TLS Awards 2011 Discussion Thread

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Get them your own fucking self.

While balancing a dictionary on your head.

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
I wanna know what the fucking percentage rate of swearing is. You high posting buggers have got an advantage here; if I could actually be fucking arsed I'm sure my ratio would be fucking immense.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Jesus Christ! There are TLS awards!???

How did I not know about this!?

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I wanna know what the fucking percentage rate of swearing is. You high posting buggers have got an advantage here; if I could actually be fucking arsed I'm sure my ratio would be fucking immense.
I'll fucking come up with a fucking query when I can be fucking arsed to fucking figure out how to fucking add a fucking column to a fucking MySQL Database. I'm pretty fucking sure that's the only fucking way to fucking come up with fucking ratios.

Fangu

Great Old One
Neh. You just have to use 2 or 3 layer deep querys. I prefer experimenting in myPHPadmin, I never get it right on the first try.

Trick is to sort by user ID somehow. And then divide by number of total posts. But I'm too tired to think.

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Ava, Spike Spiegel, Stella Nox Fleuret, Altair Ibn-La'Ahad, Princess Zelda, Alice, Raven Roth, Faye Valentine, Tifa Lockhart, Khal Drogo
Jesus Christ! There are TLS awards!???

How did I not know about this!?

for the man who's pretty much locked in to win hottest d00d award, this is quite surprising. :geek:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Neh. You just have to use 2 or 3 layer deep querys. I prefer experimenting in myPHPadmin, I never get it right on the first try.

Trick is to sort by user ID somehow. And then divide by number of total posts. But I'm too tired to think.

Damn, I guess I never knew you could do that with MySQL. Do you know the syntax for it? I would look this up but I don't even know the proper name for this kind of query.

Fangu

Great Old One
Damn, I guess I never knew you could do that with MySQL. Do you know the syntax for it?

Well your SQL query would be something like

SELECT count(*) AS swears, userid, username
FROM post
WHERE pagetext like '%bitch%' or pagetext like '%shit%' or pagetext like '%fuck%' or pagetext like '%cunt%' or pagetext like '%bastard%' or pagetext like '%cock%' or pagetext like '%dick%' or pagetext like '%twat%'
GROUP BY post.userid
ORDER BY swears desc

If you put that into "Query" in phpMyAdmin and just run it from there, you should get the same results. Then you could rewrite the query, like do INNER JOINs and stuff. I think you can export the results into different types of files.

I tried writing up an example but I think I need to try it out with some dummy tables... I can never remember when to use ON and when to just use subquerys directly, like

SELECT ENAME
FROM EMP
WHERE SAL = (SELECT MAX(SAL) FROM EMP WHERE JOB NOT LIKE „MANAGER‟)

And in this case, if you want to write the whole query, you need to use at least one subquery with AS.

Maybe there's a tool for this you can use with phpMyAdmin. Not sure.

Edit: Waitaminute. Maybe this can be done with PHP? Just making 2 or 3 queries, storing them as separate tables and then using PHP to pull out the result? Would make it a whole lot easier. How do you run the queries now? Directly through vBulletin admin or something?

Iiiiiinteresting. I didn't fiddle enough with this in my Databases class this spring. Hmm.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Well your SQL query would be something like

SELECT count(*) AS swears, userid, username
FROM post
WHERE pagetext like '%bitch%' or pagetext like '%shit%' or pagetext like '%fuck%' or pagetext like '%cunt%' or pagetext like '%bastard%' or pagetext like '%cock%' or pagetext like '%dick%' or pagetext like '%twat%'
GROUP BY post.userid
ORDER BY swears desc

If you put that into "Query" in phpMyAdmin and just run it from there, you should get the same results. Then you could rewrite the query, like do INNER JOINs and stuff. I think you can export the results into different types of files.

I tried writing up an example but I think I need to try it out with some dummy tables... I can never remember when to use ON and when to just use subquerys directly, like

SELECT ENAME
FROM EMP
WHERE SAL = (SELECT MAX(SAL) FROM EMP WHERE JOB NOT LIKE „MANAGER‟)

And in this case, if you want to write the whole query, you need to use at least one subquery with AS.

Maybe there's a tool for this you can use with phpMyAdmin. Not sure.

Edit: Waitaminute. Maybe this can be done with PHP? Just making 2 or 3 queries, storing them as separate tables and then using PHP to pull out the result? Would make it a whole lot easier. How do you run the queries now? Directly through vBulletin admin or something?

Iiiiiinteresting. I didn't fiddle enough with this in my Databases class this spring. Hmm.

PHP would be the easiest way but I haven't written any code in years :( I could probably just come up with something bare-bones though. But yeah, I do it via the vBulletin control panel. I tried something else but it doesn't seem to want to finish executing.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Oh, cool, you can do math in queries. Awesome. I have no fucking idea why I didn't think to try that sooner.

SELECT 100*count(post.postid)/user.posts AS swears, post.userid, post.username
FROM post, user
WHERE post.userid=user.userid AND (pagetext like '%bitch%' or pagetext like '%shit%' or pagetext like '%fuck%' or pagetext like '%cunt%' or pagetext like '%bastard%' or pagetext like '%cock%' or pagetext like '%whore%' or pagetext like '%slut%' or pagetext like '%arse%' or pagetext like '%asshole%' or pagetext like '%dumbass%' or pagetext like '%dick%' or pagetext like '%twat%' or pagetext like '%smeg%') AND user.posts>500
GROUP BY post.userid
ORDER BY swears desc

1. 40.1569% - [member=643]Vriska[/member]
  2. 38.7528% - [member=26]OneWingedDemon[/member]
  3. 36.2292% - [member=694]Neo Bahamut[/member]
  4. 34.0798% - [member=546]Ryoko[/member]
  5. 31.4506% - [member=15]Xelloss[/member]
  6. 31.2028% - [member=1830]Kissmammal2000[/member]
  7. 29.8851% - [member=134]Mormz[/member]
  8. 29.7385% - [member=800]Ariadne[/member]
  9. 28.7726% - [member=321]Fairheartstrife[/member]
  10. 28.5532% - [member=55]Batman[/member]
  11. 26.3017% - [member=382]Munatik[/member]
  12. 25.4949% - [member=683]Splintered[/member]
  13. 24.9597% - [member=1100]Gym Leader Devil[/member]
  14. 24.9523% - [member=8]dude in the background of guile's stage from sfii[/member]
  15. 24.8635% - [member=887]Samantha Carter[/member]
  16. 24.8338% - [member=542]Ulala[/member]
  17. 23.1716% - [member=1111]The Flash[/member]
  18. 23.0030% - [member=97]Gabriel[/member]
  19. 22.8873% - [member=391]ShuShu[/member]
  20. 22.5423% - [member=304]Interslicery[/member]
  21. 21.6808% - [member=581]Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben[/member]
  22. 20.5665% - [member=2729]Raven Roth[/member]
  23. 20.2946% - [member=25]Ishtar[/member]
  24. 20.1760% - [member=64]Devil May Cry[/member]
  25. 20.0704% - [member=253]Loxetta[/member]
  26. 20.0083% - [member=13]Rick Grimes[/member]
  27. 19.6693% - [member=2]Cthulhu[/member]
  28. 19.5122% - [member=874]Vossler[/member]
  29. 19.2639% - [member=9]V[/member]
  30. 19.2235% - [member=90]Ravynne[/member]
  31. 19.0272% - [member=607]KissTheRain[/member]
  32. 18.7967% - [member=33]Oracle[/member]
  33. 17.6928% - [member=184]Gwaine[/member]
  34. 17.6498% - [member=258]Catwoman[/member]
  35. 17.3197% - [member=252]Lord Noctis[/member]
  36. 17.1158% - [member=547]Bodacious[/member]
  37. 17.1083% - [member=229]Username[/member]
  38. 16.8871% - [member=180]Nightwing[/member]
  39. 16.4777% - [member=223]Victor Fries[/member]
  40. 15.7511% - [member=78]CK-47[/member]
  41. 15.3531% - [member=194]Zidane Tribal[/member]
  42. 15.1079% - [member=563]Eerie[/member]
  43. 15.0412% - [member=5]Hidari Shotaro[/member]
  44. 14.8741% - [member=3]X-SOLDIER[/member]
  45. 14.7792% - [member=106]The Red Hood[/member]
  46. 14.7117% - [member=31]null.[/member]
  47. 14.2227% - [member=192]Cole McGrath[/member]
  48. 14.1196% - [member=724]SoulReaper[/member]
  49. 14.0686% - [member=248]Quexinos[/member]
  50. 13.8525% - [member=209]Jacob Black[/member]

The number depicts the percentage of posts by a given member that contain swears. Note, though, that this includes quoted text, so it's still not a 100% accurate depiction of how profane the user is. It also doesn't indicate how many times they swear per post, just the percentage of posts that contain swears somewhere in the message body. (It also excludes message titles; too lazy to figure out how to include those right now).

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
winter wins

congrats bitch, come get ur prize 83

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
it also doesn't represent the amount of swear macros being used around here

or just general roodness :awesomonster:

i was wondering why not "ass" but then I realised that the whole thing would get skewed from the assassins creed thread :awesome:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
I have posted more statistics that may be considered relevant here. (The post above also contains new statistics, but they're overall and may not be considered relevant to this year's awards; they are also distorted by the fact that the thanks hack did not exist for the first several months of this board's existence and was not used as frequently for the first several months it existed). Winter is the most thanked user this year. Also the most frequent swearer. I wonder if those two are fucking connected :monster:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Not an official one. I queried the database based on the contents of messages to come up with an unofficial tally, but it only counts at most one swear per post and includes contents of quoted messages so it's only partially accurate :monster:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I would like to add Roth to my nominations for hottest female btw

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
I'm surprised I hardly swear when I type. When i'm talking every second word is either shit or fuck. :monster:

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
18.7967% - Oracle
16.4777% - Victor Fries
What was that Kimble? Oh right.

Can't rag on me for my lack of swearing now can you, bitch?

Suck it fuckass.

CK-47 said:
I'm surprised I hardly swear when I type. When i'm talking every second word is either shit or fuck. :monster:

oh same. I definitely swear less when typing than in speech.

Last edited:
Top Bottom