What anime do you think deserve a reboot?

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Well I meant the combat, not the characters.

And the ships were CG, but not the Gundams.

Pretty sure there's a few moments where the gundams were 3d. I was wholly unimpressed by gundam seed on several levels regardless.

A Gundam Wing remaster should aim higher than that garbage.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
I watched Gundam Wing again for the first time in like, a decade a little while ago. The combat bored me, man! As cool as the designs for almost every single Gundam were, a good 80% of the fight scenes were "Hordes of Mobile Suits take on lone Gundam, Gundam proceeds to effortlessly destroy every single one of them in two moves or less"

It totally takes away from the tension of a fight scene when you know that the adversaries to the protagonists don't stand a chance whatsoever. The old Gundam series were better in that regard, given that battle scenes were a little more precious in the fact that the protagonists had to work for their wins, whether it was against regular mooks or bigger and badder foes. It really lets their skill shine when you see Ray Amuro make it through a firefight narrowly against a big foe or a lot of smaller ones.

Meanwhile, Heero and friends raise their cannon and obliterate dozens of mobile suits at a time.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I watched Gundam Wing again for the first time in like, a decade a little while ago. The combat bored me, man! As cool as the designs for almost every single Gundam were, a good 80% of the fight scenes were "Hordes of Mobile Suits take on lone Gundam, Gundam proceeds to effortlessly destroy every single one of them in two moves or less"

It totally takes away from the tension of a fight scene when you know that the adversaries to the protagonists don't stand a chance whatsoever. The old Gundam series were better in that regard, given that battle scenes were a little more precious in the fact that the protagonists had to work for their wins, whether it was against regular mooks or bigger and badder foes. It really lets their skill shine when you see Ray Amuro make it through a firefight narrowly against a big foe or a lot of smaller ones.

Meanwhile, Heero and friends raise their cannon and obliterate dozens of mobile suits at a time.
+10 mad props for knowing who the fuck Amuro is and what it was like for him to fight

that said, I would literally stab someone for a remastered Mobile Suit Gundam - the original series, back in the days of Amuro and Char and Whitebase. awwwww yeah

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
Doraemon. :monster:

And...

I guess Card Captor Sakura, Rurouni Kenshin (well, mostly just to make the animation and art more uniform--the style kept changing almost per episode ._.), GTO (?!), and... I'll think of others later.

Cowboy Bebop don't need no reboot. :awesome: Also
spike didn't die, IT WAS ALL JUST A DREAM. Also Julia sucks because she slept with Vicious AND Spike. whoar
and
Cloud dies

ForceStealer

Double Growth

In fairness, that kinda stops happening as the show goes on and OZ gets their heads out of their asses. First they resort to tricking them into doing dirty work for them, or just trapping them in what moves they can make, since they know they can't defeat them head on. And then Zechs.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
but I'd love to see a Samurai Deeper Kyo anime that doesn't...y'know, make me want to kill myself for ever watching it. Lots of anime don't follow the manga's plot to the letter, but what they did to SDK was just fucking atrocious.

tldr: adapt sdk manga to anime thanks

this

and I wouldn't mind a Trigun reboot where it actually follows the manga.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
^I'd enjoy that simply for the novelty though, as the anime is fairly faithful up until the bit where Maximum starts

Top Bottom