Tifabelle's Nominee Q and A thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
In the Moderator Q and A threads, every member is allowed to ask potential moderator candidates questions to more completely gauge how you think they'd act as a mod. They are free to answer or not answer these questions as they like. I would ask that you keep the questions and answers fairly serious, since you're trying to determine if each nominee will be a good fit as a moderator. Now, don't think you can't have any fun with this, just don't completely lose the plot for jokes I'd also ask that you not use these threads to pursue vendettas or cause trouble, as it would be rude to the nominees.
Threads will remain open for half a week, after which a voting thread will be opened.

That said, this is the Q and A thread for Tifabelle, so get to it.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
someone in the debate thread reported a post, and this is seemingly because they disagree with the point they made. how do you respond?

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
I'm gonna ask all the nominees this one:

A member who you consider a close friend is being a dick/is violating the rules/being a naughty little piglet - their post/s have been reported, and you are the only mod available to deal with it.

What do?

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
Aki said:
someone in the debate thread reported a post, and this is seemingly because they disagree with the point they made. how do you respond?

"seemingly" to me? or "seemingly" to the staff as a whole? If it were just to me, I'd voice that in the discussion of the report and see what the others thought. If the post wasn't malicious, imo the thing to do would be to contact the reporter, explain our thinking, and ask them to clarify why they made the report/what it was that bothered them about the post (or invite them into that new forum to ask :awesome: ).

If the report is ultimately unfounded, I'd (we'd) simply explain that to them.

Octo said:
I'm gonna ask all the nominees this one:

A member who you consider a close friend is being a dick/is violating the rules/being a naughty little piglet - their post/s have been reported, and you are the only mod available to deal with it.

What do?

If they're blatantly violating rules, I'd dole out the appropriate infraction and tell them to knock it off. If it's being a jerk without actually breaking rules, I'd still tell them to knock it off and that if it continued I'd have to infract them.

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
Like Octo I'm going to ask everyone the same question and see who answers it best, IMO: if you were made mod what's the first thing you'd do?

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
A question for all nominees:

You discover that a member has been talking shit about TLS outside the forum, but continues to visit/post here like nothing happened. Nobody else in TLS seem to be aware about it. How will you deal with it?

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Like Octo I'm going to ask everyone the same question and see who answers it best, IMO: if you were made mod what's the first thing you'd do?

BAN EVERYONE! XD Aside from familiarizing myself with the basics (rules, control panel, etc), nothing to really do. It doesn't really require doing anything radical.

A question for all nominees:

You discover that a member has been talking shit about TLS outside the forum, but continues to visit/post here like nothing happened. Nobody else in TLS seem to be aware about it. How will you deal with it?

Nothing. They are allowed their opinions, and it wouldn't matter what happens on another site anyway. :monster:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
You have said that the previous staff reviews didn't achieve much and were largely ignored. Would you want to continue holding the reviews, and if so, how would you improve them?

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Another question for all the nominees:

What would you do to promote inclusion/encourage participation from shyer/quieter/less active members? (Not just new members)

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
Follow-up question to my first one:

I'd like to reverse Unlucky's question, kind of: TLS members have beef with each other that started outside of TLS but has now spilled out onto the forum. How would you deal with the situation? Bearing in mind that as much of the trouble occured off site and you have no frame of reference/are unable to take that into consideration?

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
what if you had to choose between me and sami

who would you pick

MUAHAHA

I WOULD CHOOSE NEITHER. I WOULD SACRIFICE MY LIFE SO YOU BOTH COULD LIIIIIVE.

Or Sami, since you're rood enough to ask such an impossible question.

Kripey is like Meryl Streep in Sophie's Choice.

You know, because she's old.

No one comes to visit me anymore :(

(ok on to the serious questions! XD )

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
You have said that the previous staff reviews didn't achieve much and were largely ignored. Would you want to continue holding the reviews, and if so, how would you improve them?

Fundamentally I don't think there's anything wrong with the staff reviews other than the fact that staff don't actually respond much (both immediately and long-term). As a staff member, I'd be certain to participate in the discussion, and annoy encourage the other staff members to do the same. And on top of that, make sure the staff are actually listening to and considering what's being said (or any overall themes seem to be in the reviews). If there appears that an individual mod or the team overall needs adjustment, I'd look to foster that change and motivate the team to move in the right directions for both the site and the community. I'm not afraid to call people out (preferably in a one-on-one setting), but I'm also big on helping people out and working together.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Another question for all the nominees:

What would you do to promote inclusion/encourage participation from shyer/quieter/less active members? (Not just new members)

Let me just preface my answer by saying that I don't think there's a minimum requirement for being a member. There are always going to people that aren't interested in joining activities (whether site- or community-related). I don't hold that against anyone, and I hope no one else does either.

That said, I like seeing newbies join and post. :3 I'd love to see more community-related events, like the skype convos or movie night (which I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty excited about). And I'd be open for any suggestions for similar events. Things like that have been good in the past, and I think it's something we shouldn't drop the ball on. I think if people see the regular members participating in things and posting about them, they'd want to join in the fun. Everyone would be encouraged to join in and be welcome. I just think being a friendly mod could go a long way in making newer or quieter members feel welcome.

As for site stuff/events, I'd expressed an interest in possibly doing a DoC or CC LP (Ryu said he wants DoC though). I think Celes' idea of a live skype discussion during a playthrough would be fantastic. I love that, and would look to do something like that. If it's not possible, just to do the LP as an FFVII-related project would be good. And also look to expand to the other FF games, and keep up with any news on new stuff. To me, I think that would be a good way to get in new members, and give current members something to be a part of (if they were so inclined). :monster:

I know I went a little off-topic there, but I think that all that stuff is intertwined. I'm all about 50/50. Yes, we need to encourage people to come out of their shells by being friendly and open, but they also have to push themselves from the other side as well. :monster:

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Follow-up question to my first one:

Octo said:
I'd like to reverse Unlucky's question, kind of: TLS members have beef with each other that started outside of TLS but has now spilled out onto the forum. How would you deal with the situation? Bearing in mind that as much of the trouble occured off site and you have no frame of reference/are unable to take that into consideration?

(Just a note - where I say "I", I do mean "we" since I believe everything should be handled as a team)

Keeping in mind that we don't police outside of the forum, I'd do my best to educate myself on the situation by speaking to the involved members and checking it out. Even if it had no bearing on what happens here, I'd at least try to see where it all stemmed from to gain a better understanding of what the hell happened and how it managed to get here. There are a lot of variables to consider in any scenario, but let's just say that it was impossible for me to know what happened off-site. I'd most definitely have open discussions with the members involved and as a mod team, do our best to determine proper course of action. I'd ask the members to make amends/help them work out their problems and be civil on this forum. Or if that were impossible, tell them they need to ignore each other or FACE MY WRATH (which would be infractions or, if it god forbid it came to it, temp bans). :monster:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Let me just preface my answer by saying that I don't think there's a minimum requirement for being a member. There are always going to people that aren't interested in joining activities (whether site- or community-related). I don't hold that against anyone, and I hope no one else does either.

That said, I like seeing newbies join and post. :3 I'd love to see more community-related events, like the skype convos or movie night (which I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty excited about). And I'd be open for any suggestions for similar events. Things like that have been good in the past, and I think it's something we shouldn't drop the ball on. I think if people see the regular members participating in things and posting about them, they'd want to join in the fun. Everyone would be encouraged to join in and be welcome. I just think being a friendly mod could go a long way in making newer or quieter members feel welcome.

As for site stuff/events, I'd expressed an interest in possibly doing a DoC or CC LP (Ryu said he wants DoC though).

Specifically, I volunteered to play DoC next because it's quicker and serves as a reverse intro to CC. It would also be entirely open to anyone who wanted to comment. Max like Six people per ep, though. That seems to be the butter zone for funny / comprehensible.

I think Celes' idea of a live skype discussion during a playthrough would be fantastic.

Don't know about a live discussion- mostly due to stream lags- but I was thinking of doing that for a pre-recorded video for each chapter or so.

I love that, and would look to do something like that. If it's not possible, just to do the LP as an FFVII-related project would be good. And also look to expand to the other FF games, and keep up with any news on new stuff. To me, I think that would be a good way to get in new members, and give current members something to be a part of (if they were so inclined). :monster:

I know I went a little off-topic there, but I think that all that stuff is intertwined. I'm all about 50/50. Yes, we need to encourage people to come out of their shells by being friendly and open, but they also have to push themselves from the other side as well. :monster:

Well, it helps to give them a reason to do it too.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Specifically, I volunteered to play DoC next because it's quicker and serves as a reverse intro to CC. It would also be entirely open to anyone who wanted to comment. Max like Six people per ep, though. That seems to be the butter zone for funny / comprehensible.

BUTTER ZONE. ok, paula deen. :awesome: Nah, I don't have a problem with it, I was just saying I was willing, but I didn't want to take it away from you which is why I mentioned it. I can swing recording CC (although I have to test it before I can say definitively). And yeah, DoC is like... 15 minutes and you're done. XD

Don't know about a live discussion- mostly due to stream lags- but I was thinking of doing that for a pre-recorded video for each chapter or so.

I might be able to do live discussion, but I'd have to test it first. I know there are other people that can do it without problems. If I couldn't do that, I could either just record it, or organize it for someone else to do (if someone else would be willing).

We could either record a live playthrough and post it on youtube later (if we could swing all that), or even just keep it as a live event which I think would be a lot of fun. Cause even people that aren't members can always join the stream either way and talk in the stream chat.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
I have a question!

what if someone asked if you were Handsome?

l5OLR.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom