The smell of mako

Neutron Ronnie

From The Front of Armament
AKA
Powerslave
It's like asking 'What does electricity smell like?'

The answer is it smells like you are philosophising over the scent of a fictional enrgy source and you will probably never have a girlfriend.
I was under the impression that the main point of this forum was to discuss various aspects of a game that not only features said fictional energy source, but is also wholly fictional itself. :)

Anyway, I had hoped it would smell something nice, like earth, or grass, or water (yes, water sometimes has a smell. A nice smell.) But perhaps the smell starts to get a bit sickening when the mako is extra-concentrated.

Sephiroth seems to dislike the smell, but Aerith didn't seem to have a problem with it... I mean, from the opening of Final Fantasy VII.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
I'm sure there's a difference between the byproduct of the Mako in the Midgar alley and the Mako in a very old, malfunctioning reactor. It's probably not the Mako itself that has a smell, but the byproduct of its manufacture by a reactor.

It smells like soylent green. I mean technically it would, wouldn't it? :P

For srs though, I guess it would really depend on where it was, like I think a Mako Reactor would smell different than say, if you switched on a light bulb or used an engine which was Mako powered (like on a car or aircraft).

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
I was under the impression that the main point of this forum was to discuss various aspects of a game that not only features said fictional energy source, but is also wholly fictional itself. :)
woah woah seriouz bizniz

And I think mako smells like KFC or watermelon.

Well done Celes. Raising a thread from the grave that hasn’t had a new post in over 9 years. Takes guts man, takes guts. I’ve thought about it before since I am definitely a necro-bumper, but I refrained. 😂 It’s a dirty job, but someones gotta do it.

Never really gave it thought, to be honest. But if I had to take a wild guess I’d guess that it probably smells about as pleasant as our chemical plants in Houston...

Celes777

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Well done Celes. Raising a thread from the grave that hasn’t had a new post in over 9 years. Takes guts man, takes guts. I’ve thought about it before since I am definitely a necro-bumper, but I refrained. 😂 It’s a dirty job, but someones gotta do it.

Never really gave it thought, to be honest. But if I had to take a wild guess I’d guess that it probably smells about as pleasant as our chemical plants in Houston...
Oh crap I was not looking at the date. Will I get banned!? I know some forum has rules against digging up old thread!
(Runnig away on Shera

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
Hmmm...not something I’ve ever thought of, Lic. Good question. XD

I’d say it smells like...maybe...coolant? Like sort of sweet smelling so you don’t realize it’s toxic?

Derrr I just realized this is old. XD

AKA
Hououin Kyouma
Not sure if anyone has ever had reverse osmosis water (tap is shit where I'm at), but when I saw the thread title I imagined it smelling like that. I think it may be the smell of ions? Or maybe it's just ozone smell, as mentioned above. If I had to describe at the risk of sounding hokey, it smells like "the intersection of nature and machine."

Last edited:
Top Bottom