What are you listening to?

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Nirvana didn't really create anything particularly original; most of their style is lifted directly from the Pixies. Which isn't to say that Cobain's songwriting isn't fantastic.

and nearly every post-grunge band owes its entire existence to Pearl Jam. For example, Creed is pretty much what you get when you filter The Doors through the sonic lens of Pearl Jam. Then there are all the bands that ripped off Creed in turn.

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Queen of Sunshine / QoS / Suiseiseki / Desudesudesu / Teva / Teva'ni
Nirvana didn't really create anything particularly original; most of their style is lifted directly from the Pixies. Which isn't to say that Cobain's songwriting isn't fantastic.

and nearly every post-grunge band owes its entire existence to Pearl Jam. For example, Creed is pretty much what you get when you filter The Doors through the sonic lens of Pearl Jam. Then there are all the bands that ripped off Creed in turn.

I love Creed. Sorry just had to throw that in there. Then shall I say that Nirvana popularized the Grunge movement and made it mainstream---because ultimately it resulted in that.

The Man said:
Then there are all the bands that ripped off Nirvana in turn.

Also fixx'd IMO. :monster:

Dirty Diana -- Michael Jackson

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Creed's first album was nowhere near as bad as most people made it out to be; in fact there were several tracks on it that I really liked when the album came out, though I'm not sure how well they'd stand up if I listened to them now. I kind of got sick of them after they were overplayed to the nth degree several years ago, and I never got into any of their albums after the first one. I wonder what I'd think of My Own Prison if I listened to it now; I recently listened to American Idiot after avoiding it for three years due to how overplayed it was and it held up surprisingly well.

And yeah tons of bands ripped off Nirvana as well :monster:

Not listening to anything now and am probably about to bugger off to bed :wackymonster:

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Creed's first album was nowhere near as bad as most people made it out to be; in fact there were several tracks on it that I really liked when the album came out, though I'm not sure how well they'd stand up if I listened to them now. I kind of got sick of them after they were overplayed to the nth degree several years ago, and I never got into any of their albums after the first one. I wonder what I'd think of My Own Prison if I listened to it now; I recently listened to American Idiot after avoiding it for three years due to how overplayed it was and it held up surprisingly well.

And yeah tons of bands ripped off Nirvana as well :monster:

Not listening to anything now and am probably about to bugger off to bed :wackymonster:

You'd probably like My Own Prison.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YoUuwDZuW0

I've always liked their sound honestly, just something about them was indescribably . . . good to me. I just liked them, still do. Point blank.

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Bjork -- Hyperballad

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Heart of the House -- Alanis Morisette

She's made of pure win IMHO.

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Frostwave said:
Loved her version of My Humps. *grins*

I know wasn't it just so lolzworthy though if only because of its epic truthfulness? :wacky:

One -- Alanis Morisette

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
L.O.T. (Love or Truth) by Mflo

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Love Don't Cry/Mflo loves Crystal Kay.

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
DBSK -- Mirotic

"I got yooooooou under my skin . . ."

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Adri, Sir Integra, Fiona, Sango
Product of my own Design by Trapt

I haven't listened to these guys in a while. I still like them, surprisingly.

Top Bottom