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Okay.... I think I know what I'm gonna do for the contest now. It's going to be fanart after some deliberation and (finally) a good idea. :awesome:

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
So guys we're at the halfway mark of this competition. How's ya'lls works going? Anybody else involved wanna give an update?

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
^ I was wondering too...if we don't have too many participants we could probably advertise the competition on DA...although that would make it less of a close-knit community thing.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I have a rough sketch of my picture so far; I hope it comes out as good as it looks in my head. :awesome:
And I hope to see more of us enter here! I haven't entered a contest in a long time, but a contest for fanart on here was too hard to pass up. Especially once I actually got an idea.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Hey guys, to allow a second round of promotion and hopefully see a few more entrants into this thing, We have extended the submission date to October 25th. Voting will be from October 26th-October 30th

Kionae

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Desha
So guys we're at the halfway mark of this competition. How's ya'lls works going? Anybody else involved wanna give an update?

I'm working on something... but not finding a lot of inspiration, so it's slow going. We'll see. :)

RedFFWolf

Donator
I can only apologise. In a previous thread I as good as said I would enter, but my current state of affairs has allowed me just about enough time to work on what I was working on before this (and even then, I'm further behind than expected). I wanted to at least add to the bulk of the competition; i.e., be another entry to boost numbers. If time allows it, I might try, but it's not looking likely anymore

Team_Wingless

Unauthorized Tie-in Novelist
Got stuff planned, but in the middle of a housing crisis (no pun intended) so it's my last priority. Hashtag-iloveny >_<

RedFFWolf

Donator
Okey-doke. I've had a look at the prompts again. As much potential for great stories as there is in the fanart prompts (as I believe it was said to be okay to use the other prompts), I'm gonna stick with the fanfic prompts (heck, going for the former would involve too much commitment - I know I'd end up diving too deep, considering the time remaining :P)

Between all the boring-life work I have coming these next two weeks, as well as editing my aunt's novel, it's going to be a short one, but feck it I'm throwing my hand in and going for Prompt #4, the "Faustian bargain".

I have an idea that may require me leaning off the word "forced" a little, but it still happens, of course. That, and the challenge is making it seem all the more "Halloweeny" - but, a well-executed story and character engagement should hopefully carry it across as
(or whatever springs into the mind when one thinks of Halloween)
in a very different yet nonetheless striking way.
I just have to actually write an engaging and believable story :P - that's the bit I'll need xD

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
My entry is in the works, and all I can say is thank God for the delayed deadline. :awesome:
I'm going mainly for prompt #4 of the fanart, with someone creating a hell inside their own minds, but I'm also loosely using prompts #1 and #3 for the fanart as well, with the 'character as a monster' and 'a place changing drastically in the night', in a sense.
Also using a slight reimagining of prompt #2 from the fan fiction, on where the ghosts want you to do a permanent lifestyle change to join them. But... They may not be friendly.... :awesome:

Well anyway, I'm having fun, and I'm glad I came up with an idea. Now I just have to finish the sketch and then get the detailing going

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
:awesome:

Aww, poor Penelo. I really like her, but it has to be said :P
(We know she has a place, but the fact that debate exists something, haha!)

Nice job!
This your first post, by the way? Welcome to the Forums, if so! :)

Haha poor Penelo! I actually really like her and Vaan but since someone pointed out how unimportant they are it's all I can see and it cracks me up. :lol:

But why do their designs have to be SO complicated and detailed?! Her clothes took me forrrevverr to get right. Bleh.

Thank you! :)

Yes! I'm new here. Hi everyone!

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Only one week left and not many submissions... we may just combine both categories and award a first and second place prize. Any writers out there, let's make it happen! Deadline is the 25th!

RedFFWolf

Donator
^ I've been set behind by work and family problems (to say the least). But, I do have a story started, and I'll be free Tuesday to Friday to bang the rest of it out. Even if I don't get to edit it much at all, one way or another I'll have a finished entry for the 25th. It just might be 23:59, Oct 25 :monster:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
So quick question, do we have all day of the 25th to finish our entries? I want to be sure; mine's about halfway done, and I'm going to be working a lot this week and won't have a lot of time to work on it, but I want to finish it for the deadline. And um... when does voting start?
If I was a day late after the deadline, could I still enter it in, just in case?

Last week and this week are just a ton more busier for me than usual... I've been spending more time doing my children book illustrations than anything else, so drawing on my submission is a little behind. ;_;

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Well I'll put the voting up on the morning (my morning) of the 26th, so pretty much, yeah

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
It just so happens that I'm seeing this thread as I have a yawning expanse of free time and five days until the deadline....I'll see what I can throw together.

RedFFWolf

Donator
Knowing I won't be free much tomorrow, and that I'm working Saturday & Sunday, I've worked pretty hard today and managed to shit spit out a first draft :monster:

So, the entry will be there for sure. I'm just going to take whatever remaining time I got to edit bits here and there. It's just under 7,500 words at the moment - with approx. 5,000 of those written today :monster: - so, shan't be too much of a bother. I just gotta make sure the plot ties up neatly at the end, as that was the bit I rushed through most :)

Top Bottom