What are you listening to?

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Could be so. To me the new album is basically a further refinement of the direction they went in with The Maniacal Vale, which is fine with me because I loved the new direction they went in with TMV. It's quite possible that I just haven't absorbed all the psychedelic elements on their earlier records because they're not produced as clearly, though.

But they're so much more psychedelic because they aren't produced so clearly.... Imagine Soft Machine's Third without a muddy production but rather a crisp clear one.... do you think it would be more psychedelic? I think the opposite.

Infernal Majesty - Night Of The Living Dead

Because None Shall Defy is the best metal album ever.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
yeah I guess we just have different perspectives on it. I should probably listen to the albums while actually under the influence of psychedelics; that might change my view on them.

The Beach Boys - [The Smile Sessions CD1 #01] Our Prayer [1:05]

sounds every bit as good as I was hoping it would.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Jello Biafra with the Melvins - [Never Breathe What You Can't See #06] Caped Crusader [6:09]

This is probably the best song about terrorism ever written.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Cynic - [Carbon-Based Anatomy #04] Box Up My Bones [5:33]

Vocals are kind of mediocre but other than that I don't get why everyone's complaining.

Oh wait, yes I do. "BAWWWWW THEY'RE NOT METAL ANYMORE"

dealwithitdog.gif

I'm glad they're doing stuff that interests them rather than remaking Focus a billion times, and this is coming from someone who regards Focus as one of the best metal albums ever made. The new EP is fine. Anyone who complains about a shift in style when the musicianship is as good as it is here is doing it wrong.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
George Carlin - [Life Is Worth Losing #06] Dumb Americans [10:57]

Christ, what a rant. Possibly his best. And given this is Carlin, that's saying a lot.

Am I the only one here who still regularly listens to stuff anymore? :sadpanda:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Yeah, I only poast here whenever I have something cool, which isn't very often these days :monster:. I haven't downloaded anything new in ages, nor found anything interesting in forever. I probably need a completely different taste in music or something, :monster:.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
I think I'm too addicted to music to stop posting regularly in this thread, even if it's stuff I listen to all the time.

@yop i should send you my albums of the year list

The Chasm - [The Spell of Retribution #04] Manifest My Intervention

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Yes, you should :monster:. With links, too - I can never find your stuff ever.

@thread, Unholy Matrimony - Innocence Abusée

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Drudkh - Самiтня Нескiнченна Тропа [Solitary Endless Path]

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Cynic - [Focus #07] Textures [4:40]

clearly one of the greatest metal instrumentals ever. Although I guess this song itself isn't that metal, but whatever :monster:

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Tankard - For A Thousand Beers

Yeah most of their lyrics (although this is an instrumental) are about beer, but they're still deeper than you're average Indie-teenage-college rock band.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
I don't know if I'd go quite that far, but Inquisition is consistently great, at any rate.

Judas Priest - [Sad Wings of Destiny #01] Victim of Changes [7:45]

Classic. I really should listen to Priest more often.

Top Bottom