V-Jump Scan (New FFXIII character and new FF7AC screenshot)

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Liar, I've called out stupid stuff I didn't like before. Don't make me have to defend myself on that point again, fuck face.

I said you don't like to, not that you never have fgt. Lrn2readingcomprehension

Like I said we'll see. If he does end up a joke, I'll naturally be highly offended but to this day, I haven't been faced with such stupidity in Final Fantasy so I'm not worried. Nomura's had some pretty awesome dark skinned character designs and they've been all pretty cool in their respective games. I have no real fear of it suddenly changing.

Noruma isn't in charge of FFXIII, all of the character designs probably weren't his idea. He was asked to make a fucking female Cloud for Lightning for christ's sake, and she looks pretty fucking weird too.

Now hurry up and answer my questions in that Batman thread you made. I'm honestly more worried over that than this :monster:

bite me.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
....Like I said, my mind's trying to wrap itself around the new furies in Final Crisis. Read too fast :monster:

So what do you think they told him to create? A black disco pimp?!

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Nothing of any value, that's for sure.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I'll put it this way, if he has an ok personality, I can overlook that shitty design.

Nocturne

Watching Thee From The Moon
AKA
Just Nocturne will do
No it's not, and this design is painfully stereotypical, and I find it a little offending to be honest.

Oh please, offended by it? If you're offended by it then I seriously think you need to chill out. People are way to offended at stupid stuff today and cant take anything (even though I dont even see how it could be offensive).

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Anything that looks stupid offends me. It's my opinion, not your concern. If my opinion bothers you enough that you feel the need to comment about how stupid it is, perhaps you should chill out.

I'm not going to go on some racially motivated crusade over this shit. I see something I don't like, big deal. Get off it.

Nocturne

AKA
Just Nocturne will do
Eh, I just see no point in getting offended from EVERYTHING that looks stupid. Sure, some things deserve that, but it sounds like you are letting everything get to you no matter how small.

It's a character design, I could see not liking it or hating it, but being offended over it?

Either way, I dont like the design either. I just think it looks stupid.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
No I don't, sorry you interpret it that way.

Offended: to cause dislike, anger, or vexation

Technically, if you don't like it, you're offended too.

Nocturne

AKA
Just Nocturne will do
Not really. I see offended as being angry at it. It in no way makes me angry, I just dont care for the design.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Uh really, since one of the many definitions of it means something that causes dislike.

I'm not angry either, I just don't like it.

Nocturne

AKA
Just Nocturne will do
Well I just took the whole stereotype thing and being offended by it as you being angry about it.

At least we agree it's a horrible character design.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Yeah, I'll just leave it at that I guess.

NoenGaruth

That Guy With The Midgar Model
AKA
NoenGaruth, Stolz, Blitzwing, Ryoko Asakura, Judge Magister Gabranth, Col. Hans Landa, Itsuki Koizumi, Treize Khushrenada
The main shot of him in the top left looks like it belongs on a breakfast cereal box XD

[quote author=Masamune link=topic=333.msg8197#msg8197 date=1231963420]
Cosplay is WRONG.
[/quote]

You are aware that I have to kill you now?

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
[quote author=NoenGaruth link=topic=333.msg8514#msg8514 date=1232024526]You are aware that I have to kill you now?[/quote]

Dressed as seffiros? :P

I don't know about the racist angle, but this guy does nothing for me. His design looks bland, and just because this dude isn't Nomura's usual emo bishie doesn't excuse a lack of detail and originality.

FFXIII is looking an artistic mess, so far.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
[quote author=Masamune link=topic=333.msg8515#msg8515 date=1232025610]just because this dude isn't Nomura's usual emo bishie doesn't excuse a lack of detail and originality.[/quote]

What are you looking for? He looks like...a guy, what's he supposed to look like? I rather like the fact that someone looks physically ordinary.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
[quote author=ForceStealer link=topic=333.msg8518#msg8518 date=1232027964]What are you looking for? He looks like...a guy, what's he supposed to look like? I rather like the fact that someone looks physically ordinary.
[/quote]

I'm looking for a well-designed character. If you're just looking for "a guy", then I guess you're easy to please. ;D

ForceStealer

Double Growth
*sigh* But what do you mean well designed? Does everyone have to be easily identified from a mile away?

And I know that's not what you mean, but someone looking flashy would almost be unoriginal by this point.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
[quote author=ForceStealer link=topic=333.msg8523#msg8523 date=1232029754]Does everyone have to be easily identified from a mile away?[/quote]

I dunno, do they?

His design is bland, with a distinct lack of detail. He also looks kinda cheesy, and I don't like the afro.

I was saying to Dacon the other day, that I think Nomura needs to take a breather. However, he is SE's golden boy right now and so they pump him out for almost every mainstream FF going. He's working on the Compilation, FFXIII, KH, and stuff like The World Ends with You. I'd like different character designers, instead of the occasional interim.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Sorry I don't like the super stereotypical looking black guy, so much so he looks way too familiar, with a fucking chicken living in his hair.

Let's move on now plx.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Other sites and shit are saying it does.

Either someone's lying or they fail at translating.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
He's also a crybaby who knows Lightning from their days in the army according to them too.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
'Baby Chocobo' = Much Squeeing!!!

So cute... !!!

All hail the adorable one - mighty baby chocobo! ;D

Okay, I'll stop. Cool new pictures.

I want to say that I think that part is of Cloud and Tifa when Cloud returns to Edge

... (albeit, second page of responses, so yeah, late as always...) :monster:

PS: As for the new character from XIII, I think he looks pretty neat. I can agree with the Richard Pryor look to a degree; and as for the 'fro, it's not bad. Of course, this is me. *shrugs* :-\

Nocturne

AKA
Just Nocturne will do
The more I see the character design, the more I think, eh, its ok. I dont think it's great (just for the fact it's not my style) but I dont think it's terrible anymore.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
He'd look better without the Afro, or with the afro and without the facial hair.

Top Bottom