What are you listening to?

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Yeah it's pretty much one of the best albums ever.

Beastie Boys - Johnny Ryall

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
Hurry up and listen to Gojira and w/e other stuff i've sent you faggot.

Time as Abjection
Buried Inside

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
will do tomorrow.

Beastie Boys - High Plains Drifter

I wish more hip-hop productions were as dense as that of Paul's Boutique. Then again it would cost obscene amounts of money to do as much sampling as was done on this album. This song has four samples on it and that's pretty low for this album.

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
Gorillaz Demon Days. Although that's more trip-hop it's still an amazing album.

Carved Inside
Soulfly

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
yeah I need to check out Gorillaz; trip-hop is a genre I need to explore a lot more, given how much I love Massive Attack's Blue Lines. As far as other hip-hop artists, MF DOOM and Danger Mouse often have pretty dense productions as well.

Beastie Boys - Three Minute Rule

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
oddishness, like vines, azula, femshep, winter
iron and wine - upward over the mountain

one of the most beautiful songs i've heard in my life. i cry every time.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Toby Driver - The Lugubrious Library Loft.

I don't even know what lugubrious is, nor what it has to do with a library loft. Also, this guy are sick.

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
Toby Driver - The Lugubrious Library Loft.

I don't even know what lugubrious is, nor what it has to do with a library loft. Also, this guy are sick.

I've been unable to find that album. But I don't know if I really want it. I prefer motW over the rest of his stuff anyway.

Day Twenty Six: Angles Anonymous In Transit
Trap Them

Me like.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
It's pretty good; I can upload it if need be. But yeah, it's really weird. Also you need to go back and revisit Choirs of the Eye until it clicks; it's probably the best album he's recorded.

Astarte - Rise from Within I (Mystical Provocation)

This album is basically a more symphonic/progressive version of Sacramentum's Far Away from the Sun with females playing three of the four instruments and doing vocals. Which is perfectly fine by me since Far Away from the Sun is an amazing album that is far less influential than it should be, and this is quite well executed, i'maho.

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Sacramentum might've been more influential if they were actually original. (Not that I slag off far Away though, that album sure is a classic)

Akercocke - A Skin For Dancing In

A pity the production sucks so bad. The Goat of Mendes is a strong album nonetheless. Those jolly good Satanists need to hurry up with a new album imo. Leaving members doesn't help very much though.

Last edited:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Sacramentum might've been more influential if they were actually original. (Not that I slag off far Away though, that album sure is a classic)
It's not original but it's still one of the best melodic black metal albums ever recorded in my opinion. Too bad they never made anything else approaching its quality. Finis Malorum wasn't bad but the other two albums were pretty forgettable.

Akercocke - A Skin For Dancing In

A pity the production sucks so bad. The Goat of Mendes is a strong album nonetheless. Those jolly good Satanists need to hurry up with a new album imo. Leaving members doesn't help very much though.
Agreed

Gojira - Lizard Skin

pretty cool shit

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Eloy - Poseidon's Creation

German accent is AWESOME. I also need to investigate the Space Rock genre further.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Eloy is great. I need to investigate more of their work. As far as Space Rock goes, Hawkwind is mandatory, obviously. Although I've only heard a small portion of their discography so I'm not the best person to ask for starting points.

Muse - Knights of Cydonia

Top Bottom