What are you listening to?

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Nu Jazz isn't a really bad word actually. (except for the Jazz snob who also don't consider Fusion, Freejazz etc. as Jazz) Smooth Jazz however, is a bad word.
i've never heard of nu jazz before. If it's a legit style then I guess that makes sense :monster:

Univers Zero - Jack the Ripper

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Nokturnal Mortum - Голос сталі

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
Queen of the Borrowed Light
Wolves in the Throne Room

I could've seen these guys live. :(

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
I couldn't've. Florida is a shit place for concerts. :(

Nokturnal Mortum - Шляхом сонця

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
"Wandering Soul", Alex Parks

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
"Birdhouse in Your Soul", They Might Be Giants.

Shortly finished listening to "Your Racist Friend" by the same group. :awesome:

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Ⓐaron;208394 said:
i've never heard of nu jazz before. If it's a legit style then I guess that makes sense :monster:

Univers Zero - Jack the Ripper

Jazz has an insane amount of styles and subgenres, easily outdoing metal. And which is often pretty confusing. I don't know what Postbop is exactly and why Jazzrock and Fusion are two different things.

Jethro Tull - Thick as A Brick

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
Jazz has an insane amount of styles and subgenres, easily outdoing metal. And which is often pretty confusing. I don't know what Postbop is exactly and why Jazzrock and Fusion are two different things.

Jethro Tull - Thick as A Brick

Hey man i'd really like to get into some jazz but I got no idea where to start. Can you give me some ideas?

Age of Shadows
Ayreon

I am in for one big trip omg.

Last edited:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Hey man i'd really like to get into some jazz but I got no idea where to start. Can you give me some ideas?

Age of Shadows
Ayreon

I am in for one big trip omg.
Part of me says Miles Davis's electric period is good because it has some similarities to rock, but on the other hand it's incredibly avant-garde and bizarre. That said, his albums In a Silent Way and Tribute to Jack Johnson are pretty accessible considering the length of the pieces (each song is at least eighteen minutes long). Bitches Brew is a bit less accessible, though probably the best record from that period.

Other records you can't really go wrong with are Brubeck's Time Out and Miles' Kind of Blue. But yeah, Jochim knows a lot more about the genre than I do.

Joanna Newsom - Esme

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
Thanks i'll wait to see what SR says but that gives me a bit to go on.

The Truth is Here
Ayreon

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
Every Planet We Reach is Dead
Gorillaz

I hope something will top this on Plastic Beach.

Top Bottom