Vote on Our Next Community Playthrough (Get in here EVERYONE!)

Which game should be our next community playthrough?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lex

Administrator
I'm sure someone can add the vote in for you ^_^.

Also one day left. Hoping IX stays in the lead myself at this point tbh.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Chrono Trigger is still my first pick as I've never gotten around to finishing it.
Also, oddly, despite my lukewarm opinion of it, it's been so long since I pplayed FF8 that I found I was kinda selling myself on it.

But I have no argument with IX either I suppose.

Lex

Administrator
Poll is set to close at 19:12 in UK time tomorrow, which is around 12:12/13:12/14:12 in North America and 20:12/21:12 for most of our European users.

Also some time early morning Saturday for all the weirdos that live in the future (yes, you Ghost and Satsu :monster:)

I'll add a +1 to IX for Hito's vote when it closes.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Poll is set to close at 19:12 in UK time tomorrow, which is around 12:12/13:12/14:12 in North America and 20:12/21:12 for most of our European users.
Are you sure about that? It seems to have closed already. Not that I mind, though; I'm looking forward to playing IX :)

Lex

Administrator
Ask Yop, he's the one who gone dunnit :wacky:

If it really is closed and anyone else wants to vote maek poast. IX is in the lead by 3 points anyway (counting Hito's, unless all the people who picked "other" meant for us to play one game, which isn't the case) so it seems like IX is going to win.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Same here. Gonna need to find a good emulator too.
I use pSXfin... while it isn't as beefy (software wise) as some of the other emulators are, it doesn't need any external plug-ins, so it's nice if you don't want a complicated instal. You still need to get the PSP Bios for it else-ware, but I got that the same place I get my ISOs... and I know FFIX works on it.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Why do you always have to get the bios separately, anyway? I always hear because that's the illegal part...but you can still get it. why is it never just with the damn emulator? Like, what, they can't track you down if you don't include it with software?

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Why do you always have to get the bios separately, anyway? I always hear because that's the illegal part...but you can still get it. why is it never just with the damn emulator? Like, what, they can't track you down if you don't include it with software?
The emulator developers don't want to be liable. They don't care if you do something illegal, so long as it doesn't implicate them :)

PS: if anyone needs a bios and can't find one online, let me know.

Lex

Administrator
Also if you're not too fussed about fancy graphics settings, one of the most accurate emulators out there is pSX.

This is what me and Flint used for the VII race, and I've played through VIII and IX on it. It emulates the original PS perfectly - even better than the PS3 I've found. Video and sound are exactly what they should be.

Here's a link to a pSX download.

With regard to the ISO's, I can direct link to those too but I'm not entirely sure it's a good idea to do so. PM me for those. And Googling will get you the BIOS if Flint doesn't :)

ForceStealer

Double Growth
The emulator developers don't want to be liable. They don't care if you do something illegal, so long as it doesn't implicate them :)

PS: if anyone needs a bios and can't find one online, let me know.

But why aren't the people providing the bios afraid of being liable? And why are they never the same person? (The bios provider who's not afraid of liability and the software developer)

Lex

Administrator
Because providing an emulator doesn't break any rules. Providing a BIOS does. The "legal" way to emulate games is to download an emulator, rip the BIOS yourself from whataver console it is you're trying to emulate, rip the ISO/ROM from the game you're trying to emulate, and play it on your computer.

The people providing BIOS's on the internet are the same as the people providing ISO's - they're either hiding behind semi-untraceableness or they just don't care about liability.

It comes down to the fact that the people providing the emulators would have their projects shut down for umpteen violations if they provided the BIOS.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
@Ite: That's the same emulator I use. Something I've found out about BIOS. Some BIOS, even those for the same system, work better then others. I think I went through three PS ones before I found the one I'm using now, which works perfectly. 1 out of four ISOs downloaded...

Top Bottom