What are you listening to?

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Woolen Hearts - These Arms are Snakes

Good shit. Loving the band. And Woolen Hearts is a great first song for an album.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
You're saying that a band can only fit in a genre if they have all the stereotypical elements that define that genre and that playing it a little different (By adding a trumpet fart or something) makes it prog, experimental or avant garde? Typical. That's the problem these days with genre categorisations imo. Words such as 'progressive' 'post' and 'avant garde' gets too much abused if you ask me.

That's what I'm trying to say, :monster:.

Caina - Temporary Antennae

Note I'm no genre categorist, so I won't try to fit this into one. It's different though, :monster:.

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
It's not metalcore if it doesn't fit the stereotype, :monster:. Then it gets prefixes like 'progressive', 'avant-garde' or 'experimental'. The 'metalcore' suffix depends on the bands said band lists as the ones they were inspired by.

They call themselves 'progressive metal' but really it's more 'mathcore' with generic as hell metalcore vocals. Like Divine Heresy/ As I Lay Dying kinda shit.

Day Sixteen: Day Seventeen: Wafers And Wine Of Sandblast Times
Trap Them

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I'm totally going to write epic mathcore lyrics. I'll be the shit. Here's something I wrote the other day whilst trying to re-calculate the Stefan-Bolzmann formula.

luminosity6.gif

Fuck yeah that's deep yo.

@topic, Tool - Rosetta Stoned. Not a big fan of 'em, but this one didn't aggrevate me enough to skip it, so :monster:.

crack

Donator
折原臨也でうざやサ - 神谷 浩史

Top Bottom