What are you listening to?

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
I'll eventually listen to Hogarth Marillion. Right now my mood's on 70's prog shit only, especially the Italian stuff. Also, I´m going to see Devin Townsend Project this sunday along with the likes of Opeth, Meshuggah, Fear factory and the band I´m actually going for...

Death Angel - Evil Priest

Such a killer fucking live band.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
makes sense. Let me know how the live stuff is :monster: Hogarth Marillion has a bit more of a modern sound than the very obviously 80s sound of Fish-era Marillion (there's lots of influence from post-rock as well) but it's still really good and often complex. They may be trying to distance themselves somewhat from the label of prog but they are still doing plenty of stuff that is very obviously prog.

Immolation - [Close to a World Below #06] Lost Passion [5:40]

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Well I like my prog proggy rather than poppy but hell. That 70´s magic can´t be matched in my imo and the only band that´s from that era and still has that same magic is Magma as far as I´m concerned. But old marillion is killer, I hope the new stuff is at least interesting.

Death Angel - The Ultra Violence

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Magma's difficult to top, yeah. The only band from the modern era that comes close is Koenji Hyakkei, though there may be others with similar sound that I'm not aware of.

Immolation - [Close to a World Below #08] Close to a World Below [8:19]

Possibly the best song Immolation have ever recorded, which is saying a lot

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Oasis - [(What's the Story) Morning Glory? #04] Don't Look Back in Anger [4:48]

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Magma's difficult to top, yeah. The only band from the modern era that comes close is Koenji Hyakkei, though there may be others with similar sound that I'm not aware of.

Immolation - [Close to a World Below #08] Close to a World Below [8:19]

Possibly the best song Immolation have ever recorded, which is saying a lot

I meant a band from the 70's era that still has that same magic as their early days. Now I think about it, the three new Comus tracks really recapture the same good ol' classic Comus vibe. Ofcourse Koenjihyakkei is one of the greatest current prog bands ever and I'd might even suck Tatsuya Yoshida's dick if I've get the chance. Which unfortunately, I'll never have :monster:

Sodom - Agent orange

I really wanted to rewatch Ugetsu monogataru this evening but I'm in such a late year metal festival mood right now i just have to drink beer and listen to fucking Sodom.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
I meant a band from the 70's era that still has that same magic as their early days. Now I think about it, the three new Comus tracks really recapture the same good ol' classic Comus vibe. Ofcourse Koenjihyakkei is one of the greatest current prog bands ever and I'd might even suck Tatsuya Yoshida's dick if I've get the chance. Which unfortunately, I'll never have

Yeah that makes sense too :monster: I still need to listen to those new Comus tracks :monster:

Oasis - [Be Here Now #07] Fade In-Out [6:53]

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Their first few albums were rather good pop music, even if the production is godawful and can be blamed for almost single-handedly starting the loudness war. I recent ran them through Audition to compensate for the clipping so that's a bit like hearing a good new remaster (though not as good as it would be if someone actually properly remastered them). Also I've just been nostalgic for the 90s lately.

Oasis - [The Masterplan #01] Acquiesce [4:25]

Last edited:
Top Bottom