Things that piss you off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
LOST NOT GIBING ME ANY CLEAR ANSWERS RIGHT NOW. (middle of season1)

tbh this is a good sort of pissed off feeling :monster:

It gets even better. The show is one of the best mindfucks in the history of television. Possibly the best, but I’m not well versed enough in the history of television to speculate (for instance, I haven’t seen The Prisoner).

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
They don't look like they are complaining in that article, just clarifying for someone who wrote an email. But, I want to beat you in excessive font size.
I wasn't referring to Snopes, I was referring to Michael Savage and other similar dickheads. Guess I should have made that clearer :oscar:

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Regardless of political hackery, it is neither meaningless nor trivial for the Commander in Chief to skip Arlington on Memorial Day.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
I'd say that given that three of the four presidents that preceded Obama skipped Arlington at least once, it is extremely trivial and meaningless. Especially since Obama still went to a military cemetery.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Yes because it's great for Obama to be doing what the dudes before him were doing.

128680769889318844.jpg

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Ⓐaron;234979 said:
I'd say that given that three of the four presidents that preceded Obama skipped Arlington at least once, it is extremely trivial and meaningless. Especially since Obama still went to a military cemetery.

Past presidents skipping it justifies nothing, especially when they were on holiday. The day and the POTUS are a symbol to those serving, and we are at war. Finding a local military cemetery makes it look like he can't be bothered to interrupt his vacation. I realize that those who haven't worn the uniform are foreign to the concept of morale, but again, the gesture is not lost on people who are expected to put themselves in harms way. Especially to label it trivial and meaningless.

Kudos to Clinton for making the trip every year, and GWB for making best efforts. GHWB is a prick for taking us to war and not ever making the trip.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Past presidents skipping it justifies nothing, especially when they were on holiday. The day and the POTUS are a symbol to those serving, and we are at war. Finding a local military cemetery makes it look like he can't be bothered to interrupt his vacation. I realize that those who haven't worn the uniform are foreign to the concept of morale, but again, the gesture is not lost on people who are expected to put themselves in harms way. Especially to label it trivial and meaningless.

Kudos to Clinton for making the trip every year, and GWB for making best efforts. GHWB is a prick for taking us to war and not ever making the trip.
Given all the shit he's been through over the past year, giving him flak for not wanting to interrupt his vacation is beyond retarded in my opinion. He still took time off to commemorate the day which is more than GHWB ever bothered to do. Complaining that he did it at the wrong cemetery is like whining because someone gives you a BMW instead of a Ferrari.

And I really don't see how what GWB did was any different from what Obama did.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
I'm disappointed people haven't bitched about this conversation. This is the proper topic to bitch about it in, after all.

Ⓐaron;235012 said:
Given all the shit he's been through over the past year, giving him flak for not wanting to interrupt his vacation is beyond retarded in my opinion. He still took time off to commemorate the day which is more than GHWB ever bothered to do. Complaining that he did it at the wrong cemetery is like whining because someone gives you a BMW instead of a Ferrari.

And I really don't see how what GWB did was any different from what Obama did.

Been through? Did he give his life or serve in a combat zone this year? I realize the difference between making the trip and finding the nearest convenient cemetery while on vacation is lost on most people, just like they don't see the big deal in chatting on their cell phones while the guard changes at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. It may be trivial and meaningless to you, it is NOT to many in the service.

You are correct about GWB, he did miss a year and visited Normandy instead. Making the trip back home would have been the proper thing to do.

Vossler

Voss da boss bitch
AKA
Nightmare,race driver,steel tormenter
Finding out I got screwed out of 5 hours of work. Stupid temp bitches.

Son Goku

It's my stomach, I'm hungry.
AKA
mugennagama
1. Israel's Government and military.
2. People who defend their crimes or are ignorant.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
My math homework going over something never covered in the chapter and giving me no help whatsoever on solving it.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
So Alex and I were on Skype to Omega last night.
Then we said bye and proceeded to have sexual intercourse.

The only thing is...we didn't turn off Skype.

I think I have just died of humiliation and endured my first threesome.
OK, I need to enlist Joshua here to fully get my reaction across...

3sum.png

Although, am I the only one who thinks Bex and Alex are equally cute? :awesome: nvm

@THREAD: Having a dream Saturday night/Sunday morning about a girl I've only recently got over. Wouldn't have been too bad if she hadn't smiled in "hey, how are you?" kinda way. :( ZFML.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Atleast yours in homework. My last maths exam had content our teacher never even started :no:
WHY WOULD SOMEONE EVEN DO THAT

and I'm speaking as someone who's had that shit happen to her. D:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Been through? Did he give his life or serve in a combat zone this year?
He works sixteen hours a day in one of the most stressful jobs on the planet and has been the subject of god knows how many death threats for being the first black president. Risking one's life on the battlefield isn't the only way to risk one's life for one's country.

I realize the difference between making the trip and finding the nearest convenient cemetery while on vacation is lost on most people, just like they don't see the big deal in chatting on their cell phones while the guard changes at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. It may be trivial and meaningless to you, it is NOT to many in the service.
A lot of people in the service also seem to think that having gays openly serving in the military is going to destroy morale so forgive me if the opinions of "many in the service" aren't a huge concern to me. When someone who's been under that much stress goes out of his way to commemorate an occasion, you don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
oddishness, like vines, azula, femshep, winter
not having a life.

I am actually confused as to what I am going to do in the 5 hours between the afternoon CSI marathon and the late night Criminal Minds marathon. Seriously I am off today and I have absolutely nothing to do.

There was actually something I had to do today and for the life of me I can't remember what it was.

also Catherine's horrible 90's hair in the early episodes of CSI pisses me off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom