What are you listening to?

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Dark Tribe - [In Jeraspunta - Die Rückkehr der tollwütigen Bestie #07] The Seed Is Rising [5:29]

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Emperor - [In the Nightside Eclipse #11] Gypsy [2:56]

I probably need to listen to Mercyful Fate more. The more I listen to this cover the more I love it.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - [Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven CD1 #01] Storm [22:32]

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - ['Allelujah! Don't Bend! Ascend! #03] We Drift Like Worried Fire [20:07]

goddamn this song is flawless

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
New album? Will have to listen, thanks for pointing out that it was out. Their last two have been killer. Their first is pretty good too.

edit: wow, this one is long for them. Most of their others barely topped thirty minutes if I remember correctly.

Btw, other than Don't Break the Oath and Melissa, what other Mercyful Fate albums are essential?

Genesis - [Wind & Wuthering #09] Afterglow [4:12]

edit:

Dark Angel - [Leave Scars #01] The Death of Innocence [3:49]

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Well for a BDM album it might be long but their songwriting skills are good enough so I don't mind. Also, Disgorge's Parallels of Infinite Torture is 45 minute sI belive, and I still love that album.

Blasphemy - Goddess of perversity

Still some of the most savage shit ever recorded.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Yeah I'm not complaining about the length; I was just surprised they made an album that long. Psalms doesn't even top 30 minutes.

Dark Angel - [Time Does Not Heal #04] The New Priesthood [7:15]

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Defeated Sanity - [Passages into Deformity #02] Naraka [5:07]

Holy shit, if this keeps up its current quality it may be their best release to date. And apart from the expected brickwalled mastering job, the production on this is absolutely perfect.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Mercyful Fate - [Melissa #06] Satan's Fall

I don't know why I didn't get into this the first several times I heard it. These have to be some of the best riffs ever.

Last edited:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Stormcock is pretty great. The one he did after that's pretty cool too (I forget the name)

Mayhem - [Ordo ad Chao #07] Key to the Storms [3:52]

Top Bottom