What are you listening to?

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Rush - [Vapor Trails #04] Peaceable Kingdom [5:23]

It's a shame they ruined this with a horrible mastering job because it would very possibly be their best since Signals if they had mastered it properly. Thankfully they're remastering it. Luckily Clip Fix managed to make it listenable for the time being.

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
Birdo
HORSE the Band

I should probably listen to this album more often.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Tool - [Ænima #15] Third Eye [13:48]

Vinyl. Let me know if you want it. It's a pbthal rip so it's flawless.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Spiritualized - [Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space CD1 #08] The Individual [4:15]

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
People who listen to vinyl rips without owning the vinyl fail at music. See the negative responses of the vinyl rip of Manilla Road's last album - the CD sounds excellent, rather than the crappy vinyl rip.

Love - A House Is Not A Hotel

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
We're In This Together - NIN

I feel so sorry for all those kids out there who haven't listened to 90's rock

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
People who listen to vinyl rips without owning the vinyl fail at music. See the negative responses of the vinyl rip of Manilla Road's last album - the CD sounds excellent, rather than the crappy vinyl rip.

A good vinyl rip is better than most of the crappy CDs they've been putting out most of these days. I'll grant that a good CD is better than a crappy vinyl rip, which is why I generally check the reviews of the rips to see if they're any good before bothering to download them. pbthal generally makes some of the best rips on the net, and the CD of Ænima was pretty brickwalled. Also it's out of print on vinyl.

System of a Down - [Steal This Album! #10] Pictures [2:06]

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Yeah,a case like the Bolt Thrower vinyls who have the same level of compression as the CD's actually - making them irrelevant except for having bigger cover art. A case where vinyl is not superior. Anyways I still have nothing against CD's and actually prefer them to vinyl as they don't take as much space. Anyways if you havent checked out the last purchases thread, I just actually started off a vinyl collection, simply because I soon have more space with having a new house and stuff :monster:

King Crimson - Exiles

I never get fucking tired of good ol' Crimso.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Yeah, that's stupid when they use the same brickwalled mix for vinyl. I can name several other albums where they did that as well, or screwed up the mastering in some other way (Death Magnetic, Belus, Californication, and there is something wrong with the De-Loused mix as well but it doesn't look like it was actually the same mix as the clipped CD mix; however, the LPs of the other Mars Volta albums are fine).

And that's cool. Vinyl is definitely worth it when it's done right. I would definitely recommend the new Neurosis LPs Relapse just put out; Souls at Zero, which I just finished listening to, sounds incredible. I think I'm going to order Enemy of the Sun now.

and yeah, how could anyone get tired of Crimson :monster:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
I should also note that it has completely different artwork than the CD, and it's gorgeous.

What I wouldn't give for some good condition Crimson LPs. I wonder if they still make them. I'd pay pretty good money for Red on vinyl. That reminds me my dad has Court of the Crimson King on vinyl; I should rip it. I doubt it'll sound better than Steven Wilson's mix though.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Marillion - [Misplaced Childhood #02] Kayleigh [4:03]

No clue why I neglected them for long. I feel stupid. This could easily be mistaken for an eighties Genesis work from an alternate universe where Gabriel didn't leave the band, right down to the vocals.

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Early Marillion is a good substitute for Genesis considering what they have become by then. don't care for the Hogarth albums, they're boring. (along with most neo prog albums I've heard)

Klaus Schulze - Satz ebene

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
I liked Brave, but I haven't listened to any of the other Hogarth stuff yet and I'm not sure when or if I'm going to. The Fish-era stuff I have thus far is enough to tide me over for awhile anyway. For some reason despite liking Misplaced Childhood when I first heard it something like twelve years ago I never bothered checking out any of their other albums.

Neurosis - [Souls at Zero #01] Souls at Zero [7:52]

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
I like how Fish keeps denying he is influenced by Peter Gabriel at all - but is influenced by another Peter, Hammill instead. Uhm, sure Mr. Fish.

Kansas - Icarus - Borne On Wings Of Steel

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Lawl, there's clearly influence from both, but he sounds exactly like Peter Gabriel so the chance of him not being influenced is basically zero :monster:

Carbonscape - [Artistry of Exhaustion III #01] Draw Close, Let Us Sleep [12:56]

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Red Hot Chili Peppers - [Californication #07] Californication [5:38]

The unmastered version is so much better than the shitty Vlado Meller ruined version that was officially released. It's a revelation.

Top Bottom