• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

TLS 10th anniversary shenanigans!

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I still think frick the rules, we'll see it when we get subpoena'd :monster:. We're also in violation of the GDPR and probably some other privacy laws too, and we don't check people's ages while hosting adult content.

WE'S GOING TO JAIL YO!

Anyway if adding a challenge makes it legal then sure :monster:. There's been some very basic quizzes that anyone could guess in Dutch raffles, I guess that's enough to cover it.

Teioh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Teiocho
Unfortunately if it's too easy of a quiz that anyone could guess then it's still illegal in the UK.

"Under the Gambling Act 2005, a competition will not be a lottery if it satisfies the "skill" test or if no payment is required to enter. If questions are too easy to deter a significant proportion of potential participants, or to eliminate a significant proportion of entrants, it will not satisfy the skill requirement."

Although -

"Competitions that genuinely depend on skill, judgement or knowledge can continue to operate outside Gambling Act regulatory controls, for example crossword puzzles where entrants have to solve a large number of clues and only fully-completed entries are submitted."

So maybe a quiz based on FFVII knowledge would be considered okay? As long as the questions aren't really, really easy to answer, that is.

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
^ I need to see this! :awesome:

I mean a Kupocon-style quiz would rule out a number of the member base anyway. :lol: I think I'm going to propose a set of questions which aren't exactly obscure/difficult, and a tie-breaker which could be a creative submission (artistic stuff could go on the Instagram account too).

Also I think it would be fairest if staff didn't participate but I haven't added that in to the T&Cs yet. I'd actually like it if the staff judged the entries if everyone's on board with that.

Ideas? Comments?

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
You can run it as a competition with an incredibly straightforward and low entry bar. This is how many TV Shows handled their competitions in the UK by asking a question most everybody would get right. All correct answers would be in with a chance to win.

What is the name of the iconic weapon wielded by Cloud Strife?
A) Booster Blade
B) Buster Sword
C) Excali Blade
D) Blaster Sword

As somebody who works in the gambling industry and has spent at least 5 years in adherence to the UK Gambling Commission, I can assure you this will be more than fine for registered members.

Kingdom Hearts530

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Heart/Sam
You can run it as a competition with an incredibly straightforward and low entry bar. This is how many TV Shows handled their competitions in the UK by asking a question most everybody would get right. All correct answers would be in with a chance to win.

What is the name of the iconic weapon wielded by Cloud Strife?
A) Booster Blade
B) Buster Sword
C) Excali Blade
D) Blaster Sword

As somebody who works in the gambling industry and has spent at least 5 years in adherence to the UK Gambling Commission, I can assure you this will be more than fine for registered members.

The answer is DEFINITELY Booster Blade. For Sure

Nah, but seriously, this is hella cute and I'd love to enter once everything gets worked out

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
@Joe cheers dude, it didn't occur to me to ask you! I wasn't sure whether that would qualify but I guess that in addition to one of the conditions of entry is being a registered member with at least ten legit posts covers it nicely.

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Okay fuck it, this has dragged on long enough. Yop informs me that the big birthday is actually on the 25th (next Tuesday), so bearing in mind that the PS Classic has just been announced for a December 3rd release date and it will have FFVII on it (separate issue, is this going to be an article at all since it's relevant?), I'm hazarding a guess that people won't want to shell out to join a draw for a retro bundle if they can just throw £80 on a ridiculously kawaii baby version, so I'm throwing open the draw free of charge @Channy (your maples are now worth the same as our teacups), with the condition being that all participants must be members with ten or more posts by the closing date (TBC). @Cthulhu @Lex Is it possible to create a thread where only people who meet the conditions can post in? It means we can immediately filter out anyone who doesn't want to participate. Also can we get a frontpage article up for this pretty please? The whole purpose of the exercise was to drive more traffic to the site anyway and it's not like there's any Remake news going on.......*glares at S-E logo*
IF THERE IS MORE DEMAND than anticipated I will throw more prizes in accordingly. Because occasionally I'm not a megabitch. :monster:
Also Yop and I spoke to Alex at Pomathon and he's cool with us promoting it on the Kupocon community page too, so can someone with access to the FB page cross promote accordingly please? :awesome:

FINALLY if you need a better picture of the prize bundle please let me know ASAP and I'll get 'im indoors to snap one with his fancy camera rather than my old as fuck iPhone. Aaaaaaand breathe. And bedtaimu. :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
First off, you are not going to pay this out of pocket (I HAVE SPOKEN!); how much did it cost? I will open up the TLS donation fund and at the very least compensate you for your expenses. Everyone, please donate.

Second, I'd rather not have to create a new usergroup / section; I've queried for a list of all eligible users (registered from the start to August 25th with at least 10 posts) which we can use instead. It's about 700 users. I'll share you the lincc.

Third, once the PS micro is out, and if this is a S U C C ess we should do this again, :awesome:

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
First off, you are not going to pay this out of pocket (I HAVE SPOKEN!); how much did it cost? I will open up the TLS donation fund and at the very least compensate you for your expenses. Everyone, please donate.

Second, I'd rather not have to create a new usergroup / section; I've queried for a list of all eligible users (registered from the start to August 25th with at least 10 posts) which we can use instead. It's about 700 users. I'll share you the lincc.

Third, once the PS micro is out, and if this is a S U C C ess we should do this again, :awesome:

1) No u, if you want to make it worth my while I can make a few suggestions (one might involve a Gregg sausage roll and a Princess Leia costume). Also I HAVE SPOKEN doesn't sound authoritative when it's accompanied by yells of pain. ;)

2) Thank you kindly, can you run that query again once the draw closes? We want to encourage new members to join by running this! Is a month okay with everyone? That should be a decent amount of time for n00bs to join and post (but Jesus h make sure there are no issues at the back end pl0x) I think.

3) I agree, I like the idea of posting out stuff that'll make people happy, it's such a departure from the usual! :monster:

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Yeah, new members will become eligible as long as they've made ten (legit, not spammy shit) posts before the closing date, which I'm gonna set as Saturday 27th October, with the winner(s) chosen and announced on Sunday 28th October.

EDIT: I dun gone and made a post on the Kupocon Community Group on Facebook, it'll appear soon enough. Kinda feel it would've looked better being posted by the TLS FB account rather than my profile picture proclaiming me to be a wank addict but hey ho, whatcha gonna do?

Last edited:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I've pinged people in the TLS Creators discord, if anyone there has FB access then please ples plaese etc, :monster:. Also share it to the KC facebook when it's there if possible. ALSO GREAT JUSTICE

I think we should do a chat thing on discord on tuesday, :monster:. Or at the very least the weekend following.

Top Bottom