• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

VII Remake Rated By ESRB [Spoilers]

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Apologies if this has been posted somewhere already, but I think it deserves it's own thread. Posted via Gematsu. FFVII Remake was rated by the ESRB with some hints as to the contents in regard to the rating.

This is an action role-playing game in which players follow the story of a mercenary (Cloud Strife) on a quest to save the planet from evil. Players explore the city of Midgar, perform various quests, and battle monsters and soldiers in frenetic melee combat. Characters use swords, staffs, guns, and magic spells to battle fantastical monsters and human soldiers; combat is highlighted by cries of pain, impact sounds, and explosions. Cutscenes also depict instances of violence: characters impaled by swords (off-camera); a man shot repeatedly while on a stairwell. Some female characters wear revealing outfits (e.g., deep cleavage); one scene depicts a man ogling women's bodies while making suggestive hand gestures and hip movements. The game contains some alcohol content: ordering “something hard and bitter” and watching a character drink; searching for a person at the “Drunkards' Den”; watching characters drunk and slurring their speech. One cutscene depicts a character smoking a cigar. The words “sh*t,” “a*shole,” and “pr*ck” appear in the dialogue.

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Hmm I wonder if that
stairwell
is in the Shinra Building.....

Also, while reading this I can't help but see this:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

albert graham

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Some female characters wear revealing outfits (e.g., deep cleavage)

IMO I think they are referring to the low cut dress Aerith is wearing. Since no where has it mentioned in this rating about revealing
too much skin (eg. bare legs), why on Earth they told SE to nerf Tifa's OG outfit by making her wear thigh high black leggings?
How hypocrite can ESRB be where they allowed Aerith to wear revealing dress but deemed Tifa as showing too much leg?
I'd say at the very least fans should be given the option to choose between OG or Remake outfit, just like many modern era games where
players are given a number of outfits to choose for the main characters.

pxp

Pro Adventurer
Some female characters wear revealing outfits (e.g., deep cleavage)

IMO I think they are referring to the low cut dress Aerith is wearing. Since no where has it mentioned in this rating about revealing
too much skin (eg. bare legs), why on Earth they told SE to nerf Tifa's OG outfit by making her wear thigh high black leggings?
How hypocrite can ESRB be where they allowed Aerith to wear revealing dress but deemed Tifa as showing too much leg?
I'd say at the very least fans should be given the option to choose between OG or Remake outfit, just like many modern era games where
players are given a number of outfits to choose for the main characters.
Or Scarlett?

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
This got me strangely excited. I'm really curious about
the shot repeatedly in a stairwell scene, and I really, really hope multiple people call Cloud a prick as he walks away.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Since no where has it mentioned in this rating about revealing
We've never been given any indication that Tifa's stockings have anything to do with "nerfing" her sex appeal. That would be counter effective anyway since stockings are common fetish wear, resulting in an even sexier design than before (to many, including myself).

albert graham

Lv. 1 Adventurer
We've never been given any indication that Tifa's stockings have anything to do with "nerfing" her sex appeal. That would be counter effective anyway since stockings are common fetish wear, resulting in an even sexier design than before (to many, including myself).

Your different take on this is noted. Should have use the word "change" instead of "nerf".
They sure as hell are making Tifa a Japanese/Asian high school girl biased with the thigh high black leggings which was not her OG design.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
I stated this previously, but I don’t think Tifa’s stockings aren’t meant to be aping a “Japanese high school girl” aesthetic. I think it might have to do with further stressing her martial artist/athlete background.
I don’t mind the leggings/stockings, as I don’t think they are just stockings to be more “dressy”. I think they are meant to be compression stockings/leggings, which athletes wear to increase circulation and muscle recovery, and reduce cramping. So I think it’s an additional element that fits with Tifa’s martial artist shtick. Like how Barret’s shades aren’t just for a “cool factor”, but because they are protection for the sparks/flashes from his gun arm.

Vortigern

Pro Adventurer
I've seen it mentioned elsewhere that folks are concerned about no mention of blood given
the extensive blood trails after the breakout
but I'm also wondering if this particular scene is also on the cutting room floor as there is no mention of nudity in that ESRB blurb.

latest

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I stated this previously, but I don’t think Tifa’s stockings aren’t meant to be aping a “Japanese high school girl” aesthetic. I think it might have to do with further stressing her martial artist/athlete background.
Added to that, I think I've mentioned previously as well that the stockings still leave exposed the most tantalizing bit of leg (her thighs). If anything, they accentuate her thighs even.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
I've seen it mentioned elsewhere that folks are concerned about no mention of blood given
the extensive blood trails after the breakout
but I'm also wondering if this particular scene is also on the cutting room floor as there is no mention of nudity in that ESRB blurb.

latest
I doubt they will be cut. Remember “absence of evidence is not evidence of absence” and all that. Also partial alien “nudity” isn’t usually held to same standards as full blown birthday suit nudity from regular characters. And while I doubt we’ll be getting Resident Evil level bloodied halls, I think they will be able to depict some level of blood in the hall ways.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
They both have a T for Teen rating. The OG doesn’t have the summary but next to the icon:

1577036133887.jpeg

And the Remake:

1577036162705.jpeg

Looks like in every sense the realism of the Remake is making “mild” things explicit. So I wouldn’t worry too much about the game being censored.

Vortigern

Pro Adventurer
I doubt they will be cut. Remember “absence of evidence is not evidence of absence” and all that. Also partial alien “nudity” isn’t usually held to same standards as full blown birthday suit nudity from regular characters. And while I doubt we’ll be getting Resident Evil level bloodied halls, I think they will be able to depict some level of blood in the hall ways.

That is reassuring to hear, that segment really left an imprint on me as a kid who avoided horror movies and games. I want to have that same sense of fear and dread as I did way back, although I doubt I will pause the game for a hour and step away as I did back then!

Saven

Pro Adventurer
They both have a T for Teen rating. The OG doesn’t have the summary but next to the icon:

View attachment 4461

I remember when the original prints only had "Realistic Violence" listed for the T Rating when there was blood and the only other game that I knew of at the time that had the word shit in it (the other being Duke Nukem 3D). Seems Square sent them the "wrong" tape at the time. :P

Top Bottom