What are you listening to?

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Why is that unfortunate? I love a good album to drive people insane :monster:

Genesis - For Absent Friends

*unfortunately for them

Anyways. Dare to try it, though it might be too Avant Garde for you :monster: "Pony... or president...or whatever..."

Defeated Sanity - Carnal Deliverance

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
*unfortunately for them
Oh yeah :monster:

Anyways. Dare to try it, though it might be too Avant Garde for you :monster: "Pony... or president...or whatever..."

I actually listened to it several years ago and found it rather valid, but I haven't listened to it in awhile :monster:

Genesis - Deep in the Motherlode

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
One listen isn't enough to 'get it' In fact it took me at least ten listens and at least knowing 20 other Zappa albums to fully understand the bizarre conversations and the concept of the album. It's also the blueprint of conceptual continuality in his works. It's far ahead of it's time in Zappa's discography, but you'd have to explore the man's work more to fully grasp the brilliance of Lumpy Gravy actually. An often misunderstood masterpiece imo.

Nuclear Assault - Brainwashed

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
Times of Grace
Neurosis

The Neurosis & Tribes of Neurot Times of Grace doesn't sound right through my headphones. :(

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
One listen isn't enough to 'get it' In fact it took me at least ten listens and at least knowing 20 other Zappa albums to fully understand the bizarre conversations and the concept of the album. It's also the blueprint of conceptual continuality in his works. It's far ahead of it's time in Zappa's discography, but you'd have to explore the man's work more to fully grasp the brilliance of Lumpy Gravy actually. An often misunderstood masterpiece imo.
yeah I definitely need to listen moar

The Neurosis & Tribes of Neurot Times of Grace doesn't sound right through my headphones. :(
Which mix is it?

Genesis - Dance on a Volcano

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Todd Rundgren's Utopia - Freak Parade

I dig it. Lovely energy. I'm not sure if I'd listen to this a lot though - a little bit too bleepity bleep for my taste.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
He does use a lot of synthesizers in that period :monster:

Krallice - Aridity

Sounds way better on vinyl. I think I've already mentioned this but it's worth repeating.

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Yeah rather synthy. The album has also some excellent guitar playing and drumming though. I especially liked The Ikon.

[FONT=&quot]Amon Düül II [/FONT]- Pull Down Your Mask

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Yeah The Ikon is definitely the highlight of the album in my opinion. I'm not sure what the highlight of Wizard is. Probably Zen Archer, International Feel, Just One Victory, or the soul medley.

Krallice - Intraum

crack

Donator
池袋西口五叉路交差点 - Durarara!! OST Vol. 1: Psychedelic Dreams

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
A Forest of Stars - Male

speaking of vinyl I should really rip my vinyl of this

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Can - Aumgn

I Just learned to aprreciate Tago Mago from start to finish. Tripping on acid while listening certainly helps.

Top Bottom