• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The Lifestream Halloween Fanworks Contest

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
We pushed the deadline to the 25th so yeah, I'll accept them. Just post links below!

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
If they're fan works than incorporate the FF universe in some way then I'm okay with that, but again make sure they match one or more of the prompts

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Jason can I have my OCs cosplay as FF characters? Or should I protray ff characters with Halloween costumes?

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
OCs dressing up as FF characters? That's actually pretty funny. I'd be down for that!

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Submission

So I did a quick sketch of Elena having a rendering nightmare. :monster:

Attachments

• Elenas nightmare.jpg
    Elenas nightmare.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 17

RedFFWolf

Donator
While I continue to have some reservations regarding my title, I am now happy to present my Fanfic piece!

All in all (having gone through the classic phases of "this is on to something" to "this work represents the decline in my life", culminating in the humble "it is as is - I just hope others like it"), I enjoyed writing this. So thank you for making this competition!
I went for a slightly different approach in how I presented/wrote it, considering its short length, so I hope as a whole it shines through and y'all get something out of it :)

Fanfiction Prompt #4: A character is forced to make a Faustian bargain with the Devil. It can be the real deal or a more metaphorical devil.

Enjoy :)

The Passion of the Stigma

Characters:
Barret Wallace, Rufus Shinra, Reno, Rude, Tifa Lockhart, Nanaki, Cid Highwind, Marlene Wallace

Outline: There was no getting off this train until the end of the line. The cargo was too precious to abandon. But the fare was due, and in time the inspectors would catch and fine him with what he held most dear. Is a potential deal the solution?

Synopsis:
Marlene has the stigma. While Barret spends his time with her, his business consequently takes a hit. An alleged cure is circulating, but management at the Healen Lodge only helps those offering greater sums of money. When a financial opportunity arises, Barret is willing to take the offer, but it was no easy decision to make - for to work with this provider would be to oppose his very being, where giving in may mean losing something very valuable.

Word Count: 7,360

DISCLAIMER I: Outline may or may not be entirely metaphorical
DISCLAIMER II: Outline confirmed to be entirely metaphorical :monster:

(If anyone gets around to reading it, I would really love & appreciate some feedback - a simple "I read and liked/disliked it" is enough even :D)

Last edited:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I'm still drawing mine. Shit I should've written something instead. :wacky:
I'll be spending several hours tomorrow to finish this; I like it too much to just give up. :monster:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
I am ashamed to admit I haven't drawn the details yet just sketched them up.

@Howl and Jason: Which characters should I use? Time travellers or Thieves?

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Shadelocke, Kiri, Tetsujin, Kev and Sylene off to steal some shit from Kefka and Sephiroth.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Holy shit, I finally finished it! Here it is! :wacky: http://bahamutdeusmodus.deviantart.com/art/Judge-Zecht-568405951
judge_zecht_by_bahamutdeusmodus-d9eewu7.jpg

To reiterate...
I mainly picked the prompt #4 of the fanart, with someone creating a hell inside their own minds, but I'm also loosely using prompts #1 and #3 for the fanart as well, with the 'character as a monster' and 'a place changing drastically in the night', in a sense.
Also using a slight re-imagining of prompt #2 from the fan fiction, on where the ghosts want you to do a permanent lifestyle change to join them.

I decided to do a piece for/of Reddas, from FFXII. I've been playing the game recently and after meeting him, I realized which character I wanted to draw, what the scene needed to depict, and what prompts I would use. Since he was once Judge Zecht, and used the Midlight Shard which ended up destroying the entire city of Nabudis, I figured his mind has to relive the hell and guilt he felt for doing that day after day.
I felt like he could imagine the dead and dying of Nabudis's hatred for him, their rage and desire for revenge, thus why their tortured spirits are drifting behind his head here.
On the left, Reddas is in present time, remembering the moment, and gradually his old Judge helmet begins to form on his head as it goes further right, to then show the tortured souls, the Midlight Shard, and the day he destroyed the city from atop a nearby airship, when tornadoes and lightning, fire and earthquakes, and Mist swept in to obliterate everything.

So I like this, but I'm not entirely happy with the layout. However I've run out of time, so this will have to make do. >,< It['s not the greatest, but I had a lot of fun. Hope you all like it!

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
I'm gonna start piecing together the voting screen at around noon my time, so if there are any other last minute entries, you have 10 hours to get them on this thread.

Kionae

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Desha
Sadly, I don't think mine is going to make it. I have been ridiculously busy the past few weeks and just didn't get very far with it. :(

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Same. Some bad stuff came up but I'll post it later, sorry to let all down. =___=

Top Bottom