Twilight - For Laughs

Raquelborn

"I slice your ass in 4."
AKA
Raq, Raquel.
I just watched this interview with Stephenie Meyer on YouTube:

It's been literally spammed full with hate comments. You know what though? I appreciated what she was saying because even if her writing is awful, and her story certainly isn't to everyone's taste, she's still a normal person who had a story, wanted to share it, and then was really happy when other people appreciated it too.

When you strip it down to that I really can't see what people hate so much. I actually respect her, even if I can't stomach her books.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
I just watched this interview with Stephenie Meyer on YouTube:

It's been literally spammed full with hate comments. You know what though? I appreciated what she was saying because even if her writing is awful, and her story certainly isn't to everyone's taste, she's still a normal person who had a story, wanted to share it, and then was really happy when other people appreciated it too.

When you strip it down to that I really can't see what people hate so much. I actually respect her, even if I can't stomach her books.
A lot of it, in my opinion, has to do with people who have English degrees, who have been writing for years and trying to get published, have a piece of absolute trash like Twilight get published over things they've worked hard on for years and years,

I don't know, but her books really creep me out. Teenagers imprinting on babies so that they can 'hang out with them' (how clever to not describe it as child grooming, considering THAT'S WHAT IT IS) and eventually have sex with them, vampires who have no personality besides 'LOOK AT ME AREN'T I HOT' and all of it revolving around the whiniest teenager in the goddamn world.

It just really pisses me off because she absolutely does not deserve any of the fame she's recieved. So many other authors had to try for years to get their shit published, like JK Rowling, who could barely support herself and her kid before she got Harry Potter published.

So some housewife comes out, writes a story from some wet dream she had, and it manages to get published and become retardedly popular? Yeah, that's gonna piss people off.

Raquelborn

"I slice your ass in 4."
AKA
Raq, Raquel.
A lot of it, in my opinion, has to do with people who have English degrees, who have been writing for years and trying to get published, have a piece of absolute trash like Twilight get published over things they've worked hard on for years and years,

That's fair enough. Though, from a purely business/marketing point of view, her book would come across as more sellable to young females (a key target for most companies at the moment) than, say, an intelligent book that explores deep concepts most everyday people aren't aware or care about.

But yeah, of course I can see why some are pissed.

I don't know, but her books really creep me out. Teenagers imprinting on babies so that they can 'hang out with them' (how clever to not describe it as child grooming, considering THAT'S WHAT IT IS) and eventually have sex with them, vampires who have no personality besides 'LOOK AT ME AREN'T I HOT' and all of it revolving around the whiniest teenager in the goddamn world.
In the context of the book none of that is as glaringly 'ew' as it really is. (Or so I've been told)?

It just really pisses me off because she absolutely does not deserve any of the fame she's recieved. So many other authors had to try for years to get their shit published, like JK Rowling, who could barely support herself and her kid before she got Harry Potter published.
Oh but it's still all about profit, targeting certain readers etc etc.

The fact is still that she is a regular person with a story she dreamt up and others turned out to like it. She got lucky. Good for her. Shame it sucks for some other people who sweat their bollocks off for half or a fraction of her fame. I can think of better written and inspiring books than Harry Potter but again, it's all about the likeability of the story and its appeal to the majority.

Life's a bitch. *shrug*

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I have nothing against the woman herself, she's just a terrible writer, and people should acknowledge that.

The fact that her books are such tripe and get so much recognition without ever addressing this fact is bound to breed animosity. But really, youtube comments? ANY video on youtube is going to get an assload of racist,hateful, ignorant comments.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Life is indeed a bitch, and that's why people complain about her. :monster:

RawrieStrife

Rawr - I <3 U !!!
Well, Meyer sucks at writing, I agree. And I was really terrified when I read her books. And Bella really has no personality, same with her glittery boyfriend. I think Alice is the only one that has a little personality. At least she try to be happy.
But I learned that I should just ignore the Twilight fans rather than argue with them. I have better things to do than that.

And seriously, stay away from youtube comments, they're not worth your time.

SutekiMitsukai

S U G A R . T I T S
I know. I'm such a bad person for bumping this but I'm having some good lol's with watching it right now.

WTF does Bella see in Edward. If a guy just randomly appeared in my room, I would be freaked out. Then she asks him if he always does that and his reply is "Only for the past couple of months. I like watching you sleep. It's fascinating"

Yet she finds that form of stalking attractive? She's fucking nuts.

Top Bottom