Tseng x Elena fanclub(name pending)

I know I'm being a real old bore here, but I just have to point that as far as I know, nowhere is it stated that Lord Godo is the Emperor of Wutai, nor is Yuffie ever addressed as "Princess". "Treasureprincess" is her email handle, and the only person who calls her the White Rose of Wutai is Yuffie herself. For all we know, Godo could be an elected official. The side quest suggests that he fought his way to the pinnacle of the Pagoda, and took over from (very possibly killed) whoever was the previous keeper of the Leviathan materia, but this might only make him a religious leader like, say, the Pontifex Maximus in Rome. Or perhaps a battle to the death for the Leviathan materia was the way their political leaders were chosen. Godo is obviously the headman of the town at the foot of Da Chao. It seems implausible that this town is the only settlement in the whole of Wutai. If this world were a real one, it would have hundreds of towns and thousands of villages and be criss-crossed with roads and trade-routes and, since it's in its industrial age, railways and flight paths. FFVII only shows us the places that are relevant to the story. It's possible that we are shown the town of Wutai not because it is the capital of Wutai, but because it is the hometown of one of our playable characters comes from. In other words, maybe it's not the Madrid of Wutai, but the Santiago da Compostela - a religious centre, rather than a political one.

What I'm saying is that canon leaves it all wide open for interpretation. Yuffie can be the crown princess of a feudal kingdom if you want her to be. She can also be the tomboy daughter of a local headman in a nation as democratic as Switzerland.

Ravynne Nevyrmore

that one Lucrecia fangirl
AKA
Ravynne
You know, I always assumed that Vincent had rescued Tseng and Elena from being tortured, but while watching ACC last night I noticed that Vincent says, "Tseng and Elena... They were brought here half dead." So, someone else must have brought them to Vincent (or to the forest, where Vincent found them)? Or is this a mistranslation thing?

CameoAmalthea

Pro Adventurer
Hmm...I'm not sure, Cherry was doing a translation a bit ago. Maybe message her and ask? If it wasn't Vincent, maybe the Remnants dragged them along to there or some other Turks got them out assuming the BC Turks are working behind the scenes.

Man, I'd love it Vincent and Veld had some interaction post BC, or if, you know, Square Enix stopped treating BC like it doesn't exist/isn't important.

Ravynne Nevyrmore

AKA
Ravynne
Yeah, it was actually only recently that I realized Veld and Felicia are still alive. I assumed they died before FF7 just like how basically all the new characters introduced in CC died off prior to FF7.

Who is Cherry?

CameoAmalthea

Pro Adventurer
If you haven't watched through Before Crisis I recommend it (I do hope someone posts a new script at some point). It's very important to the Turk's character and relationships. I also recommend The Case of Shinra Novella.

The BC Turks and Veld fake their deaths at the end of BC and go into hiding (with the help of Rufus Shinra who risks everything to orchestrate the cover up and save the Turks from being executed by President Shinra who feared they'd become too powerful and that they had betrayed him). The reason the Turks are so loyal to Rufus is because he saved them all, including Veld who was a father to Tseng, to them all really, but most of all Tseng.

Cherry:

http://thelifestream.net/forums/member.php?u=4951

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2892226/Morello

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2391157/redcherryamber

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2401861/A-Darker-Shade

http://cherryamber.tumblr.com/

She's a wonderful writer. She used to be active here, but then I introduced her to Attack on Titan and I'm afraid she's been swallowed up by it.

You can still ask her though, your best bet is to contact her on tumblr ask or messaging her ff.net account. She may take a bit to reply as she's been having some medical issues lately, but it would be worth asking.

Ravynne Nevyrmore

AKA
Ravynne
I mean, yes, I know now that Veld survived. :monster: I just...didn't catch that the first time around, apparently. Or forgot, or whatever. Maybe I never finished BC. It's been years.

I've read it a while ago but I wasn't paying much attention I guess because I didn't have a particular interest in those characters at the time. Tseng has become much more interesting to me in recent weeks and I'm realizing how rich the character actually is. For someone who doesn't get a whole lot of screen time in anything set after BC, he's possibly one of the most involved characters. In that he's been around since forever and has been involved in everything. Very tenacious, that one.

I like when Rude says in ACC, "Tseng's like the President... Nine lives, you know?" I can't help but think they were poking fun at themselves for bringing them both back from presumed deaths. :awesome:

Also, I kind of want to depict schoolgirl!Elena, but whether I will do that in fan art or fanfiction, I don't know yet.

Anyway, I'll refresh myself on Case of Shinra and find out about getting in touch with that girl about the Advent Children line.

Edit: ...Are all three of those FF.net accounts hers? (Why does anyone need more than one? -_-; )

CameoAmalthea

Pro Adventurer
She puts more explicit fics on other accounts to make sure her mum doesn't find out she writes yaoi, so one account is no yaoi, the next account is some yaoi, then the third account is really extreme/graphic stuff.

She's in her forties and has teenage daughters of her own, so I'm not sure why she feels she has to hide what she writes from her mum, but she does.

Ravynne Nevyrmore

AKA
Ravynne
Maybe she's hiding them from her teenage daughters. Or maybe her mum's an active fangirl in the community. :awesome: Still, that's kind of weird that she has a semi-yaoi account and a full yaoi account, then. What's that, like, in case her mom finds the half-yaoi account and then she can be like, "oh okay, this is where you hide your yaoi, I am now appeased and will not search further"?

Decoy yaoi. :awesome:

CameoAmalthea

Pro Adventurer
Her daughters don't have the same ships (she ships Levi/Erwin, her daughter ships Eren/Armin). Her daughter had her make up G rated yaoi bedtime stories for her though, like retelling fairy tales but with Eren and Armin falling in love. (ok SNK tangents aside)

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Totally off topic, but now I'm wondering what kind of ships and fandoms Freybs will be into. She'd better be Cloti or I'll disown her:lol:

Top Bottom