What are you listening to?

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Enslaved - [Eld #07] Eld [6:36]

Man, Mardraum is still my favourite, but I can see why Jochim regards this as their best. I really do have a difficult time ranking Enslaved albums after Mardraum though, but this is probably tied for my second favourite along with several others.

ASmilingMalice

I'm kind of a big deal
AKA
Marilyn Manson-Looking Fuck (no really)
"Valley of the Shadow" by Thomas Newman, from the Little Women soundtrack. That entire soundtrack is remarkable but this one is definitely my favorite.

crevaxa

Pro Adventurer
AKA
MDL_0
Saw this posted on another forum, had to share it with you guys. The greatest thrash instrumental ever used for a fast food commercial.

AvecAloes

Donator
Around the Fur - Deftones. I'd honestly forgotten I used to listen to this band in high school until I found their music in my iTunes the other day. Not sure what I think, actually. High school me had very different musical tastes than I do today :P

Ghost X

I do love David Bowie. I think this song is fairly average, probably won't do well on the radio (not that this means anything). However, it's oddly interesting to listen to, I find. Sounds off key and forced/poorly-written in some places, and this is something I criticise modern pop musicians for, but I think the key difference is there is no try-hardedness in the poor writing in this song (he is not trying to be "cool"). Rather than repulsing me, it makes the music quirky :awesome:.

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
I'm probably one of the only ones here caring for Death Angel lol. Still pretty cool I guess.

Guru Guru - Der LSD Marsch

Trippin'. These guys probably had their fair share of the stuff :monster:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Devin Townsend Project - [By a Thread - Live in London 2011 CD4 #12] As You Were [8:53]

Ghost X

Each year, Australian alternate radio station, Triple J, has their "hottest 100" songs for the year. Due to the demographic of listeners and possibly competition rules (not sure on the latter), pop songs generally don't make the cut (hoorah).

People vote for 10 songs they like, and the songs with the most votes get higher on the list n' what not. What prevents me from selecting my list accurately is my inability to remember band names, so my list is therefore for the non-existing "hottest 100 songs that Ghost X can recall the band name of":

Black Keys, The - Dead And Gone
Black Keys, The - Gold On The Ceiling
Calvin Harris - Sweet Nothing {ft. Florence Welch}
Hilltop Hoods - Speaking In Tongues {ft. Chali 2na}
Knife Party - Bonfire
Knife Party - Centipede
Lana Del Rey - Born To Die
Porter Robinson - Language
Skrillex - Bangarang {ft. Sirah}
Presets, The - Youth In Trouble

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Esoteric - [The Maniacal Vale CD1 #01] Circle [20:45]

Masterpiece. I'm going to go out for a walk under the stars listening to this album.

Top Bottom