Weekly roundups

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I'm not a Superfan either. I haven't played the first three games, XIII, any of the online games and most of the sequels :monster:

How about this: whoever wins "Biggest Final Fantasy wonk" in the awards has to make a video and put themselves forward as a candidate with TLS's backing? :)

You'll never guess how long making the Agni's Philosophy Tech Demo took

The tech demo itself failed to make me interested in what Square might do with the engine, and knowing the lengthy development further reinforces my lack of interest. Certainly, they learned a lot while making the Tech Demo but in the end it's just another eye-candy cutscene. Show me real-time gameplay, not just another short movie (even if that movie happens to be in real-time graphics).

Last edited:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Well one, graphics / art style looks terrible, and two, in-game purchases, hurrgh. I don't think the gameplay's particularly interesting either, given the average gameplay of mobile games, :monster:

Lex

Administrator
Isn't that mobile game thing worthy of its own newspost too? I'm just about to write up the Ultimania one.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Because it features Cloud and Sephiroth, yes, it is. If not for that detail, I'd say no.

EDIT: By the way, I'm about to sort out the Ultimania stuff into a separate thread.

Lex

Administrator
Cool beans, I guess I'll write up the Ultimania newspost tonight then do the other one tomorrow, so it has a bit of time as the main FP article.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Sorry for the lateness of this week's roundup. I haven't had a spare moment with access to a computer since Thursday. I'll get working on it now.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
^ It's in the roundup. Artniks: yet another mobile Final Fantasy.

If anyone else wants to post a roundup article sometime, just let me know and I'll give you some instructions (it's not complicated, most of it can be worked out by looking at what I've published). I can do it most weeks, but there will be occasions when I need someone else to step in, so it would be good if at least one other person knew how to do them :)

Chun-Li versus Tifa

I was actually surprised with how good this fight was. It's a nice (diplomatic) touch that they included two different endings.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I'm going to add a new feature to the roundups to show how much we care about our members or something. Everyone who has joined in the past week and created an introduction thread will be welcomed, while everyone who has had a birthday in the past week and has been active in the past week and has their birthday publicly visible on our calendar will be wished a happy birthday. The reason for that last condition is that some people might not want to have their birthday publicised - even if someone ends up making a birthday thread for them.

This week's roundup is having it's lipstick and mascara applied right now and will be ready for the world to see shortly.

Last edited:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
If you mean Chun-Li versus Tifa, I meant to include that, in the forum section at least. It just slipped my mind. I'll add it now - thanks for mentioning it.

If you meant this video, though, I did not include that because Shademp did not ask me to. I leave it to him to decide how best to publicise his work on TLS :)

Edit: derp, forgot to link it. I really am absent-minded. Thanks, Shad.

Last edited:
Do you mean this video?
The Highwind - FFVII Unlocked
*Darn, embedding the video in the post makes the text be cut away in some of the annotations.

We can avoid including these in the roundup. I have two more videos to upload, followed by the relevant/related Unused Text articles to be published in January and/or February. I would like it if some, when they start reading the articles, have not actually seen the videos yet, ergo why we don't need them in the roundup.

It might seem like contradiction for me to make the videos public at all, but for those who are subscribed to my material I don't want to keep them in the dark for too long. :monster:

Last edited:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I meant the Chun Li vs Tifa one :monster:

And now that I'm done with work I got to watch it. That really was quite impressive. Bravo. And yeah, having both ways the fight could end is cool and ameliorates the ensuing flame war.

Last edited:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Does someone else want to do this week's roundup? It doesn't have to be published today; any time over the weekend is fine. I've got other things on my plate.

Also, instead of next week's roundup, I think I'll do a "2013 on TLS" article, looking back at our community events, the biggest FFVII-related stories and so on.

Top Bottom