UBOAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to Pandemonium: A Mateus Fanclub

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal

This is a club for the first true sexy, badass villain of Final Fantasy: Emperor Mateus of Palamecia.

Dissidia has given me a new found appreciation for the villain who died, punched out Satan, and took over Hell in his mad quest to rule the world. Fuck Sephiroth trying to become a God, this fucker managed to take over hell and become the Devil :monster:

This is the same guy who after his defeat, managed to slip into Heaven, thus becoming...The Light Emperor. Not quite as tenacious as Sephiroth, but close!

So this is a club to appreciate the villain who leads all other villains, and has the simple yet appreciable desire to want to rule everything as King. And he looks like David Bowie.

So yeah, discuss :monster:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
UBOAR is the sound he makes whenever he dies/defeated.

Most epic losing line in Final Fantasy ever. I figured it'd work as a memorable, attention getting title for my club :monster:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Too bad most will just think you're a massive nerd.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
You're one to talk Batman boy :monster:

Now post some Emperor appreciation or GTFO fgt!

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Well..we didn't need you anyways!!!!

C'mon, I KNOW I'm not the only fan of Mateus here, goddmanit.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
That'd be epic. We need to know more about this guy.

Your translation of his lines in Firion's Destiny Odyssey were awesome. I love how much of a cold, manipulative fucker he is. He's not only powerful in terms of his occult magic, but extremely smart for a villain.

His ability to manipulate people towards his ends is quite noteworthy. I love how most of his fighting quotes in Dissidia is him trying to persuade characters to work for him. :monster:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I liked him in Dissidia, but I haven't played FFII so I don't know him in that :monster:

I was thinking of getting the PSP one, but I was torn between that and FFI. Or saving money :monster:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Dissidia does wonders for his character.

Giving him a voice, facial expressions, etc :monster:

He has one of the coolest outfits. He's the only villain I've ever seen that makes the color yellow badass, regal and evil.

Schala-Kitty

Pro Adventurer
Hitoshura, here, you can read the bilingual script for all of his scenes - From Sapphire Forest.

Oh, and since I have these...

FFII Anniversary wallpaper 1 and FFII Anniversary wallpaper 2

And just for good measure...

IISoR-Palamecia.jpg

The Shiro Amano artwork!​

See, Schala's old hat at this FFII fandom. ;D

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Mateus's secret shame is that he is a pokemon. An Uboar. He's actually pokevolving when he gets a new form, and he feels compelled to shout his race name when he passes out, like other Pokemon.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Lulz, that Hilda quote is on one of the friend cards you can unlock in Dissidia (with Emperor ghost, obviously).

[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=343.msg8721#msg8721 date=1232066428]
Giving him a voice, facial expressions, etc :monster:
[/quote]
Didn't the PS version give him a voice?

Japanese Wiki lists Japanese VAs for Mateus and the main characters, and that Frioniel has a different one in the PS version.

Did they take those out of the English one? (Like the Organization members in the GBA version of Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories.)

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I never played the PS verson! He had a voice there?! I wanna hear it! It could give us a clue to who'll voice him in the US version. I have no idea or not, so Schala would probably be able to answer.

And holy shit, those wallpapers are awesome. I love the second one. He looks so evil and cool in that one. One of Amano's best sketches of him, in my opinion.

He's so epic, he's the logo of FFII. That says something right there :monster:

Schala-Kitty

Pro Adventurer
No, there are no voices in the PS version other than the opening FMV and that's just random noises. Not like I would suggest the PS version since that script is kind of weak.

And anyway, best value for your money is DoS if you're gonna play it.... though I kinda want the PSP one since it's bilingual.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
The next more realiable site on the interwebs, IMDB, lists no English voices at all either. I assumed there'd only be voices in some FMVs anyway, though.

The English ones are bilingual too? I thought the Japanese one was, but if the English ones are too maybe I'll get those instead if they're cheaper. I can't remember what most of the stuff is in English now :monster:

Schala-Kitty

Pro Adventurer
Yah, the PSP version of FFII is bilingual. One of my friends has it (and I should just see if I can borrow it from her) so I can testify that it is true.

Ah, I'm still more comfortable in English. That's why I always say Firion instead of Frioniel....

Username.

Banned
If there was a Mako club then i would join, i'm afraid i do not know who the hell you are going on about....laters.

Schala-Kitty

Pro Adventurer
Posting pics FGJ!

This is something interesting I picked up on... the shape of Mateus' necklace changes depending upon the angle you're viewing it. This is how it normally looks -

dissidiafinalfantasy003hr8.jpg

The nice standard oval shape here.

dissidiafinalfantasy003kd9.jpg

But here, it looks like a heart! How interesting...

And now for some shots of his magical glyphs! I love the artistry they put into these.

dissidiafinalfantasy004tq0.jpg

This is "Crest of Light" which has a bit of a sutra touch to it.

dissidiafinalfantasy004hh8.jpg

And "Crest of Lightning," my favorite utterly sadistic attack >D

dissidiafinalfantasy004yh6.jpg

And the "Land Mines!" If you notice, each mine has it's own ring of runes along with the one placed on the floor.

I just love the level of detail in this game.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Yeah, that's pretty neat how they animated every little thing like that.

And see, Mateus DOES have a bit of love in his heart! :monster:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I was going to try to get some sigil pictures, but I got distracted by Snakes on his Head.

Some forgotten pictures from the other Dissidia picture thread:

DISSIDIA_FINAL_FANTASY_0193-1.jpg

DISSIDIA_FINAL_FANTASY_0194-1.jpg

DISSIDIA_FINAL_FANTASY_0195-1.jpg

DISSIDIA_FINAL_FANTASY_0196-1.jpg

DISSIDIA_FINAL_FANTASY_0197-1.jpg

Clubs need banners. But I need more patience :monster:

uboar1.jpg

uboar2.jpg

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
...I haven't played FFII (yet), but damn, Mateus is one sexy motherfucker :monster:

Plus, he looks like David freaking Bowie - as the Goblin King no less. Even moreso in his Amano art as well.

And, just an offering of prettyness:

Emeror_Soul_PSP.png

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
The apparent changing necklace thingy can probably be attributed to stretching textures, which could result in that 'un.

Also, I've played / am playing 2 on the GBA, :monster:. I've finished the official story thing (and can't remember the ending, *meh*), and am playing the 'extended' thingy, dunno what it's called. It's pretty difficult thar, :monster:.

Top Bottom