Can we talk about how goddamn utterly ridiculous this shit is

I mean my god

skyrim was made in half that time

this is just stupid

Catherine

coquettish cat
AKA
Itsuki, Vanille, Meruru, Catherine.
It's pretty depressing to think that I was only 12 at that time. I'm 18 now.

A human being can actually go through their entire puberty in a shorter time than Versus' production.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
I think the funniest comment I've read lately about FF Versus is that hopefully it will be cancelled because it looks childish compared to FFXIII & XIII-2.

And no, I'm not shitting you. That was actually the thought process of a human being.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
I think the funniest comment I've read lately about FF Versus is that hopefully it will be cancelled because it looks childish compared to FFXIII & XIII-2.

And no, I'm not shitting you. That was actually the thought process of a human being.

LOL

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
We'll end up waiting 12 years and it will be a shit game that no one cares about.

You know, like both XIII games, or Duke Nukem Forever.

Meanwhile, fans wait for good games. Deus Ex is proof they can make them; it's just a question of getting them to DO it.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
I actually think that Versus XIII will be a good game. It's just that the wait and the hype will be too big.

I mean the game would be good if we had to wait 4 years at most, not 8 or 9, which is probably what's going to happen.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Yeah, pretty sure they pulled development time off of Versus in favor of XIII-2 - remember, development of that one was started only after XIII, if I'm right. It wasn't even announced that there would be a sequel at any one point.

Does what we've seen in the Versus trailers even still match up with whatever was in XIII?

It's simply going to be underwhelming now with this long of a wait. But I could also care less about Versus. The graphics look like they could go on a 360 just fine so if they still insist PS3 only then their loss.

Lumina

a pokémon.
AKA
Bayleef, Jessica
I can see Kingdom Hearts 3 being released first than versus. Which is a shame since I was looking forward to this game.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
I'm expecting the 3rd Kingdom Hearts to wrap up by the time this game comes in. In other terms, I believe our Season of Destrillians would be finished as well by the time this game rolls in.

What I dont understand is how could this game could take so long but long ass games like Skyrim can be released in a short span of time AND be good? poor management?

I think it's pretty obvious they just haven't been actually working on it. Like, there's stuff done, but there couldn't possibly be a dedicated team.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
Like I said before, it didn't help that FFXIV bombed. That only pushed development back further because they needed to cash in on FFXIII with a cheap sequel and cover their losses. Maybe once they've reaped the yen from that, we'll finally see something on the Versus front? Don't hold your breath, though.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I have finished my apprenticeship in the meantime. I have accomplished more than them in half the time. :awesome:

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
I have passed my GCSEs, my A-levels, finished my degree and will have got a job by the time this comes out.

MY CHILDHOOD
IT'S GONE ;.;

Catherine

coquettish cat
AKA
Itsuki, Vanille, Meruru, Catherine.
I can see Kingdom Hearts 3 being released first than versus. Which is a shame since I was looking forward to this game.

Nah, they said KH3 isn't happening until Versus is 100% done.

XIII-3 is most definitely coming out before this does tho.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Last I read about Versus, nothing new was going on but it was in production.

Personally, I think they didn't have a clue (or had many ideas, but nothing solid) as to where to take Versus. They had some ideas, made some trailers, but that's about it.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Now I wonder about something else.

Why did they make trailers long before they had a finished / working game?

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Now I wonder about something else.

Why did they make trailers long before they had a finished / working game?

This is why I think Resident Evil 6's approach is the best way to do it.

Game was announced this year, is being released in November.

Lumina

a pokémon.
AKA
Bayleef, Jessica
Nah, they said KH3 isn't happening until Versus is 100% done.

XIII-3 is most definitely coming out before this does tho.

Preach it sister. Then I'll just laugh at those who ask for a KH3. Now I see it more far than ever. There's not even info about this game except that "Versus have a Shakespeare touch to it. Noctis and Stella will have a Romeo Julet shiz". They keep repeating that as if it was some kind of prayer. Its tiring.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
I noticed their strategy as well, it keeps the hype up and doesn't waste time.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
I haven't done shit in 6 years either, so maybe I shouldn't judge. :monster:

but yeah, I think the longer this goes, the more people will be disappointed. Because you're going to expect something awesome for having waited 6 years. SE just needs to stop announcing games before they're ready. I feel like there really is no excuse for this.

Top Bottom