TLS Awards 2012 Discussion Thread

I find it strange that we call the awards TLS Awards and not TLS Forums Awards, because all of the categories are based on forum activity. (Don't get me wrong, I can understand and see why it has been done this way.) In the light of TLS wanting to be the best VII content site out there, it would be nice to have some awards that appreciate the work being done on the world of VII.

So if I was to suggest awards, I'd suggest to add categories like best article, best news scoop, best FF related project or similar. If not this year, then maybe it's something to think about for next year?

Or maybe that'll make the whole thing too serious... I dunno. I have very mixed feelings about awards.

I endorse this 100%

Fangu

Great Old One
I remembered something I was thinking of yesterday - a 'Best Comeback' award. It's related to the most missed award, but contrary to still being afk, this member has been away for some time (or at least not posted as much lately), then started posting again. (Related to FF it could be called 'The Phoenix Down Award' :P) It would be hard to define a criteria though... like how long and how much non-present the person must have been. But I guess that's what nominations are for :monster:

AvecAloes

Donator
I love the list, Flint! I do have one minor and nitpicky suggestion - when you say "Top Poster" instead of "Best Quality Poster" or "Highest Quality Poster", it sounds to me as though it's a category for the person who has posted the most. But that's seriously a minor suggestion, and if no one else read it that way then I'll just be shush :D

Fangu

Great Old One
Thanks. I was expecting everyone to be up in arms about the lack of boobies and pen0rz. I guess that'll come when Yop sees my suggestions :monster:
Damn Flint don't remind them ;)

I love the list, Flint! I do have one minor and nitpicky suggestion - when you say "Top Poster" instead of "Best Quality Poster" or "Highest Quality Poster", it sounds to me as though it's a category for the person who has posted the most. But that's seriously a minor suggestion, and if no one else read it that way then I'll just be shush :D
No I did too, I think I prefer the 'Quality' in the title.

Dunno, is 'top' a word much used in Britland for describing best something? I think 'best' is a better word, but, semantics.

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
Thanks. I was expecting everyone to be up in arms about the lack of boobies and pen0rz. I guess that'll come when Yop sees my suggestions :monster:

I like the suggestions you put forth, as do most of us from the look of it so far. But Bounciest Boobs and Most Pistoning Pen0r are musts, if you ask me. Put those back.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Dunno, is 'top' a word much used in Britland for describing best something? I think 'best' is a better word, but, semantics.
It is, and so I didn't put much thought into it. I accept that "best" might be better (or best!) though. I just hope it doesn't get overused :)

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I like most of Flint's suggestions. I may add a couple of others (I don't really think 25 awards is too much honestly), and will probably get everything set up tomorrow after work.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I liked Flint's use of "top," but I guess I can see how quantity and quality may get confused there.

Really like the Phoenix Down award, by the way.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
There should be an award for best beard/hair/hairs.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Replace Top with "Greatest Oldest" and I'm okay with it, :monster:. And add a Greatest Oldest One, too.

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
Best beard already has 4 people in the running, I think it's a pretty solid category.

Who's going to be in best ship this year? I nominate Flex.

Top Bottom